• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on Diamond's Ka’anapali Beach Club

nlions

Reaction score
I am pretty new to this timeshare area and trying to do my research on the Diamond Ka’anapali Beach Club and was wanting to know what those who have the experience here would believe would be the going rate, either from Diamond or resale if that's even an option here, for 2 weeks/points there. I'm planning a trip to Maui and would like to punish myself with a presentation, and would really like to know what others have paid or think is reasonable there. Did my searching of the forums and couldn't find anything there. Thanks in advance for any help.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister-in-law owns there and really likes the resort.

Here is a link to a website that has a a lot of discussion about Diamond.
http://www.timeshareforums.com/forums/diamond-resorts-international-fka-signature-sunterra-epic/

If you are buying mostly to use at that resort you should note the level of happiness of those who have stayed deeded and those who have joined the Diamond Club.

In regards to the Club there are some postings about how some have lost thier Memberships and how that occurred.

Also ask a lot of questions about if you join the Club what owner rights transfer and do not transfer if buying resale as there seems to be some differanances.

Suggest you join Tug ans get access to the resort reveiews.

Bruce :D

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Bruce.. Timeshareforums has one of the best Diamond/Sunterra platforms I've found.. You'll find great info there.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Bruce.. Timeshareforums has one of the best Diamond/Sunterra platforms I've found.. You'll find great info there.

:cheer: :cheer: Great minds think alike.

Bruce :D

Bill4728

Reaction score
Search the web ( here , redweek, myresortsnetworks, TS4Ms ect) for resale prices on the resort. You're likely to find that by buying resale, you can save $10,000 - $20,000 /week buying resale (maybe more). If Hawaii & Maui is were you want to go, save the money and buy resale.

PS also check out the wonderfull other TS resorts in that area by Marriott & Westin.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Search the web ( here , redweek, myresortsnetworks, TS4Ms ect) for resale prices on the resort. You're likely to find that by buying resale, you can save $10,000 - $20,000 /week buying resale (maybe more). If Hawaii & Maui is were you want to go, save the money and buy resale.

PS also check out the wonderfull other TS resorts in that area by Marriott & Westin.

It appears that Diamond Policy has now changed so that resales units may not be brought into the Club even if a person buys an additional increment of ownership from Diamond. Resale is definitely the way to go if you want to go to the resort, but buyers should also be aware that, barring another change in policy, they will not be able to convert that ownership to Club points. Such owners, of course, may still use their week in conventional trading.

I doubt that the Club benefits are so great as to justify exclusive developer purchases. But if someone does have their heart set on joining the Club it's worth noting.

J

JoeMid

It appears that Diamond Policy has now changed so that resales units may not be brought into the Club even if a person buys an additional increment of ownership from Diamond. Resale is definitely the way to go if you want to go to the resort, but buyers should also be aware that, barring another change in policy, they will not be able to convert that ownership to Club points. Such owners, of course, may still use their week in conventional trading.

I doubt that the Club benefits are so great as to justify exclusive developer purchases. But if someone does have their heart set on joining the Club it's worth noting.
This is not what the two latest posts, posted this weekend, at TS4Ms say.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is not what the two latest posts, posted this weekend, at TS4Ms say.

It could be, then, that they are no longer writing options that allow you to purchase a resale for a year after the developer purchase and bring that resale into the Club. So if you already own the resale you may be able to bring it in, but no more open options. At least that's what was going at the Sales Center on Kaua`i.

J

JoeMid

It could be, then, that they are no longer writing options that allow you to purchase a resale for a year after the developer purchase and bring that resale into the Club. So if you already own the resale you may be able to bring it in, but no more open options. At least that's what was going at the Sales Center on Kaua`i.
That, I might believe, but many things have been negotiable in the past if you asked the right questions.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That, I might believe, but many things have been negotiable in the past if you asked the right questions.

I'm pretty sure I asked the right questions. In fact, the sales person knew exactly what I was talking about because she had an resale addition option herself. Her boss was also familiar with it, as well as the next level up.

The Regional Director said the last several ones he had approved were sent back to him, with Clo0beck's initials on them, saying "Denied". He also mentioned to the Sales Director that he needed to check for an e-mail that came out recently (meaning it would have been early to mid-July 2008) regarding that topic.

Now after leaving the meeting I wasn't sure whether the policy only applied to options to add units for up to a year later, or whether the policy was no resales allowed into THE Club. Based on the more recent reports by others it appears that the policy may be "no options".

And, as you indicate, situations could be different in different sales centers.

Jimbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I asked the right questions. In fact, the sales person knew exactly what I was talking about because she had an resale addition option herself. Her boss was also familiar with it, as well as the next level up.

The Regional Director said the last several ones he had approved were sent back to him, with Clo0beck's initials on them, saying "Denied". He also mentioned to the Sales Director that he needed to check for an e-mail that came out recently (meaning it would have been early to mid-July 2008) regarding that topic.

Now after leaving the meeting I wasn't sure whether the policy only applied to options to add units for up to a year later, or whether the policy was no resales allowed into THE Club. Based on the more recent reports by others it appears that the policy may be "no options".

And, as you indicate, situations could be different in different sales centers.

My experience this week was that I could not have an "Open Option for a year." Period. If I wanted to come back to the sales center for another conversion of a fixed week unit, I could do so with the purchase of more pts.

Everything is negotiatiable but leverage is everything. I think next time I might bring 2 units to the sales people for conversion and see if I have to buy twice the points noted.