• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone heard of Properties Exchange or Resort Properties Exchange ?

Reaction score
Just talked to the titling company in Tennessee who received my paperwork last night. They (and my timeshare company) informed me that to be released from the HOA regardless of ownership, there is a form that has to be provided from the brokerage organization claiming ownership. There is a $325 fee as well from my timeshare manager. At this point, I don't care who pays it. If they let me out for a fee of 325, I will be happy. I will ride it out and let you guys know how it plays out.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just talked to the titling company in Tennessee who received my paperwork last night. They (and my timeshare company) informed me that to be released from the HOA regardless of ownership, there is a form that has to be provided from the brokerage organization claiming ownership. There is a $325 fee as well from my timeshare manager. At this point, I don't care who pays it. If they let me out for a fee of 325, I will be happy. I will ride it out and let you guys know how it plays out.

The $325 is most likely a "transfer fee". Although $325 is relatively hefty for a U.S. timeshare transfer fee, it is a fee which a resort (or its' management company) imposes to process a change in ownership after (I repeat, after) a valid new deed has been recorded. In the U.S., transfer fees are usually around $100 or a bit less.

I predict here and now that the looming obstacle for you is going to be in the "form" which the "brokerage" is apparently required to complete, likely to be provided to the resort and / or its' management company. This "form" is undoubtedly designed to ferret out whether the "brokerage" is even a legitimate entity in the first place, or perhaps instead what is known around here as a "Viking Ship" entity (a bogus entity on which timeshares are loaded and sent off to sail away, as in a Viking funeral).

Again, I personally harbor serious doubts about the legitimacy of this entire operation, but I still wish you luck and I hope that my instincts are proven to be wrong.
Please report outcome later, when all is said and done. "Later" would most appropriately be after the resort has either accepted or rejected a new recorded deed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
http://www.timesharetransfers.com

Here is the company that is handling the deed to my timeshare. They reported that they are sending a certified letter to my timeshare HOA stating that they (or their client) is taking ownership of my property. I have been promised a copy of the letter as well as a USPS tracking number by the end of the day. (They are on mountain time) They also informed me that they are coving all transfer cost. That was part of the $2200 that I paid.

They are also working with the court house in South Carolina to get a new deed. I will keep you guys up to date.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They reported that they are sending a certified letter to my timeshare HOA stating that they (or their client) is taking ownership of my property.

Just to clarify - This is the required procedure to legally transfer a timeshare:

1) The closing company must CREATE a new deed and SEND it to the local county records office.

2) After it's recorded at the local county records office, they send it BACK to the closing company, and then the closing company must send the recorded deed to the resort.

3) The resort may decline to accept the transfer, if they think this is an illegal transfer, with the intent of abandoning the deed. (AKA "Viking Ship".)

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The hits just keep on coming...

1. Timeshare Transfers of Boulder, CO has established a reputation and track record of questionable reliability and / or legitimacy over some years now here on TUG, quite unlike similar sounding and eminently capable and respectable Timeshare Transfer (located in Vero Beach, FL and having no "s" at the end of the word "transfer").

Btw, why would this unknown outfit in SC see a need to "team up" with a shaky closing entity out in CO with a half dozen good, much more local options available? :ponder:

2. I'm still looking (to no avail, so far) for elusive mention of a deed being prepared and recorded but I don't see that important step being overtly mentioned at all.
Letters (with or without USPS tracking numbers and whether or not sent by certified mail or Pony Express) or emails, faxes, smoke signals and / or any other form of correspondence collectively all mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING without a valid deed being prepared, recorded and then accepted by the underlying resort at issue.
:deadhorse:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a gambler by nature, I'd still be willing to bet (...the now sunk $2,200.00?) with very little hesitation that jakduke's train is running hard on tracks to Nowhere.
Forewarned is forearmed --- and this continuous repetition gets old. Best of luck to you jakduke; I have to believe that you are likely going to need lots of it on this.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be aggressively be pursuing the "promised" refund and dispute the charge based on their failure to refund.

Do you have a contract chances are what they have actually do is much more limited than what they implied they would do during the dog and pony show.

BTW I got sucked up into an eBay auction where the Colorado Timeshare transferS was the closing agent, the unit being sold wasn't remotely close to what was listed - I assumed it was the Florida Timeshare Transfer that was well regarded on TUG, I disputed the charge and the it was reversed.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be aggressively be pursuing the "promised" refund and dispute the charge based on their failure to refund.

Do you have a contract chances are what they have actually do is much more limited than what they implied they would do during the dog and pony show.

BTW I got sucked up into an eBay auction where the oColordo Timeshare transferS was the closing agent, the unit being sold wasn't remotely close to what was listed - I assumed it was the Florida Timeshare Transfer that was well regarded on TUG, I disputed the charge and the it was reversed.

I asked previously about any written contract and content thereof, wondering aloud where "3 days to cancel" originated. No reply of any real substance followed. :shrug:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The pitch is that they send you a deed with the new Company’s name on it. You sign it and get it notarized and send it back to them. They process it and record it and send the resort the new deed and the transfer request. As far as the 3 day re-cission clause, I do not see it on the contract of things that I got from them. I am going to call the transfer company and ask the name of the receiving company. I am then going to call my resort management and verify if they are OK with their new client. If I get no resolve, I am going to the office I signed the document at and will ask for my money back after I stop by the bank. I am sure that they are going to tell me some of the money was spent to start the process and only offer a partial refund if any. I did get a tracking number of the document that they sent my resort claiming that they are taking my deed. Who knows what the document is. It could be a Christmas card. I am nervous. It is not the money I care about. It is the fact that I might still own this nightmare of a timeshare.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked previously about any written contract and content thereof, wondering aloud where "3 days to cancel" originated. No reply of any real substance followed. :shrug:

Guess I need more coffee before I type a response

jazurita

Reaction score
Property Exchange

This is a big scam.

Do you have a phone number to contact Property Exchange?

They took $2000 from me from my credit card to sell my time share and I never heard from them again.

My email is jzurita53 (at) gmail (dot) com.

The phone number I have for them does not accept any incoming calls.

Thank you.

John

Last edited by a moderator:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a scam.

Property exchange took $2000 from my credit card to sell my time share and I never heard from them again.

The phone number that I have for them does not accept any calls.

If you have a phone number for them I would appreciate it if you can forward it too me.

My email is jzurita53 (at) gmail (dot) com

Thank you.

John.

Your best bet now is to contact the Attorney- General of the state where this operation is located and file a report online. Now that you've posted your e-mail address on a public forum outlining your plight, expect to receive a flood of e-mails and phone calls from scammers claiming they can get your money back or sell your TS.

Have you also looked at disputing the charges with your credit card company?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
it works!

I originally posted this and have not updated it in fear that my resort would get wind of what I was doing and delay the process. Ok... here is the scoop. I paid $2200 for timeshare transfers to get the deed to my timeshare out of my name. The bottom line is that it took 6 months but the deed is now back in the original resort/home owner association's name and not mine. If you don't believe me go to Horry county South Carolina deed search page and view deeds processed on May 6th and you will find that I transfered the deed legally back to the Sand Castle Resort. Deed record book 3818 page 1034. I have a copy of the recorded deed as well. Highly recommended. Point of contact- Chris Culhane. This is the same team that "donate for a cause" uses. You may be able to save money dealing with them directly. My original deed was recorded in book 3486 page 1885 on October 15th 2010. I emailed a copy of the new deed to the resort and they no longer send me emails.

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be inclined to bet the farm if you posted here offering to pay a $1,000 bounty and $150 closing costs you would have had several takers.

Did you look into new Wyndham buy back program??

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I transfered the deed legally back to the crooks that sold it to me.

This is a common misconception. Whatever method you use to dump a timeshare, the deed goes back to the HOA - the other owners, who will have to cover your maintenance fee until it can be re-sold.

The "crooks," are the developer and sales staff - they are long gone with no consequences what so ever.

We have a forum on TUG where people give away their unwanted timeshares for free, to other people who WANT them. Usually, for just a minimum transfer cost of less then $200 - it's too bad you didn't try that option first.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I originally posted this and have not updated it in fear that my resort would get wind of what I was doing and delay the process. Ok... here is the scoop. I paid $2200 for timeshare transfers to get the deed to my timeshare out of my name. The bottom line is that it took 6 months but the deed is now back in the original resort/home owner association's name and not mine. If you don't believe me go to Horry county South Carolina deed search page and view deeds processed on May 6th and you will find that I transfered the deed legally back to the Sand Castle Resort. Deed record book 3818 page 1034. I have a copy of the recorded deed as well. Highly recommended. Point of contact- Chris Culhane. This is the same team that "donate for a cause" uses. You may be able to save money dealing with them directly. My original deed was recorded in book 3486 page 1885 on October 15th 2010. I emailed a copy of the new deed to the resort and they no longer send me emails.

Just out of curiosity, before you went to this outfit and paid $2,200, did you contact Sand Castle to see if they would take a deedback? It just seems to me that it wouldn't have legitimately been deeded back to Sand Castle unless they signed acceptance of the deed. I can't help but think you paid $2,200 for them to do what you could have done yourself free.

Reaction score
I tried everything. I tried to pay Sand Castle to take it back. As far as selling it to someone else, no one wanted it. I even considered putting it in an elderly relative's name, so that they could die with it. Look...I am honest and told people about the challenges that I had trying to use it. Special assessment fees, etc. I would not feel right about putting that on another person. Not sure how the "time share transfers" people convinced the resort to take it back, but they did. Maybe they split the money I gave them. Maybe they all threw a big party and laughed all the way to their banks. Either way, my ownership is no more and I thank God daily for it.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure how the "time share transfer" people convinced the resort to take it back, but they did. Maybe they split the money I gave them.

I'm not sure either but what they likely did was threaten the resort saying something along the lines of "If you don't take it back amicably now, it will transfer into a Viking Ship, cost you legal and foreclosure fees, and you will end up with ownership of it anyway."

And who is this "Timeshare Transfer"? It's not the same reputable closing company, is it? I can't see the Timeshare Transfer that most TUGgers are familiar with getting into the business of getting owners out of their ownership.

Reaction score
It is timeshare transfers. Here is some contact info:

[Commercial links deleted - we don't promote this kind of company on TUG]

I am pleased with their service. If they had to threaten the resort, that is just business I guess. The resort did tell us a bunch of lies about how the whole thing works. They told me about splitting the week into 3/4 days. Take my dog to any resort. No up charges based on Availability, etc. etc, etc. They take my money every year and I get nothing for it. Believe me..... they made out pretty good on the thousands of dollars they made off me. They can move on to someone else.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

So this took months to complete.? As this started in 2014 it is likely the 2015 maintenance fee was not paid, correct? The fact that a deed was recorded May 2015 does not mean the HOA has to accept it. Was a proper transfer completed with the resort? If no, one possibility as to why you no longer get emails is because they foreclosed on the property.

Reaction score
As a precaution, I paid the 2015 maintenance fees. I did not want that to be an issue. Since it is dated 2014, I legally am entitled to that money.....maybe? Either way I am not going to solicit more communication. They originally sent me an email about their hours changing. I replied and told them that I no longer own the unit. They replied saying their records did not reflect the transfer. I emailed them all of correspondence and a copy of their new deed to ensure the member service center was updated and that was it. After they got the deed, they stopped communicating with me.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The resort did tell us a bunch of lies about how the whole thing works. They told me about splitting the week into 3/4 days. Take my dog to any resort. No up charges based on Availability, etc. etc, etc. They take my money every year and I get nothing for it. Believe me..... they made out pretty good on the thousands of dollars they made off me. They can move on to someone else.

Again - the "resort" did not tell you a bunch of lies. Sales told you a bunch of lies. The resort does not belong to Sales or to the developer - it belongs to the remaining owners, who are now paying your maintenance fees.

Your idea that you are "sticking it to the man" is way off base.

Reaction score
Maybe the resort is not to be blamed, but it is the people who represent their interest and are on the payroll. I tend to think they are not blind to the sales tactics. I do hate to know others may have to pay a couple of more dollars every year. It is truly unfortunate. Hopefully they can find some relief. I am not saying that all timeshare is bad. The one I got was and I paid $6000 cash for it. $500 each year on time, every time for about 7 or 8 years. I stayed in it 2 weeks total (floating week) and then paid $2200 to get rid of it. I am in the service and will be getting out soon. Family of 5. I had to tap out.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I do hope this works out for you. However, you tried to have the resort take it back and they didn't want it. You then paid this company $2200 and all it appears they did was to deed it back to the resort without their knowledge. If that is true then you were unfortunately scammed out of $2200. The resort does not have to accept the new deed. They can still hold you 100% responsible.

If the deed was put in your neighbor's name without their knowledge do you think they would be held liable?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe that the "rescue company" is a Viking Ship company and they deeded the TS to a dummy corporation and abandoned it.

That is why the resort didn't know the deed had been transferred - because the Rescue Company didn't send the recorded deed to them - or maybe they never even recorded it with the county.

Then the resort had to take steps to recover the deed, so it wouldn't be in limbo - which they apparently did. However, many resorts are refusing these transfers now, because they have wised up to the Viking Ship scams.

I am sympathetic to the OP's situation, but these Viking Ship companies are bad for timesharing, and there are certainly other options for giving away a timeshare - and they are a lot less than $2,200.

Last edited: