• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deercreek Myrtle Beach

swim288

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I am new around here and I apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong place. Please let me know and I can move it. Anyway, I'm looking to buy a time share in Myrtle Beach to stay and trade, probably equally. We are looking at units at Deercreek, which is affiliated with RCI (currently Silver Crown award level). I would be purchasing 2 units/weeks, week 8 and week 34. The unit is a 3 bedroom/3 bath and the MF for each unit is currently $666. The TPU through RCI for the week 8 unit is 19 and the week 34 unit is 29. We can purchase both of these units for $250 with no closing costs or MF for this year, but we will have use of the August week in 2015. The seller is also willing to transfer his current RCI membership and any depsoits over to us at the time of the sale. My question is, based on the MF for both units ($1332/yr) and the TPU value for the units, is this a good deal? I think we will use the August week more frequently but the February week will almost always be either deposited or rented as we have kids in school at that time of year. Thanks for any advice or insight before we sign and seal this deal!

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at Deercreek twice and my brother stayed once. I stayed in both a 3 and 4 bedroom. The units are HUGE, as you know.

I like the place and its location in Surfside beach area. In fact, when we stay at SouthBeach resort in the southern tip of MB, we often go to Surfside and south to spend our time.

I don't know about the value of your deal but what I will say is this:

For $666 MF (very low), and the intended use in August, and a very low entry price of $250, I don't think you can go wrong. Especially if you have already seen the units and understand what you are getting. We considered buying into these through their front office which has resales, but ended up getting a HICV points package.

But these were some of the largest and most comfortable, if not dated (older) units we have stayed in through our trades with RCI. I also loved the small pond out the back, the wide screened porch, and the quietness of the place.

Don't count on getting much value or use from your February week, but if you learn to deposit it very early it might give you some trading value. I am not familiar with the TPU values, but if you are already in RCI you can see what this will yield for your vacations.

Good luck and happy vacations.

swim288

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at Deercreek twice and my brother stayed once. I stayed in both a 3 and 4 bedroom. The units are HUGE, as you know.

I like the place and its location in Surfside beach area. In fact, when we stay at SouthBeach resort in the southern tip of MB, we often go to Surfside and south to spend our time.

I don't know about the value of your deal but what I will say is this:

For $666 MF (very low), and the intended use in August, and a very low entry price of $250, I don't think you can go wrong. Especially if you have already seen the units and understand what you are getting. We considered buying into these through their front office which has resales, but ended up getting a HICV points package.

But these were some of the largest and most comfortable, if not dated (older) units we have stayed in through our trades with RCI. I also loved the small pond out the back, the wide screened porch, and the quietness of the place.

Don't count on getting much value or use from your February week, but if you learn to deposit it very early it might give you some trading value. I am not familiar with the TPU values, but if you are already in RCI you can see what this will yield for your vacations.

Good luck and happy vacations.
Thanks so much for your reply, Sandy! I think that this is going to be a good deal for us; my husband is always the skeptic. The units are huge which is great for our big family (4 kids) and anyone else who may want to join us. I didn't really want the week in February but the current owner wasn't willing to split up the two weeks and just sell us the August week. It dies seem like it has a decent trade value though. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk