• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean City Md in October

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked a 2br in OC for the mid of October

What is there to do then? I know the weather wll be cool, but can still walk on the beach. Will the boardwalk be open?

It is restaurant week and October fest in Berlin so there should be some things to do

The minature golf open or have to go to the indoor facilities The condo we are at has an indoor pool. I knowthe outdoor one will be closed.

Any place nearby for day trips?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The boardwalk never closes. There will be more stores open during the weekend then during the week. During the off season the stores are often manned by the owners and if the weather is nice and there is enough foot traffic they will open during the week as well. Chains that have multiple locations will closes some of the ones on the higher blocks. From the inlet to about 4th-8th street will have the most open. If the weather is nice you should have multiple outdoor mini golf locations to choose from especially during the weekend. Regardless of weather or day of week/year Old Pro has 2 indoor/outdoor courses (one around 60th st. and another around 135th). The outdoor portion is always available when the indoor part is open.

The midway rides will probably be closed but may have some limited hours on the weekend. There is tax free shopping at the outlets in Delaware. They have most of the same inventory in West ocean city, you have to pay tax but it is closer. They have some boat rides and fishing charters which may still be open on the weekends. We always enjoy biking the boardwalk. You can do an afternoon trip to Assateague.

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
I knowthe boardwalk never closes. I should have asked about the businesses on the BW. The restaurants etc. The rides we dont care about

I;m thinking it may be busy with restaurant week and October fest in Berlin

DH wll take his metal detector on the beach and see what he can find

today the weather shows in the mid to upper 60's but that changes everyday

lvkcwalker

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can do an afternoon trip to Assateague.

Do note, however, if there is still a Govt. Shutdown affecting National Parks that Assateauge National Park will be closed. The State Park should still be open though.

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seacrets for jerk chicken, Fagers Island for sunset and the 1812 overture, M.R. Ducks when the charter boats come in.