• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cycling in Myrtle Beach

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Has anyone bicycled much in the Myrtle Beach area?

We are heading to SBP in March '14 and are considering bringing our bikes down with us for the week (we both love to ride, and live in a very bicycle friendly city). I have found a few descriptions of bike routes, but they are in words only and sound kind of fractured. Would love to find a good cycling map of the area! March sounds like it shouldn't be too busy, but in many US cities you feel like you are taking your life in hand if you ride. So is MB a bike friendly area?

TIA

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not really very friendly in the SBP area. After about a mile, it might be acceptable closer to the beach. It is not a bicycle friendly area.

spencersmama

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not at all. My husband brought his bike to ride in Myrtle Beach last summer. He rides about 100 miles a week on all types of roads in our area, including highways. We tried to go our to a 30 mile bike ride and came back to the TS early. He said he almost got hit many times and people were honking at him, throwing things at him, and trying to run him off the road. He asked one of our servers whom had grown up in the area if he knew of any good roads to bike on. He said that he drives inland when he wants to do a long ride because biking in MB can be so crazy.

We were there in the summer. Perhaps fall and winter is different.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the information. I guess the bikes will remain tucked away in the garage for a couple of more months this winter.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bike Friendly SC Barrier Islands

The rest of the barrier islands along SC are very bike friendly! Hilton Head is practically famous for it's bike trails and wonderful riding along the beach.

Seabrook, Kiawah, Fripp, Wild Dunes are some of our other favorite coastal bike riding / vacation spots. Unfortunately we've only biked once in a private/gated golf community (around the neighborhood) in the Myrtle Beach area. I would not bother taking my bike. Next time plan something further south........

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe next vacation go a little farther South and try Hilton Head Island. There are numerous beautiful resorts and bike trails are everywhere, safe and friendly. You can also bike on the beach. There is nothing like it if you are a biker. Try it you'll like/love it!! :banana:

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can also bike the beach in North Myrtle - not so much the roads, but the beach itself is similar to HHI.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Head is on the list of possibilities already - we considered it for this year as well, but in the end MB won out. Mostly because we aren't golfers, and there seemed to be more to do around MB regardless of weather (which I understand can be pretty variable in March).

We usually manage 2-3 TS stays a year, but there are a lot of desired destinations, along with regular returns to Disney at least every other year. Hopefully HH will make the cut in the next few years, and we'll be able to enjoy the trails. Thanks for the tips!