• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boston Holiday Happenings

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Blink! A Light and Sound Extravaganza
November 23rd - January 5th at Faneuil Hall Marketplace

Marriott's Boston Custom House is right on the doorstep here but any visitors to Boston should enjoy this. :)

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds nice. My husband and I are exchanging in for Christmas week.

Already trying to decide just WHERE we will eat Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day. Reservations will be needed.

Ruth Chris Steakhouse is open.
Beacon Hill Bistro is open.
Parker House is open only until Noon, so that is out.
Average price is abt $50/65 pp plus tips.

Any other thoughts on Christmas Day restaurants or activities?
Unless there is a blizzard that day, we'll probably just walk the city.

nkn :banana:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Boston Globe recently had a piece on using your smartphone to explore "Old Boston". The apps they mentioned are:
Tour Boston's Freedom Trail - $2.99
Freedom Trail Official App - $4.99
NPS Boston - Free
Mapping Revolutionary Boston - Free
History Here - Free
Field Trip - Free

It appears that the last 2 are not specific to Boston.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score

It seems as if you will have many options. If you want steak, I'd head to Palm or Smith & WOllensky which are both walking distance from Custom House. For fish, I'd head over to Legal's Long Wharf or Harborside. Ristorante Fiore is open in the North End for Italian although I'd probably head over there Christmas Eve instead. And if you want to keep to budget dining, there is ALWAYS Chinatown :)

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since we are there for the week, we'll be trying a lot of restaurants. We made the decision for Ruth Chris for Christmas Dinner.

We were going to try the Beacon Hill Bistro, as we have had their Thanksgiving Dinner before, but decided we'd rather do Ruth Chris this time.

NKN :cheer:

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Made the res a couple days ago, with confirm.

NKN