• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Weather for Myrtle Beach in October

KevJan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just put a unit on hold for the middle of October and trying to find out if the "hurricane season" is during this time. I found www.weather.com but it only gave temperatures. Sure don't want to have a vacation ruined because of bad weather just because I didn't do my "homework". Thanks for any help you can give me.

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just put a unit on hold for the middle of October and trying to find out if the "hurricane season" is during this time. I found www.weather.com but it only gave temperatures. Sure don't want to have a vacation ruined because of bad weather just because I didn't do my "homework". Thanks for any help you can give me.

I don't dare try to predict the weather and I think the hurricane season officially ends in November, BUT I have been to North Myrtle Beach in October for the past 3 years and the weather has always been nice. Maybe not lie on the beach in your swimsuit nice, but still very pleasant. I think one year we had a day that was rainy and cool, but mostly good. I will add that this spring seems to unusually stormy in our areas (I live in NC and am currently traveling in TN), but maybe that means we'll have a beautiful Fall.
~ Melinda

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is still hurricane season but hurricanes are rare. The weather will likely be very nice and the crowds will be gone.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've gone during that time and it was like in the 70's not to bad.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
The first two weeks of October are usually very nice with temps still in the 70's-80's. after the 15th everything is usually totally unpredictable! I've seen it in the 80's and also the low 60's! Something about our weather pattern usually changing around the 15th for some reason.

One really good thing for you is that we haven't had a major storm during October since 1954! I think your pretty safe in not having to worry about a hurricane on your trip. enjoy

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hurricanes season will be over and the temp's should be very nice. However, the temps and weather this year in MB has been very strange.

We stayed at Ocean Watch this past April 2013 for 16 days. It rain every other day and the temps were only in the high sixty's.

In March the temps were in the seventy degrees range.

Enjoy you vacation in MB this year.