• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So excited! SFX came through with Manhattan Club :)

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had to share :banana:.

I'd put in a request with SFX for a unit (sleeps 4) in NY for a very specific date in March next year. I initially got a call last week with a match to a Jr. Suite (studio). I took it thinking we would make do. I was asked if I wanted to keep the search going to see if a 1BR became available and I said yes. I wasn't holding out much hope, but I knew I had a unit and we would definitely be going. I got a call today and a 1BR unit was available so all I need to do was confirm, pay the upgrade fee (essentially a re-exchange) and the unit was mine.

On to the planning ... I've read the reviews and it seems that requesting a unit on a high floor, preferably on the corner by 56th and 7th will give me the best view. Has anyone had any success with receiving the unit location they've requested, for an exchange?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I recently stayed there and was in a 1BR on the 24th floor.

I can't speak for the view because we were in an interior unit. However, the good part was the unit was dead quiet. We couldn't hear horns honking, sirens or anything.

The building faces the north so even if you were in an exterior room. I don't think you'd see much more than 57th and 7th. It's not like you'll be staring at the Empire State Building or anything.

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I guess it doesn't really matter the unit location, although the quietness of an inside unit sounds like it might be more desirable than a view. It'll be our first trip to NY that's longer than a day trip, so we'll be trying to see and do as much as we can.

MoiAl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We always get the corner room on 57 and 7, it overlooks the entrance to central Park and you can see right down 57th. We are never bothered about the floor. Shop for your groceries at Whole Earth at Columbus Circle or better still if you want a walk, Zebar's at 80th and Broadway, where the locals shop with a cheese selection that will b low your mind. Columbus Circle Wines on 8th and 59th I think, has a great selection at reasonable prices. Enjoy

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
There's a great grocery store right on 57th past the Russian Tea Room also.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
We always get the corner room on 57 and 7, it overlooks the entrance to central Park and you can see right down 57th. We are never bothered about the floor.

Our choice as well. We do prefer 2411 as opposed to the lower floors.

DonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had to share :banana:.

I'd put in a request with SFX for a unit (sleeps 4) ....

We recently enjoyed a week at the MC thanks to an exchange via SFX

We also got a 1br sleeps four. My wife & I enjoyed the king size bed, while my adult daughter & my sil slept on the pull out sofa bed.

Warning- the adult children didn't sleep well- lumpy with some springs!

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long did you guys put in your requests? I have a request in for the summer.

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How long did you guys put in your requests? I have a request in for the summer.

I put in my request at the earliest possible date. I have a platinum membership with SFX, so I made the request 18months out (Sept 2012).

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
I have to add my 2 cents as to trading with SFX. They are awesome. I have never NOT gotten a trade that I have requested and believe me I have been very specific. As to.... I only want this week, this resort only and I have always gotten it. They are very nice people to deal with. Congraats on your Manhatten Club week :)