• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Mayan, Grand Luxxe - Nuevo Vallarta

blackjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers.

Anyone traded in using II? Wondering if the $75 fee applies when exchanging though II.

Okay, sounds like we will just use the shuttle service from the resort. Can't wait.

I am trying to find information about the 3 bedrooms and I seem to only find 3 types. Either a Presidential corner one in the regular Luxxe buildings or a 3 bedroom in the Spa tour and the loft 3 bedrooms in the Punta? Is that right? I would be super happy with any of them so just wondering.

Thanks.

Last edited:

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I am trying to find information about the 3 bedrooms and I seem to only find 3 types. Either a Presidential corner one in the regular Luxxe buildings or a 3 bedroom in the Spa tour and the loft 3 bedrooms in the Punta? Is that right? I would be super happy with any of them so just wondering.

Thanks.

The corner units in the regular Luxxe units are called Grand Luxxe Villa; they have an extra room that can be used as a third bedroom. It is really another small living area with large TV, kitchenette module, and balcony - but has fold out couches for sleeping.

The Spa units do have 3 bedroom units that are also the corner units. These units are their own buildings in RM but generally the top floors on Luxxe 3-X) in NV.

The loft units are the center floors on Luxxe 3 & 4 in NV; large two story units with 3 bedrooms.

The Presidential units are in the Punta building and do have some 3 bedroom units.

Mike

Last edited:

kpeiper

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in a 2 BR Villa in building IV now. Very spacious. The extra living area works very well for the kids bedroom with another patio area. We did pay $75 resort fee. There is free basic Internet or you can pay for high speed. Great experience so far!

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
We are in a 2 BR Villa in building IV now. Very spacious. The extra living area works very well for the kids bedroom with another patio area. We did pay $75 resort fee. There is free basic Internet or you can pay for high speed. Great experience so far!

I'm not sure of your children's ages, but if preteen or teen, get them to the Grand Mayan activity center - tons of things to do hourly; my Grandkids absolutely loved it. For younger kiddos, the kid zones really seem nice, but have no experience there.

Mike

VickiS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Just booked plane tickets for our trip to the Grand Luxxe in Nuevo Vallarta for late October. Can't wait despite the slight scare from another thread regarding violence in the area. I read as much as I could and decided to go ahead.

Now to the fun part. Planning!

Some quick questions for people who know the property.
1. Do they offer free shuttle to the property? Any other suggestions on transportation? Do they stop by Walmart/Costco/Super Market prior to getting to resort?

2. Are there any meal plans available at this resort?

4. Do they offer cribs for toddlers? or just pack and plays?

We will have a pretty large group as I booked two 3 bedroom units for the same time. Anything to watch out for? Anything to be excited for?

Thanks!!!
blackjack:
We also just booked for GL NV in late October (arriving the 18th). Maybe we'll run into each other!

V

Karenann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Luxxe: No problems

We just returned from a week at the Grand Luxxe, and did not experience any problems. No transportation issues: they took us right to our room which was in the Punta - with three bedrooms, 3 full and 1 half baths, a huge deck and living area - it was almost too big. Service was remarkable: almost too attentive. Maid service was twice a day. Food wonderful: Many restaurant selections with wonderful meals. We bought a meal plan which was very reasonable and provided all our meals for about $250/pp for the week. I thought the poolside cocktails were good and - at 99 pesos for two drinks during happy hours - were a bargain. However, because you have children, I would recommend the Mayan over the Luxxe as it has more amenities for them: a lazy river, a wave pool, a beach pool. The Grand Luxxe seemed more geared to a quieter, luxury vacation, then you might want when traveling with children. I think it would be hard to not really enjoyer trip!