• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya Info wanted please!

Jedi2

Reaction score
Grande Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta

Going there April 24th. Do you know best way to get from airport? Does the hotel have free transfers? Also, what plan do you use for your smartphone with AT&T? I've heard they're very expensive to use if you're using your data and text frequently.

I've heard Cirque de Soleil is a don't miss. 2300 pesos is about $154.00. Anything else a must see there? Plan on doing some golfing, but not an owner so not sure how that works. Are there quite a few courses in the area?

Traded my Marriott CV for a 2BR suite there, and it looks sick. Are they as plush as they look on the site?

Thinking about taking one of the tours. Has anyone else sat through one?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Jedi2 - generally you get transportation to the resort from the airport. Check your reservation. It seems that with exchanges now, you have to pay $75 (not per person). That includes one-way transportation and WIFI and use of the gym. Of course Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe already have free WIFI.

We have AT&T but I do not use my cell unless I absolutely have to. The data is extremely costly and you can buy like 80 minutes for $35-$40 before you go. There is a text package that you can purchase - check the ATT website. Otherwise, the cost is close to 40 cents per text. A text conversation can add up quickly. We can use our phone in an emergency, but then it is $1 per minute plus roaming. I have had to do that once because of issues with my mother. You can use your phone in WIFI mode and use Skype for phone calls. There is an App and it works well. You can also check email on your phone or tablet using WIFI. You can get a WIFI connection in many lobbies - Grand Bliss & Grand Luxxe ones for sure if you want to have a WIFI connection somewhere other than you unit.

I always take my computer with me on vacation so I can stay connected with home & family. It works for me - I tend to use email a lot anyway. Just remember - you are on VACATION!! :)

Cirque is at the Riviera Maya location. Nuevo Vallarta does not have it.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
An update on our Grand Luxxe trip. I complained a number of times at the Grand Luxxe pool that people were putting their infants and toddlers into the GL pool and the whirlpools there without swim diapers and often they were naked. The concierge just shrugged her shoulders. My husband used the whirlpool because his shoulder was bothering him. We left the GL on Friday, and moved to Cancun. On Sunday my husband was diagnosed with ecoli. 104 temp, dehydrated etc. The doctor said that the timing from our time at the GL was correct and he undoubtedly contracted it in the pool. I am going to contact the management to complain.
I'm glad I have timeshare travel insurance as the doctors bill was $680.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
An update on our Grand Luxxe trip. I complained a number of times at the Grand Luxxe pool that people were putting their infants and toddlers into the GL pool and the whirlpools there without swim diapers and often they were naked. The concierge just shrugged her shoulders. My husband used the whirlpool because his shoulder was bothering him. We left the GL on Friday, and moved to Cancun. On Sunday my husband was diagnosed with ecoli. 104 temp, dehydrated etc. The doctor said that the timing from our time at the GL was correct and he undoubtedly contracted it in the pool. I am going to contact the management to complain.
I'm glad I have timeshare travel insurance as the doctors bill was $680.

Looks like the Vida "service quality" is slipping all around. I was really disappointed with the NV location.

Were the hot tubs/whirlpools actually hot this time? 2 years ago we went and the whirlpools were lukewarm at best.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Vida "service quality" is slipping all around. I was really disappointed with the NV location.

Were the hot tubs/whirlpools actually hot this time? 2 years ago we went and the whirlpools were lukewarm at best.

They were lukewarm but they were being used by families as kids pools. As I said there were some nude children in them.

Does anyone who owns at the GL have an email address for someone other than the concierge who I can contact about my husband's illness?

robscriven

Reaction score
Grand Bliss Neuvo Vallarta - how far to Public Transport

We have exchanged into Grand Bliss in NV in July. I have read a lot about being trapped in the complex. We like to get out and about eg PV to eat sometimes.

What is the closest the public buses come to the site and har far would it be to walk from the Grand Bliss?

I have also read that the taxis all go from a central point, where is that? How much is the taxi to PV currently?

Rob

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
It's finally here! We are heading to Grand Luxxe RM next week. So excited for this vacation. I am starting to think about packing and some logistics and have a few questions. Hoping some of you who have been there recently can help answer them.

What types of coffee makers are in Kitchen? I want to bring some supplies:)
Is there a toaster? Frying pan? Anything important missing?

We are going to stop at the market on the way to check-in and arrive at the resort around 3. Check-in isn't until 5. Will they store our perishables in a refrigerator until we get assigned a room?

I saw that Spatium (their new spa) is open, but haven't heard if the Spatium fitness center building is open too. Anyone know?

I am going to book a car service for our trip back to the airport at the end of our stay. Is there any reason NOT to do that? I recall reading somewhere about management not being cooperative with outside car services.

Thanks so much!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
It's finally here! We are heading to Grand Luxxe RM next week. So excited for this vacation. I am starting to think about packing and some logistics and have a few questions. Hoping some of you who have been there recently can help answer them.

What types of coffee makers are in Kitchen? I want to bring some supplies:)
Is there a toaster? Frying pan? Anything important missing?

We are going to stop at the market on the way to check-in and arrive at the resort around 3. Check-in isn't until 5. Will they store our perishables in a refrigerator until we get assigned a room?

Thanks so much!

I have not been to Riviera Maya Grand Luxxe, but have been to the GL in NV. All the units are basically the same.

They have regular drip coffeemakers. I cannot remember if they needed cones or the round filters. I always take some of each when we travel just to be covered for that. (We often stay at 2 or 3 different resorts when on vacation.) There is also another coffeemaker that has special coffees (not Kuerig pods). You have to pay for those coffees. There will be creamer, sugar, and sweetener packets with that. Also, near the Concierge desk, there will be coffee carafes in the morning and there will be sugar, sweetener, and creamer packets there too.

There will be a frying pan, a 4 Qt. big pot and a couple of smaller pans. There is a large and medium SS bowl for salad or fruit to keep on the counter. The dishes and silverware are nice. You will have utensils for cooking, a toaster, and a blender (They are in the pantry, not on the counter-top when you arrive. There is a 4 burner cook-top, nice refrigerator, microwave and storage space in the pantry area, but no oven or dishwasher in the kitchen.

They do have a place for cold storage, but my guess is that if you get there after 3:00, you might just get assigned to a room. In the past 16 years, we have only had to wait for a room 1 time. At that time, we had two 2-bedroom units reserved in Nuevo and had requested that they were in the same building on the same floor. One was ready when we arrived, so we all just went to it until the other one was ready. When we have stayed at the MP and then moved to the GM at RM, they just let us stay in our MP unit until the GM one was ready.

You should have a wonderful time. I do not know about the gym as we never use them. The one by the beach seems to be nice. I do know the whirlpool and massage areas are great there. I am sure the GL one will be nicer.

Asl18940

Reaction score
If you're at the GL, the gym is in building 2. I know they may now have one at Spatium, but it's probably a bit of a walk. For coffee, there are specialty pods that people bring. However, I'll just say that getting cafe american at brio or other spots at the resort is infinitely better than what you can brew in the room. The cooking supplies are a bit sparse. Remember that there is no oven, so everything's sautee. The RM GL does not have a meal plan like NV (which is a good deal IF you have really, really big eaters). But I recall that there is a really good onsite deli that made reasonably priced breakfast sandwiches. Just know that at this resort, it is sprawling in the extreme.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new gym is not in Bldg 2 in the RM, that is in Nuevo. Ill be anxious to hear about the new gym as I will be back in November.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not been to Riviera Maya Grand Luxxe, but have been to the GL in NV. All the units are basically the same.

They have regular drip coffeemakers. I cannot remember if they needed cones or the round filters. I always take some of each when we travel just to be covered for that. (We often stay at 2 or 3 different resorts when on vacation.) There is also another coffeemaker that has special coffees (not Kuerig pods). You have to pay for those coffees. There will be creamer, sugar, and sweetener packets with that. Also, near the Concierge desk, there will be coffee carafes in the morning and there will be sugar, sweetener, and creamer packets there too.

There will be a frying pan, a 4 Qt. big pot and a couple of smaller pans. There is a large and medium SS bowl for salad or fruit to keep on the counter. The dishes and silverware are nice. You will have utensils for cooking, a toaster, and a blender (They are in the pantry, not on the counter-top when you arrive. There is a 4 burner cook-top, nice refrigerator, microwave and storage space in the pantry area, but no oven or dishwasher in the kitchen.

They do have a place for cold storage, but my guess is that if you get there after 3:00, you might just get assigned to a room. In the past 16 years, we have only had to wait for a room 1 time. At that time, we had two 2-bedroom units reserved in Nuevo and had requested that they were in the same building on the same floor. One was ready when we arrived, so we all just went to it until the other one was ready. When we have stayed at the MP and then moved to the GM at RM, they just let us stay in our MP unit until the GM one was ready.

You should have a wonderful time. I do not know about the gym as we never use them. The one by the beach seems to be nice. I do know the whirlpool and massage areas are great there. I am sure the GL one will be nicer.

Well sort of. The studio units in RM do not have decks you can access, but they do have "kitchenette". Whereas the NV locations have decks, but no kitchenette.

The coffee makers are actually 2.

You have a "regular" one and a pod one I believe. We just got the "free" coffee in the hallway in NV/RM.

In RM there's only the one hottub (well I believe one for men, 1 for women) in the spa. In the GL RM pool there's 2 "hot" tubs (the water wasn't heated at all, so not sure why it was even a hot tub). Water in the main pool was warmer than the "hot tubs" in the GL Pool area. I don't recall there being a hot tub in the NV location in the GL Pool area, though.

But you should have a nice tub in your room with smaller jets that's quite nice, IMO.

We're going to GL RM again in January and looking forward to it. Last time was 3 years ago and we thought it was MUCH better than the NV location (went last year). But then again, a lot can change in 3 years.

--Kevin

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Forgot to ask about the water? Is it purified? Anyone drink it without getting sick?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgot to ask about the water? Is it purified? Anyone drink it without getting sick?

Yes, the water is filtered/etc. Although ironically when I emailed the Grand luxxe to ask for DISTILLED water (for my father's c-pap device) they replied that the water in the rooms was not potable (drinkable).

They probably didn't understand what distilled water meant.

We always buy the bottled water anyway. Mom's on maintenance chemo so better safe than sorry I always say.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I read there are 15 pools, but are there any water slides or a lazy river at Grand Luxxe/Bliss/Mayan Riviera Maya?

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I read there are 15 pools, but are there any water slides or a lazy river at Grand Luxxe/Bliss/Mayan Riviera Maya?
No and no. They started working on a lazy river years ago but then stopped with no intent to ever finish it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico
II Confirmation says "3S" Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was hoping the friendly TUGGERS here could also help me interpret my II confirmation.

I am booked at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta for a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom, sleeps 8 private, 10 max, with unit "3S" on the II confirmation.

Does the 3S mean we will be in the Spa tower?

I am trying to figure out if we will have a dedicated 3 bedroom as I have seen in the spa tower layouts or a 1 bedroom adjoining a 2 bedroom as is shown on the accomodations page for GL. I've heard that each building is slightly different... are we more likely to get a dedicated 3 bedroom or a 1 & 2 bed lockoff? We are traveling with friends and would prefer the extra space of the lockoff though the units do seem to be very spacious across the board.

Also, I just noticed in the new II deposit, they have LK and K (limited kitchen and full Kitchen) options for booking. Is the difference between LK and K whether or not you get an oven in your unit? With a 3 bedroom unit are we likely to have an oven? I booked our exchange in November and can't remember whether it said LK or K at time of booking... I didn't notice the different options until yesterday for the new II deposit.

Finally, not a question, but a comment. Direct airfare from Houston has been running 1080 per person. This morning at 3 am I saw that it had dropped to $560 per person. I waited until a reasonable hour to discuss flight times with my husband and then tried to book 2 tickets. As I was in the process of checking out, the system froze, then said "tickets no longer available". When I refreshed, the tickets went back to 1080 again! so bummed. At least I have until June to find airfare, but I'm very disappointed.

Any tips for a first time to Nuevo Vallarta?

Thanks!
Southwest flys to PV we fly out Sacramento CA. We use the Southwest credit card so we used points and fees were $138 for the 2 of us. There new card sign was 50000 free points. At $99 sign up fee but still cheaper than cash.