• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lighthouse Point Villas Ocean City Maryland

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score

Lighthouse Point Villas Time Share Owners Association Inc

Lighthouse Point Villas Timeshare are located in Ocean City Md
near the Fenwick Lighthouse and Maryland Delaware State line.

We have driven pass but have never had been inside a unit.

Features
2 bed, 2 bath units with hot tub in each unit
Full kitchen with washer and dryer
Outdoor pool and full health club privileges
Air conditioning
Barbeque Grill - 2 Bikes
Large Jacuzzi in Court Yard

Q: How much are the 2014 maintenace fees at Lighthouse Point Villas?

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
has anyone stayed here recently?
the only review on TUG is from 2004. The online reviews show unclean rooms.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
has anyone stayed here recently?
the only review on TUG is from 2004. The online reviews show unclean rooms.
I have a reservation here in late July. It is one of the few rci timeshares that I haven't stayed in Ocean City.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have never been to Ocean City. I have an ongoing search hold for here.
We would need to be able to work for a couple of days during the week.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score

You have an ongoing search for this resort specifically? Or for all of Ocean City? When do you want to go?

Ocean City is a tough exchange in July and August, but not impossible.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You have never been to a timeshare in Ocean city or never been to ocean city at all?

Imagine the dumpiest timeshare with no onsite amenities, you have ever stayed in and that is probably about the average timeshare in Ocean city. If you happen to get one that is better than that average it is a bonus and if you happen to get one that is worse just hope it isn't so bad you can't deal. Depending on the dumps you have stayed in, it probably isn't that bad. If you ever stayed in a motel in Atlantic City in the 90's or 2000's, the average OC is probably better than that.

That being said, I am happy to get a summer timeshare stay in OC and also do a short stay in a hotel 2-3 times during other seasons.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have never been to a timeshare in Ocean city or never been to ocean city at all?

Imagine the dumpiest timeshare with no onsite amenities, you have ever stayed in and that is probably about the average timeshare in Ocean city. If you happen to get one that is better than that average it is a bonus and if you happen to get one that is worse just hope it isn't so bad you can't deal. Depending on the dumps you have stayed in, it probably isn't that bad. If you ever stayed in a motel in Atlantic City in the 90's or 2000's, the average OC is probably better than that.

That being said, I am happy to get a summer timeshare stay in OC and also do a short stay in a hotel 2-3 times during other seasons.

10/10 can confirm! :D

And yet we just bought a timeshare in Ocean City!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
10/10 can confirm! :D

And yet we just bought a timeshare in Ocean City!
Which one did you buy?

On top of all that the ocean is colder than most people find comfortable sometimes the entire summer but certainly before late July to early September If you want to rent a nice place with an ocean view or ocean front either as a hotel or a condo, you will pay more for a late July week in ocean city, MD than you would for a comparable unit with the same view in Maui that has more amenities and a bigger pool.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You have an ongoing search for this resort specifically? Or for all of Ocean City? When do you want to go?

Ocean City is a tough exchange in July and August, but not impossible.
I have an ongoing search for all of Ocean City. We need to go June-Aug, like everyone else. :cool:

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

First time to Ocean City, we are fairly new to the area. I have been warned that it is different from the Gulf Coast beaches.
I can deal with old but not dirty/nasty.
Also need strong enough internet for 2 people to work.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Lighthouse Point Villas over July 4th in 2020. Too good of an exchange to pass up (available due to Covid no doubt). We stayed a few nights and gave the rest of the week to a friend. No problems at all. The unit was dated but clean and the pool was nice. The private hot tub was definitely a plus. Nice proximity to the ocean. Check in was down a few streets and began around 5 PM. There were several people in line ahead of me but things moved quickly. I wouldn’t hesitate a bit to stay there again.

Mark

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which one did you buy?

On top of all that the ocean is colder than most people find comfortable sometimes the entire summer but certainly before late July to early September If you want to rent a nice place with an ocean view or ocean front either as a hotel or a condo, you will pay more for a late July week in ocean city, MD than you would for a comparable unit with the same view in Maui that has more amenities and a bigger pool.

A July week at Club Ocean Villas II. It's our favorite. The private hot tubs, the pools, you can walk to the beach...we had been watching for a resale for years and finally realized it was time to just buy. This year we're trying to rent it out, but after that, we'll probably use it every year.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed in Ocean City, Maryland many times but never in a timeshare resort. The city and their broad walk are very nice. Please explain why their timeshare resorts are not rated that high ?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Please tell us, you are just pulling our legs with your above post.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed in three different timeshares in Ocean City. All very modest when you compare to the luxurious resorts in Florida or Williamsburg. The location is the attraction.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have stayed in Ocean City, Maryland many times but never in a timeshare resort. The city and their broad walk are very nice. Please explain why their timeshare resorts are not rated that high ?
OC timeshares usually have a very high default rate for the winter owners because you can get it through rci for less than the MF's or stay in nicer hotels for the same or less. They have a much longer cycle between refurbishments and are used very heavily during the summer months.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
And it is not that much further South to Virginia Beach where timeshares are at a minimum marginally better, much easier to book, and it is a bit easier to make a go of timesharing because the population base is enough in winter for them to have more usage.

I also wholeheartedly agree with @tschwa2’s comment on water temperature. I will use RCI points for stays at Virginia Beach and (less frequently) at OC for a long weekend trip.

If I have a valuable week off of work in beach season, we will be going to the OBX, Myrtle Beach, or HHI.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And it is not that much further South to Virginia Beach where timeshares are at a minimum marginally better, much easier to book, and it is a bit easier to make a go of timesharing because the population base is enough in winter for them to have more usage.

I also wholeheartedly agree with @tschwa2’s comment on water temperature. I will use RCI points for stays at Virginia Beach and (less frequently) at OC for a long weekend trip.

If I have a valuable week off of work in beach season, we will be going to the OBX, Myrtle Beach, or HHI.
Virginia beach is harder to get 2 BR than OC in my experience. I like them both but I can't get good crabs in Va Beach. My husband works at BWI and I can pick him up and be in OC in 2hrs 45 min. It 's rare to be able to get to Va Beach in 4 hrs or less (unless I leave after 9:30pm) and it isn't that unusual to hit traffic thatI makes it take 5-5.5 hrs. I do have 13 nights at Ocean Key in a 2BR but I always end up in the one with no balcony and only a window in the master bedroom. The "kitchen" there is also too small to cook and even too small to sit at the table and eat left overs if you have more than 3.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
We live in northern NJ and don't love driving. Ocean City is less than four hours for us. We're going to be visiting Virginia Beach for the first time next year--it's more than six hours away.

Also, Ocean City has excellent restaurants! :D