• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the address to cancel @ Villa Del Arco Cabo

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
TUG Article about rescinding, with a sample letter:

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/cancel_timeshare_purchase.html

Don't give a reason - just firmly say your ARE exercising your legal right to rescind.

Don't call them - telephone calls have no legal bearing on rescinding and they are just going to lie to you/pressure you, some more.

Freaked out

Reaction score
One more question about contract cancelation within five days

Do you need to contact the VLO (loan officer) to cancel the contract? Someone mentioned that you should but I am not sure who that might be as there was more than one person helping us.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The addy is required to be on the contract, but they don't have to make it easy to find. beach.bar.bob posted it upthread a few posts. I don't think you will have difficulty getting back your deposit, but it will not be instanteous. Maybe the allowed 45 days. cc'ing Profeco is a good idea too.

Many people have gotten their deposits back, and I'm pretty confident you will too as long as your postmark is in the allowable time.

you don't have to give a reason, but I like the 'pursuant to my legal right'...one as much as any. It will keep them from saying 'that reason is not good enough'.

Best Wishes, Welcome to TUG. We are glad you found us in time.

Jim

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you need to contact the VLO (loan officer) to cancel the contract? Someone mentioned that you should but I am not sure who that might be as there was more than one person helping us.

No!!! All they will do is make you 'special deals' and try to delay you or talk you out of rescission. In facd when they call you - and they will, don't answer.

Freaked out

Reaction score
Sorted it out - successful cancelation of our Villa Group contract! :)

Thank you all for the information and advice! I am so glad that I found this website and forum in time and was able to cancel :)

What I ended up doing...
I contacted Profeco for advice and I also contacted the management group in the US (ResortCom International - aka: Universal Vacation Club) to inform them of our intention to cancel and to inform them to stop payment. I also canceled my credit card (just in case they tried to continue taking payment). I sent cancelation letters via email to memberservices, Profeco and cc'd the agent who sold to us. In the email I attached the cancelation letter (which we sent hard copies of via FedEx and Purolator and facsimile to both the addresses listed on the contract as Profeco recommended that we send hard copies in the mail to all addresses listed on the contract). Additionally, I also sent a hard copy of the cancelation letter to the San Diego office as I wanted to make sure that all bases were covered.

What happened...
The agent who sold to us called and left a message telling us that we were not eligible for the five day cancelation period because the first owner had the five day period (apparently ours was a "foreclosure" unit). He went on to claim that because we signed the "liquidated damages" clause that we were also not eligible for our deposit. I emailed him and questioned him about these claims, asking for clarification in email. He then proceeded to become rude in emails, stating "no more emails, phone calls only" and that you "knew what you were told at the office" and that he was "losing patience" and that we "owned it".
Regardless to say, I did not want to engage in conversation with him any further and I ended up calling the resort and tracking down the Senior Verification Loan Officer through another agent. I emailed the Senior VLO, explaining that we were exercising our legal right to cancel the contract and attached the cancelation letter that we had sent and faxed. I also told him what the selling agent stated. I quoted our rights according to the Federal Consumer Protection Law (articles 56 & 1) noting that we followed the cancelation procedure in our contract (clause 16) and that we had receipt of delivery. He emailed back the next morning, apologized for any inconvenience and said that our contract would be canceled and our deposit refunded. Relief!!! No longer feeling Freaked out :)
I received email confirmation from ResortCom International and the developer that the cancelation was in progress. We were informed that the deposit would take around 20-25 days to show up on our credit card (I will follow up with another post when we get this).
After that, we received two more emails from the agent, with a much nicer tone, offering us other options. Needless to say, I did not respond to his attempts and we thankfully have not heard from him now for a few days.

My advice...
If you are trying to cancel with the Villa Group in the 5 day cancelation period, do not deal with the selling agent once you plan to cancel. They will tell you lies to think that you cannot get out of the contract, when in fact, it is your legal right. They will also offer you other "more affordable options" and try to sell you on something else that you don't really want... remember, they are good at what they do... they convinced you to buy in the first place. Reflecting back on the presentation and conversation with the agent, I can now see every single sales tactic he used clear as day. As they say "hindsight is 20/20".
Follow the cancel procedure outlined in the contract. In addition to this, notify all parties in as many forms as possible. Try to track down the Senior Verification Loan Officer and deal with them as they are the representative for the Villa Group and you will have much more success (and much less stress!)
I hope this information helps anyone who might end up in the same situation we were in. Good luck!

Thanks again to everyone who has posted here - your info and advice helped us and are greatly appreciated!!! :)

mmjjyoung

Reaction score
I'm panicking on day 2 so please bear with me. Is the good address "The Villa Group" or "Constructora los Arcos del Cabo"??

I'm still at Villa Del Palmar and I'm planning on dropping off a cancellation notice today, March 26, 2014. Any recommendations on how I can get a receipt without having to mail it in again on Friday?? I'm afraid to ask them anything in the office since they'll probably lie to me again and give me a false address!
Thanks
Mark

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I'm panicking on day 2 so please bear with me. Is the good address "The Villa Group" or "Constructora los Arcos del Cabo"??

I'm still at Villa Del Palmar and I'm planning on dropping off a cancellation notice today, March 26, 2014. Any recommendations on how I can get a receipt without having to mail it in again on Friday?? I'm afraid to ask them anything in the office since they'll probably lie to me again and give me a false address!
Thanks
Mark
Scroll back up to post #34 in this thread and click on the link to the UVC website, which has a couple of addresses in the U.S. The critical thing you need is proof that you mailed your rescission within the five-day rescission period. A receipt from the post office will accomplish that.

If you personally take your cancellation letter in, have some kind of receipt prepared that you can ask someone at the desk to sign showing that you gave it to them on this date. Just be adamant that you are exercising your legal right under Mexican consumer law to rescind and don't engage in any other conversations. Let us know how it goes.

saywhat

Reaction score
Relax, no need to panic. Call your credit card and dispute/cancel the charge. Email a cancellation letter to Arcos and copy Profeco, go to the local post office and send it registered.
You really don't even need to talk to them anymore. Once the CC company see's you followed the intructions they'll cancel the charge. Once Arcos knows you've done that it will take the fight right out of them since they know how the CC company will fall.

T2man

Reaction score
Scroll back up to post #34 in this thread and click on the link to the UVC website, which has a couple of addresses in the U.S. The critical thing you need is proof that you mailed your rescission within the five-day rescission period. A receipt from the post office will accomplish that.

If you personally take your cancellation letter in, have some kind of receipt prepared that you can ask someone at the desk to sign showing that you gave it to them on this date. Just be adamant that you are exercising your legal right under Mexican consumer law to rescind and don't engage in any other conversations. Let us know how it goes.

I recommend that if you'll arrive home before the end of the five day grace period, you just wait until then to send in the letter. If you don't want to wait, theirs a Fed Ex office in downtown Cabo where you can overnight the letter to them and you'll get the receipt. I went to the Profeco office in the Golden Building and they were very helpful in advising me of what to do. Their office is about 1/4 mile from the Fed Ex office.

Going back to the timeshare office will only add stress and will ruin the rest of your vacation!! They'll tell you that you need to pay the full deposit due to cancel the rest of the contract. In my case, it was almost $8000 and then they'll threaten you with legal action if you don't.

My final thought: I'LL NEVER GO TO ANOTHER TIMESHARE PRESENTATION NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF INCENTIVES THEY OFFER!!

T2man

Reaction score
I recommend that if you'll arrive home before the end of the five day grace period, you just wait until then to send in the letter. If you don't want to wait, theirs a Fed Ex office in downtown Cabo where you can overnight the letter to them and you'll get the receipt. I went to the Profeco office in the Golden Building and they were very helpful in advising me of what to do. Their office is about 1/4 mile from the Fed Ex office.

Going back to the timeshare office will only add stress and will ruin the rest of your vacation!! They'll tell you that you need to pay the full deposit due to cancel the rest of the contract. In my case, it was almost $8000 and then they'll threaten you with legal action if you don't.

My final thought: I'LL NEVER GO TO ANOTHER TIMESHARE PRESENTATION NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF INCENTIVES THEY OFFER!!

I just went though the cancellation process the in March 2014. We were impulsive and got caught up in their hype. That night, I did some online research after signing a contract. I notified my sales agent of my intent to cancel the day after we signed. She brought in her supervisor to our meeting and then she said the only way they could "help" us out to cancel was for us to pay off the entire security deposit of almost $8000. My jaw dropped and I asked them about the five day cancellation policy. They said it only applied to the rest of the contract but didn't apply to the deposit--TOTAL BS!! I then told them I'd talk to my wife and reconsider our options.

That night, I visited this web board and saw the threads where people were successful in getting their security deposit back. I drafted a cancellation notice and the next day I went to drop it off. They asked me to return later in the day with my wife, contract, ID's and credit card for a meeting with one of the supervisors. I had a feeling they were going to try to get me to sign a new contract so I didn't bring any of the requested items except for the cancellation notice. At the meeting, he was very belligerent and threatened legal action if I didn't pay the rest of the deposit. He said, I signed a waiver to the five day cancellation period for the deposit and that Mexican law required that I forfeit the deposit-TOTAL BS!! I told him I spoke to the PROFECO office in Cabo and they advised that Mexican law say's that I'm entitled to a full refund if I cancel within the five days. He said Profeco wasn't a legitimate organization and that the only way he could "help" me was to pay the rest of the deposit and to sign a new contract forfeiting the deposit.-TOTAL BS!!! I gave him our cancellation letter and left his office. I also sent a letter from the Fed Ex location in Cabo.

I tried to not have this situation ruin the rest of our vacation but it was very stressful. We returned home on day three of the five day grace period and I then emailed and faxed the same letter to memberservices@resortcom.com. I also sent an additional letter to ResortCom via Fed Ex.

It's now day five of my cancellation period and I just noticed that my credit card account no longer reflects the "pending" deposit---YEAH!!!

My only suggestion is to NOT go to the presentation without prior research. Their only goal is their commission and they'll say anything for it. If you decide to cancel, DO NOT go back to the timeshare office, they'll only try to get your security deposit and they will ruin your vacation. Just head down to the Fed Ex office and send in your letter. I followed up with emails, faxes and additional copies via Fed Ex. I don't know which notice got the job done but I felt it was better to just scatter gun the notices and thankfully they stuck.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFORMATION ON THE CANCELLATION PROCESS!!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
My biggest concern, and one I have not heard anyone address, is that I made a CASH deposit of $6278.00. Yes, I am humiliated and an idiot but yes, I did make a wire transfer into their bank account, which was provided to me by the agent. Has anyone had any experience with this? And how do I request that they refund me? Cashiers check? Money order? Am I screwed?
I don't recall anyone else reporting that they had made a cash down payment. Perhaps you could ask for a wire transfer of the cash back to the account from whence it came?

missantonia

Reaction score
I don't recall anyone else reporting that they had made a cash down payment. Perhaps you could ask for a wire transfer of the cash back to the account from whence it came?

Karen G- My sales agent contacted me by email saying that she was made aware of my cancellation letter, and that her sales manager was just about to turn my account over to collections when she "stepped in" on my behalf. She said it was 6 days not 5, but that in any event she couldn't reimburse my refund without a credit card number. I told her that it WAS within 5 days, in fact in was 4, and I rattled off that NOM-029-SCFI-2010, section 5.5.14 clause and that weekends are not business days. I also said that I was not comfortable with giving her my credit card info at this point, and since I wired the deposit to the bank, they could simply wire it back.
I am waiting for her reply. If they really do intend to give me my deposit back, I dont want to be so rigid that they change their minds, but Id be an idiot to hand that info over, right?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they are willing to credit to a card, I say Go For It. You might ask your bank if you can just give them a onetime debit card number, then cancel it as soon as the credit is received.

I don't understand your reluctance to use a credit card. The transactions are insured, and the user is liable for only $50 max for fraud. Whereas with wire transfer or debit, you are liable for the whole thing if it goes awry.

Jim

missantonia

Reaction score
If they are willing to credit to a card, I say Go For It. You might ask your bank if you can just give them a onetime debit card number, then cancel it as soon as the credit is received.

I don't understand your reluctance to use a credit card. The transactions are insured, and the user is liable for only $50 max for fraud. Whereas with wire transfer or debit, you are liable for the whole thing if it goes awry.

Jim

oh my mistake- I meant debit card, not credit card. I don't actually have a credit card. The agent said credit card though. So a one time use debit card...sounds good. Or just use the one I have and then cancel it. Thanks, I will suggest it thanks.

jd97504

Reaction score

Hi. Cash down payment here. Why is a long story, but yes, we were in Cancun with several thousand dollars cash apparently burning a hole in our pockets.

So. We are doing a printed (hand carried, receipt signature, dated) and emailed (CC'ed to profeco and our bank) rescission letter, with hard copies to follow on everything within the five day window. I'll let you know how the refund is handled (we asked that the cash portion be returned in cash or cashier's check).