• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mayan Palace / Grand Bliss - New Owner (I think)

andrew3mt

Reaction score
I recently bought from the developer at Mayan Palace (booo).

A little background. I have been an Owner of a property in St Martin (RCI) for a few years. I bought that from a family friend for a years back dues, essentially free. It is only a 1BR, but since then have added 3 kids and now needed a 2BR. This was only my second time going on a Timeshare tour. They talked a lot about recent lawsuit, and this was our "notification" of said lawsuit. Pushed how our current timeshare would be a liability all sorts of BS that we fell for in order to upgrade to the 2BR. We are a youing family with 3 kids aged 2, 4, 6.

We resisted the first few assaults and were walking out when an "exit" interview turned into sales pith number 4 or 5. They claimed to be unassociated with the Vida folks inside, and were working directly for the Owner/developer. They insisted I could rent my non used week for over $500 profit each. They even put me on the phone with local broker who confirmed the same. In the end I paid $5000 for 1 week I could book a year in advance with no mandatory fees, if I don't use I don't pay (which I liked) and 3 additional weeks I could book within 90 days. They are floating weeks over their 6 properties in the Mayan Bliss. They called it a vacation club or something like that NOT a Timeshare ownership.

The "contract" I signed there was very minimal only 2 pages I was supposed to get additional information in the mail with in a month but have rcvd NOTHING. I have no information on how to book or exchange for anything anywhere. I have emailed them several times but no reply. WHAT DID I BUY???? HOW DO I BOOK MY NEXT VACATION (not to mention try to exchange this thing)???? :wall:

Any help or additional contact information or other comments would be MUCH appreciated.

Andrew

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
You bought into the "exit" package that is a "trial". You will not be able to rent weeks for $500 over your MF. The Mayan Palace is nice and the Bliss is a Mayan Palace unit with different furniture. You do not have a Grand Bliss - it is 2 levels above the Bliss.

Our neighbor bought this in Puerto Penasco a couple of years ago and has only been able to get a reservation and go 1 time because it is limited to certain dates at the MP.

Since it has been a month, you may not have any recourse, but I would check with the Customer Service. grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com is their email address. You can search for TUG user Karen Rose under the Community tab at the top of this page - Users List and send her a message.

Read everything again and if see if there is a phone number to call. Good Luck.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently bought from the developer at Mayan Palace (booo).

A little background. I have been an Owner of a property in St Martin (RCI) for a few years. I bought that from a family friend for a years back dues, essentially free. It is only a 1BR, but since then have added 3 kids and now needed a 2BR. This was only my second time going on a Timeshare tour. They talked a lot about recent lawsuit, and this was our "notification" of said lawsuit. Pushed how our current timeshare would be a liability all sorts of BS that we fell for in order to upgrade to the 2BR. We are a youing family with 3 kids aged 2, 4, 6.

RCI lawsuits are ancient history and yes members did get raped, but only game in town for most Wyndham owners.

We resisted the first few assaults and were walking out when an "exit" interview turned into sales pith number 4 or 5. They claimed to be unassociated with the Vida folks inside, and were working directly for the Owner/developer. They insisted I could rent my non used week for over $500 profit each.

Most Mexico TSs involve rental scam! Most TSs have Developer guy that wants to make sure you were treated right and then who whips out sampler package as he is your new BFF!

They even put me on the phone with local broker who confirmed the same.

Voices on phone that you do not call are generally scammers.

In the end I paid $5000 for 1 week I could book a year in advance with no mandatory fees, if I don't use I don't pay (which I liked) and 3 additional weeks I could book within 90 days. They are floating weeks over their 6 properties in the Mayan Bliss. They called it a vacation club or something like that NOT a Timeshare ownership.

Vacation clubs suck for most part. No way can they deliver!

The "contract" I signed there was very minimal only 2 pages I was supposed to get additional information in the mail with in a month but have rcvd NOTHING. I have no information on how to book or exchange for anything anywhere. I have emailed them several times but no reply. WHAT DID I BUY???? HOW DO I BOOK MY NEXT VACATION (not to mention try to exchange this thing)???? :wall:

Any help or additional contact information or other comments would be MUCH appreciated.

Contact Profeco

Andrew

Hang in there, but proceed with caution and expert the worst!

Last edited by a moderator:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

andrew3mt

Reaction score
Update on earlier Post

Update from my side ... After having received package and contacting the administration everything was taken care of and there will be no need to contact Profeco anymore.

Andrew