• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free- 9000 points! Diamond Resorts

coffeykw

Reaction score
Posting this on behalf of my father. After years of amazing family vacations my parents no longer use timeshares & they are happy to pass this along to another family. (My wife & I own- Marriott Aruba)

So here is the deal:

Diamond Resort
Annual $1575/yr for maintenance- 9000 points. Currently have @ 15000 points. Dues paid for 2013.
No closing/transfer fees- it's yours completely free!
https://www.diamondresorts.com/

:banana:

Thank you for your interest.

jmurp62

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Possible interest

My neighbor just came back from a DRI resort and may be interested. Will tryo to let you know more tomorrow if you have no takers. Feel free not to wait if you have a more concrete interest. Thanks
Murf

cassvilleokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Hawaii fixed weeks and Points, Wyndham Points, Marriott, Mass, Holiday Inn (previous Silverleaf) Worldmark, Vista Mirage, Shell Hawaii collection, Star Island, Orange Lake, KBC, Fractional and Full.
which collection is this in

coffeykw

Reaction score
Clarified- 12,000 points available right now.

The resort was turned into condos so these are deeded DRI points available for trade through DRI or Interval.

Thanks for the initial interest folks. The $250 transfer fee will be paid by seller along with any other costs. Go on vacation free this summer!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
What size unit can you get with 9000 points ?

Eileen A.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like from your description it may be a deeded ownership at a particular resort. Do you know if this is true? If so, what is the home resort? If it is not a deeded ownership at one resort it may be part of the US Collection. Different then a deeded ownership. The folks here are trying to determine exactly what you are offering.

Sounds like a great offer but even for free more details are needed.
Diamond has rules for "resale". If it is a deeded week at a particular resort the points don't transfer, the new owner would be able to use it only at the home resort or trade via II or RCI. Of course they could purchase another 4500 (1/2 point purchase required) directly from Diamond to bring this into the Club. If it is part of the US collection the new owner could use it at the US Collection properties only (I think there are currently approx 20). Or trade via II or RCI. Or buy more points to bring it into the Club.

Thanks!

Last edited:

coffeykw

Reaction score
Thanks Eileen! I am talking to my father today and will post additional information. I apologize everyone, I am not familiar with DRI.

Cheers,

Kevin

coffeykw

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Here is some information from Diamond Resorts:

9000 points per year with The Diamond U.S. Collection. These are not tied to any particular resort.

We can trade points in for Diamond U.S. & International resorts as well as any of the many interval affiliated (like RCI) resorts.

Remember kids these are free points. :hi:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Hello everyone!

9000 points per year with The Diamond U.S. Collection. These are not tied to any particular resort.

We can trade points in for Diamond U.S. & International resorts as well as any of the many interval affiliated (like RCI) resorts.

FYI for anyone interested in buying these points. DRI calls resale points "dirty", and they can only be used for resorts inside the collection. You can make them "clean" by buying some more points from DRI and negotiate adding the "dirty" points to the "clean" ones.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Nothing is free in life

Hello everyone!

FREE is a relative term. You will be free, but not the buyer. Remember, maintenance fees, collection fees and administrative fees need to be paid each year. For 9000 points your maintenance fees would be about $1260. That's not free to me. :D

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
FYI for anyone interested in buying these points. DRI calls resale points "dirty", and they can only be used for resorts inside the collection. You can make them "clean" by buying some more points from DRI and negotiate adding the "dirty" points to the "clean" ones.

Sometimes. That offer seems to come and go depending on the salesman you're talking too.

DRI severly restricts resale trust points. If you're happy with the resorts in that particluar trust, then it can work. DRI doesn't allow resale members to join THE Club and I've read posts where they restrict resale trust points for I.I. exchanges (they won't release the inventory/points for exchange).

I have read that some trust owners have just stopped paying their trust fee's and their "membership" in the trust has been revoked. Some feel that this is one advantage in that it's a very easy way out, better than a deedback program. Since I'm not a trust owner I don't know whether to believe this or not. I know I'd be willing to call and ask DRI, "What happens if I don't pay my trust dues or MF's? Is my trust membership/ownership revoked and all I owe is the past due amount?"

coffeykw

Reaction score
csalter2- sorry I do not wish to misrepresent the offer. Yes, the points, closing and transfer fees are free. The new owner would responsible for the maintenance fees, travel to the destination, drinks at the pool bar, gifts for families and friends and oh don't forget sunscreen! :wave:

With regards to the "dirty points", I don't really know the system well enough to offer prospective buyers any advice. Hopefully, there is someone who will benefit with these additional points. Or some helpful tugger that could help someone navigate the DRI system.

Thanks for the consideration folks.

jrothsch

Reaction score
did the cibola vista one ever sell coffey kw?

Searching for a cheap Cibola Vista if anyone knows of one.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Just to clarify

If the owner has points in the US collection. Upon sale the new owner will only be able to use those points in the US collection. The US collections has approx 30 resorts in the collection currently so you can use them in a lot of the DRI resorts. They will not be able to use the points in all the other DRI / "Club" resorts.