• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presentation Incentives

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the incentive now for just sit through a sales presentation for non-marriott owners? Thanks!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Note: I moved this post from a thread dealing with the DC Points packages available for purchase. I hope TUGgers who have sat through a recent Marriott presentation will have answers for the OP.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I don't think it differs from the incentive offered to non-Marriott owners. Each property has slightly different incentives. There is always an option to get MR points, usually 10,000 or 15,000, although they have been offering 20,000 recently at Oceana Palms. Often an option is to get gift cards or certificates to use at restaurants or retailers. They now also frequently offer some one-time use DC points as an incentive. Where would the OP be sitting through a sales presentation?

piper_chuck

Reaction score
At MOW we received a $25 gift certificate for Ruth's Chris along with a choice of a Kindle, $100 Marriott gift cert, or one other choice that I can't remember (I think it was a $75 gift cert at some local restaurants).

NEGreyhound

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Ocean Pointe in Jan among others was a $125 Marriott credit. As well points were discounted back to original price from June 2010.
At Grande Vista it was 2 rounds of golf (aprox.$115 each) for $30 that caught my attention. Ocean Pointe (Palms) was great but GV not so pleasant.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Best incentive is in Cancun.

$450.

Wow, that is a pretty big incentive? Who was it with? Very high pressure I am sure?

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend is interested in sitting through presentation at grande vista, and would like to find out incentive.