• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking Date Changed

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi folks- I am questioning if this has ever happened to anyone, and as of right now I am not sure if it will be a problem. I have 2 reservations that were booked around August of last year(know that it said August as of about week ago because I had a discussion with my husband with how long this reservation has been booked) at 2 different resorts approaching in May. Today when I went in to the confirmation page I noticed that the original booking date has been changed to April 14 2015, making it seem like a booked it just a few days ago. I have never seen this happening, but am wondering if it will effect the quality of the rooms that I have booked-which are really just 2 bd dlx. but could it put me further down on where in the resort I get assigned a room. And if they are able to do this what else can they change in the system without our consent. And has this happened to anyone else around this time frame - or ever and was the outcome

Vicky

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Search for the original confirmation email from Wyndham. See if the confirmation numbers are the same. Then contact customer care and ask them what happened and why? Confirmation numbers are numerical and if the booking date changed and the confirmation number should have changed. I'd want to know what was going on. Remember, you are an owner so don't take any crap.

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
sorry my bad---sometimes don't know what the right vs left hand are doing. Had did the cancel rebook thing and had completely forgot So owe wyndham an apology for going into this little rant.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Expect to be told to wait for a callback in a few days and then hear from them. If you do hear from them they will a) not know what happened b) nor care and c) not offer compensation if warranted (probably not in this case).

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
sorry my bad---sometimes don't know what the right vs left hand are doing. Had did the cancel rebook thing and had completely forgot So owe wyndham an apology for going into this little rant.

I was going to ask if this was the case, but since it was too early I thought probably not.