• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booked wrong week at Seawatch Plantation

dbigbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice from you guys out there. Looks like I booked the wrong week way back for Seawatch Plantation. I booked 8/29-9/5 but should have booked 8/22-8/29, now there's no availability for 8/22. I put an ongoing search into RCI and plan on checking Wyndham every day to do a cancel rebook. Other than that, what are my chances of finding someone who would swap weeks with me? Where would I post a desire to swap the week? TIA

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If you become a member of Tug, you can request an exchange with another member in the timeshare marketplace on TuG!

dbigbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you become a member of Tug, you can request an exchange with another member in the timeshare marketplace on TuG!

Thanks, I joined and posted the week in the marketplace.

antjmar

Reaction score
Looking for advice from you guys out there. Looks like I booked the wrong week way back for Seawatch Plantation. I booked 8/29-9/5 but should have booked 8/22-8/29, now there's no availability for 8/22. I put an ongoing search into RCI and plan on checking Wyndham every day to do a cancel rebook. Other than that, what are my chances of finding someone who would swap weeks with me? Where would I post a desire to swap the week? TIA

I recommend cancelling your week and booking at another resort. Towers on the Grove currently has availability.
The week you want will probably show up in the future. That week is the least popular week in summer due to school starts ( they start mid mid august in the southern states). If you go to a rental website (another option) you will see most resorts have already reduced their rates for that week.
A 1 bedroom will be easier to find than a 2 bedroom. But if you have a back up you probably will find availability at about 15 days.

If you send me a PM with your email or cell I will keep looking for you and send an e-mail or text if i see anything.
I need a 2 br (currently have a 1br) for 3 nights with a July 8th check in so I look often...

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I recommend cancelling your week and booking at another resort. Towers on the Grove currently has availability.
The week you want will probably show up in the future. That week is the least popular week in summer due to school starts ( they start mid mid august in the southern states). If you go to a rental website (another option) you will see most resorts have already reduced their rates for that week.

I agree. When I first read your posting, I thought this was the best advice but it seemed like you did not want to cancel your reservation. I always have "cold feet" that a week like that would be picked up in time.

You get your points back...reserve the other unit and keep looking....

PS - If you want to be sure that the canceled points are used for the new reservation, you should call rather than doing it online -- it seems that the computer always - no matter what they say -- uses my "regular" weeks , still leaving me with the canceled points.

dbigbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to keep the week as booked, it would just be nicer to be there at the same time as our friends. I've been checking the site every day, I posted it on the TUG marketplace, put an ongoing search into RCI and my if all else fails plan would be to post my week on eBay and get the week I want on VBRO.

dbigbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good news, a 2 bedroom opened up for the correct week we needed and I did a cancel rebook with no problems. :clap:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yeah. Glad it worked out. :banana:

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the thrill when things work out. I was in a similar position going on vacation to San Francisco. Wanted a two bedroom, lucked out with a 2 br pres.