• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smuggler's Notch Benefits Package Cost?

jj155112

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA 317,000 (84k developer, 233k resale)
what is the best mountain for skiing blues at smuggs?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It's $20 And half price with bash badge Or free with season pass.

This is on their web site

Sorry, they must have switched that since I was there 2 years ago. At that time fun zone was one of the one that was pass/benefits package only.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They have only stayed in our unit WITH US and could use the benefits. I have never had them stay without us. My understanding is that if- let's say our son wanted to use it without us- he would get the benefits. I would think it would also apply to his girlfriend and friends. But- there is a big discussion going on right now with other owners and management about he whole benefit thing and renter thing so stay tuned....

In terms of trading, Smuggs has an owners network page where owners can swap or rent from each other- only fixed weeks though- not floaters. It's just the luck of the draw there- nothing guaranteed. I would not buy a week you don't want to use in hopes of trading it for a certain week you do want. As for RCI- the same applies. Nothing is guaranteed. Yes- you have to pay an exchange fee and an annual membership fee. I believe if you own RCI points trading back is only $40. If it's a fixed week, you have to pay the full exchange fee. I stopped using them years ago and now, when I rarely trade, I use the freebie small independents. Or I rent from another owner where I want to go and just use my Smuggs week. For example, I just rented from a Wyndham points owner for XMAS 2015, I had a wish ad on TUG and this Wyndham person answered the ad and said she would book it for me and try for the buildings, size units and dates I wanted. A few years ago I rented a winter week from another Sycamores owner and just used my fall and summer weeks also.

You bought the pass when it was unit specific. As long as an owner is present you get passes up to your allowance. I think the ones they sell now are person specific. So an owner can purchase 1-8 benefits packages with a specific person listed for each package. Only the person listed can use the benefits listed. If someone who is listed isn't there, you can't just substitute another person to use Jane's benefits. The benefits package you have also lets you use the benefits, I believe anytime even day use of benefits. The current packages sold are only good using the specific week they are associated with or an rci exchange but only if made using points or tpu's only from a week with a benefits package for the named individual only. That's how it was explained to me. I don't know if they will chose to be so exact with the benefits and check the ID of the person checking in to make sure they are benefit eligible or if they will check to make sure you are using your specific week. My understanding is that is the rules and the can enforce that way if they so chose.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
You bought the pass when it was unit specific. As long as an owner is present you get passes up to your allowance. I think the ones they sell now are person specific. So an owner can purchase 1-8 benefits packages with a specific person listed for each package. Only the person listed can use the benefits listed. If someone who is listed isn't there, you can't just substitute another person to use Jane's benefits. The benefits package you have also lets you use the benefits, I believe anytime even day use of benefits. The current packages sold are only good using the specific week they are associated with or an rci exchange but only if made using points or tpu's only from a week with a benefits package for the named individual only. That's how it was explained to me. I don't know if they will chose to be so exact with the benefits and check the ID of the person checking in to make sure they are benefit eligible or if they will check to make sure you are using your specific week. My understanding is that is the rules and the can enforce that way if they so chose.

Really? I never heard of this! I will have to consult with the other owners on our FB page since there is a big scuttle going on about the benefit usage with management.

Grimplin

Reaction score
We were there in March of this year. We went to the funzone twice and tubing twice. No one asked for passes at either. I think it is hit an miss, but even in prime season they don't seem to check. Maybe when it is more busy on the weekends as we did those activities throughout the week.

This winter.
Fun zone was $20 Or included in the club smugglers package.
Adults accompanying paying kids are free.

Skating.
Free ish. If you don't have your own skates then skate rental is $5 and includes usage. Without the pass or badge it is $5

Tubing
Says you need a season pass or club package.
Did not try to do this with a bash badge. The 4yo too tired by 5pm when this opened.

Smuggs.com
Click the snowflake on the top right
Click activities and amenities.

persia

Reaction score
If you are Wyndham or Smuggs Owners the Smuggs Pass if free for your stay. You still have to pay for children's camp though.