• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Walk questions

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH and I are going to Ocean Walk in Daytona in mid-May. This will be our first stay at this resort. Just got my letter from Wyndham and learned that only 3 and 4 br units are ocean front/ocean view. We have a 1 br deluxe. For those of you who own there or visit often, what type of location can we expect? Also, I've seen some posts saying that there is a big renovation/repair going on there.... should that affect our stay? Do you have any favorite things to do or places to eat? Thanks for any comments/suggestions.
Melinda

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
ALL 3 bdr and 4 bdr units are oceanfront .... but there are plenty of other 1bdr & 2bdr WHICH MIGHT BE OCEANFRONT. Or Oceanview.

You got the canned answer --- no promises!

You are VIP - call and ask either 1-800 reservation line or the resort. Note you reservation for "ocean front PLEASE".

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I've stayed 3 separate times in a 1 bd deluxe. Two out of the three times the unit was oceanfront. Without called to ask for special favors or room selection. The third time (actually the 1st time we went) we got a parking lot view. I love OW, so far it is my favorite Wyn resort.

I don't have much to suggest in terms of restaurants. The last time I was there (Oct) I wanted to rest and avoid driving. So I mostly ate at the places next door in the Ocean Walk Shoppes. Not top notch but very convenient.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been my experience that one bedroom deluxe is ocean view.
One bedroom and one bedroom suite are not.

The deluxe will have a separate kitchen and living room area and the others have a combined living area. If you log in to your account at myclubwyndham.com you can explore the resorts and open the floor plans and point charts for each. You will find that the required points are a bit more for the deluxe. So, check the chart for your unit and week and verify if you have paid points for the deluxe. If you did, then don't let them downgrade your reservation. If there's availability, at 30 days before check in, you might be able to get a free upgrade of your reservation to a 2 bedroom. When you check your reservations in your account there's a place where it shows if there's an VIP upgrade available for you, but it's only there when reservations is open.

pottsiepa

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just stayed there in March in a 1 bedroom and it was ocean front. As far as renovations, they were working there but we were not disturbed at all by them working. There are restaurants that you can walk to, it just depends on what you are looking for. We were there for 8 nights and loved it.

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there last July in a 1BR Deluxe and had a parking garage/street view. No sign of the ocean. We did love the resort though, so we're going back in May and hoping our 2BR is at least oceanview.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The one you REALLY don't want is the 1 bedroom suite. It has a view of the hallway. (no exterior windows) :eek:

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as places to eat- we will usually walk down Seabreeze to Robbies Pub. IHOP is yummy for breakfast. Over at OW there is Bubba Gumps, Johnny Rockets, Mai Tai's and a wing place. Caribbean Jacks over on the intercoastal is pretty good, a short walk down the beach is Ocean Deck -there is usually live entertainment.

If this is your first trip to Daytona, you might enjoy touring the Speedway. A driver will even take you for a lap. It's pricey but a very unique experience.
You also might like to visit the Ponce de Leon lighthouse.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot Sloppy Joe's also at the Ocean Walk Shoppes (right next door) where I had one of the best sloppy joe's I've ever had.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent most of the winter at Ocean Walk. Some 1 bedroom Deluxe condos are ocean front, but not all. The "renovations" are in the south tower due to a main water pipe breaking on the 13th floor and flooding everything below it. It shouldn't have any impact on your stay. Feel lucky your reservation wasn't cancelled due to the flood.

Some photos of Ocean Walk, along with Myrtle Beach and Panama City Beach are linked to our blog: http://www.MorrisBlog.com

BamaBlue

Reaction score
we have stayed there a couple of times and not sure about the oceanfront rooms but a couple of places we always like to eat are north on A1A a few miles.. Charlie Horse is a locals favorite that we were told about and we always go there... One other was the black sheep and it was really good as well...

it has been a couple of years since we have been there and hopefully the area next to it (Bubba Gumps, movie theater, Wing House etc) is a little more secure. there was a pretty rough crowd there the last time we were there, especially around that little carnival area walking down the boardwalk..

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks!

Thanks for all the responses! We already have plans to tour the Speedway and the light house also sounds interesting. Hopefully our room (which I have confirmed is a 1 br deluxe) will have some sort of interesting view. I always try to have the attitude that we will be out-and-about and not be too worried about the location of the unit, but was a little dismayed when I got the email from Wyndham that indicated only 3 & 4 br units had ocean views. Thanks, TUGgers, for your input that we at least have a chance of a view. I plan to call a little closer to our arrival date (May 11) to ask very nicely for a favorable unit. We will be driving from NC so I know we'll be late checking in and sometimes that proves to be not so good in getting the best location.... oh well. Still looking forward to our trip and some warm Florida weather. Seems like it was a longer, colder winter here this year! Will definitely plan to check out some of the recommended restaurants!

Last edited:

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Walk - ocean front!

Hello again. Just wanted to report back now that we are here at Ocean Walk. We checked in on Monday and are located in a ocean front 1 br deluxe! We actually are in a room that has just been renovated due to the break in the water main and it is very nice -- new carpet, granite in kitchen and bath, and furniture appears new also. We had to request a second chair for our balcony which was brought up promptly. This is our second night and so far, so good. The beach here is beautiful!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Try Aunt Catfish. They have early bird specials. Get a drink and go out on the dock.