• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Starwood Exchanges - Anyone getting them

AbelowDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these becoming more and more rare? Last year, I had a trade request for Westin Ka'anapali. 9 month request and didn't get a thing. So far I have requests in for Maui and Kauai, These were input back in July. Do I have any hope of ever getting the Hawaii Westins again?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It's anyone's guess what Starwood will deposit. I am hoping for a week or two myself for 2016 for Princeville. We couldn't go this year and I am going through withdrawal. But I do have a backup plan for Kauai. I just love Princeville and the Westin. Wyndham Shearwater is my number 1 favorite, but I have many more weeks in II than I can use this next few years.

They had a banking of weeks, but I was late to the game and got our son two April weeks with a one-day gap, so he has to get a hotel for his entire group that one night. But it's the Westin, so he doesn't care. He has never been there but we have and showed him pictures.

Don't request summer, spring break, Christmas or any other holiday, because those don't seem to match.

Last edited:

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Sheraton, Westin
I put an ongoing request back in September 2014 for a specific time frame for November 2015 for WKORV, and received the exchange on Christmas day. I had an ongoing request using a 2BR SVV Bella for a 2BR WKORV.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sept - Dec. 12, is the low season, and the most likely time to get an exchange.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Denise I deposited a 1 bed SDO s few weeks ago and got a Sept WKORVN within s few days of the request

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
i used a 1 bedroom SBP to exchange into a 1 bedroom WKORN, June 2015.

Last edited:

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got an I.I. confirmatiion yesterday. 1 bedroom Princeville for SDO B, for April 18-25 which is our Spring Break. So pretty happy with that!

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've spotted a few WKORV and WKROVN units (mostly studios) in very early morning searches. I started booking them to see if they were "ghosts" and they were real - probably in that short window between deposit and match. They didn't last long, so I think at least some people are getting their ongoing searches fulfilled.

But, it's NOTHING like it was a few years ago!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
It sounds like whatever availability there is is for studios and 1 bdrms. If you are requesting a 2 bdrm, you may have to modify it and go for 2 1 bdrms instead.

Good luck!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Not that I use II, but bulk deposits seems to have disappeared for WKORV/N and WPORV.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Not that I use II, but bulk deposits seems to have disappeared for WKORV/N and WPORV.

I guess I'm happy that II is not offering me any offers to join as it no longer seems to be a good value