• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prestige Estate Services

eatthatfrog9

Reaction score
I believe my parents just got scammed by a place calling themselves Prestige Estate Services. They charged my parents credit card when they were not given authorization to do that. They claimed they had buyers for my parents timeshares. My parents have already called the credit card to report the issue, but has anyone else ever dealt with a company called Prestige Estate Services? I've looked online and couldn't find any info on the company and of course they are not answering any of the phone numbers they gave my parents. Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is a simple rule of thumb here - if they charge an upfront fee - they are going to scam you.

But - if their card was charged, your parents must have given them the number.

A quick google search came up with their website, address, and phone number. Their phone number is listed in the phone book.

They are not rated or accredited by the BBB and the "business" was just started in June.

BBB info.

Last edited:

eatthatfrog9

Reaction score
What appears to have happen is that a company that my parents got scammed by the other year has closed and reopened as this Prestige Estate Services and has carried forward my parents credit card information from the old company. My parents assured me that they did not give Prestige Estate Services their credit card information and gave them no indication they were going to do any business with them. Luckily, the credit card company has been very helpful and already removed the payment.

And I must say thank you for always posting nice, helpful replies. You have been very helpful and I greatly appreciate that.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
My pleasure - I hope you can convince your parents that NONE of these upfront fee companies are legit.

Have you checked the resale prices of their timeshare on ebay to see if it has any resale value?

If it doesn't, they may want to consider giving it away to get rid of the maintenance fee.

Let me know if you want more info. about that.

Good luck! :hi:

eatthatfrog9

Reaction score
I did look on ebay. I'm guessing the resale price could be $300-$400 for each of their timeshares from the information I saw on there. For that type of money, do you think it would be worth trying to sell their timeshares on ebay? Or just give them away?

And I know from other information you have provided and that I have read elsewhere on here that there needs to be a title transfer, which could cost around $100 or so. Is that the only thing that needs to occur to truly sell the timeshare and make it legal? If I could even convince them to try and sell their timeshares on ebay, I would be the one doing it for them and I just want to know what I could be getting myself into.

Thanks!!!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you look at the final selling prices or just the asking prices? The asking prices really don't mean anything. If you saw asking prices of $400-$500, chances are the selling price is zero.

1) register for ebay
2) log-in
3) search for the resort by exact name
4) on the left click on COMPLETED AUCTIONS
5) the next page will show you selling prices

I wouldn't use ebay - that is where you will get the lowest price, plus the listing cost is at least $75.

Showing your parents the selling prices on ebay may help them face reality. It's difficult to realize that your timeshares are worth little or nothing.

Last edited:

eatthatfrog9

Reaction score
I looked at the completed auctions when I looked. There were no exact matches, of course, so that is why I am guessing maybe around $300-$400...but with the economy it I wouldn't be surprised if they would sell for even less or at all. Their timeshares are both with Wyndham...Smokey Mtns, Sevierville TN and Bonnet Creek, Orlando.

You mentioned below about having some info on giving them away. Would you mind sending me that info? They can't afford the maintenance fees anymore which is why they are wanting to sell them.

Thank you again!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should search for Wyndham points - Wyndham doesn't sell weeks, which is why you couldn't find the resorts - it's a pure points system. You would search for points pkgs. that are the same number of points as your parents own.

Here is a low-cost way to give them away.

There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are other cheap and free sites on the internet, as well.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay 2010 (and possibly 2011) maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple professional transfer for about $100) I've used this licensed document Prep. company and the owner is a Tugger. - Note, this is my personal recommendation, not as a representative of TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2010 or 2011 for the new owner​

Good luck!