• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] GMAC Real Estate

maxwell95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used GMAC Real Estate? Unfortunately we have listed our timeshare with them paying a high fee. Just wondering if others have used them and if their timeshares ever sold through them. Was the money back guarantee they talk about ever honored?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Timeshares Only is somehow related to GMAC. I would never pay to list with an upfront fee company, and you shouldn't go that route, either, when you can sell your own timeshare.

maxwell95

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am refering to Timeshare REsales USA in Orlando Florida. I now know it is a scam, but was curious to see if ANYONE has ever sold their timeshare through them.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Timeshares Only is also in Orlando and is a resale company that uses the name GMAC, supposedly a name you can trust. :rolleyes:

Of course, I did buy a week through them and got a great price, but only about the same as I could have gotten elsewhere, but I was anxious to buy it and didn't want to wait for a bargain. :)

Docklander

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought a number of units through International Properties GMAC Real Estate based in Orlando (they sell and advertise a lot on eBay) and haven't had a problem from a purchasing point of view. If I'm buying then by extension someone is selling successfully through them.

Bill4728

Reaction score
They do sell some timeshares, so someone must sucessfully sell thru them. BUT they do nothing to help you sell your TS.

They will tell you that they have 50 TS listed from your resort at prices which sound to good to be true for the seller. THEY ARE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. The prices they list are just asking prices whihc are almost never even close to the selling prices. So they have you list your TS at an unrealastic price and guess what? It doesn't sell untill you lower the price so much you'd have never listed with them if you knew it would sell for so little.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you are talking about GMAC International out of Orlando FL, avoid Russel Tanner. He is a jerk

mish

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am refering to Timeshare REsales USA in Orlando Florida. I now know it is a scam, but was curious to see if ANYONE has ever sold their timeshare through them.

Why is it a scam? I just signed up to sell a unit with them, and am wondering if anyone had experience with them.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I brought through them once. This mean someone must have SOLD through them. Most of the problem is the seller is listing it with a unrealistic price. Timeshare Resale don't tell them the realistic price. The unit just sit there and doesn't sell for a long time. In the meantime, they just take the seller upfront listing cost.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Why is it a scam? I just signed up to sell a unit with them, and am wondering if anyone had experience with them.

Companies which make all their money from the listing fee, have every reason to lie to you about how much they can sell your TS for and no reason after getting their fee to try and sell your TS. Do they sometimes (rarely) sell a TS? sure they must. But will they sell your TS for the price they said would ? NO WAY.

geekette

Reaction score
It would have to be a super-good price to buy thru them, since they pass along some ridiculous fees - last time I saw something interesting, they wanted me to pay $1000 on top of all the other costs (closing, etc.)

However, as someone else pointed out, GMAC is many many different offices.

J

JoeMid

if you are talking about GMAC International out of Orlando FL, avoid Russel Tanner. He is a jerk
He does have an 'attitude' but if you come to terms with him, he can get the job done.

somerville

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for this company, but most upfront companies usually lead you to believe that they will sell your unit quickly for an unrealistic price. There is no incentive for them to sell your unit after you paid the upfront fee, as that is their income stream. Very few properties ever sell on these upfront fee websites. Oftentimes, you will find listings that are two or more years old. Sometimes a realistic offer will come in, and a seller will agree to sell to get out from under the timeshare. Did you ask this company to provide documentation as to what the average listing time was, how many units like yours they had listed, how many they had sold in the last 6 months, and the sales price of each unit?

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you cancel the fees immediately through your Credit Card? If so get on the phone and do so.

If you are talking about the GMAC that sits in the same building as Timeshares Only on I-Drive in Orlando get your money back immediately. They are a company that exists to sell you space on a timeshare website that is badly run, is user unfriendly, and on which you have almost zero chance to sell. I don't know about the other GMACs just this one since I visited it in March of this year. Plus, they charge you outrageous closing fees if by some chance you find something to buy.

GKnight

Reaction score
GMAC Scammed me

Ok I just got off the phone with Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum, he is head of the Economic Crimes Division, if you have ever paid Timeshare FSBO, Timeshare MLS, GMAC Timeshare Division any money and they did not do what they promised, then we can do a class action lawsuit against the owners of the companies, as well as the scam artist salespeople that work for GMAC Timeshare Division, and hold them responsible. Here is how we can get our money back, go to www.myfloridalegal.com and file a report about GMAC Timeshare Division and the salesperson that took your money, or call 1-866-966-7226 and ask for the Economic Crimes Division and file a report, GMAC Timeshare Division is currently already under investigation. This company preys on those who need help the most, and they bet on the fact that most of us people will not do anything to try to get our money back. Prove them wrong, call your credit card company and dispute the charge, and then file a formal complaint against them. TAKE ACTION!

Casey808

Reaction score
Talked to GMAC about my timeshare

I clicked on the link for GMAC Timeshare (Reality Sales) from the upper corner of this website (from a Google ad) I submitted my info on their site's form that I wanted to sell my timeshare in Hilton Head, SC. They called me back and said that I could rent it if I wanted to and they would pay me $2100 for each week rented. I asked how they could get so much and she (Katherine) said they rented them for GMAC Special Events and they could get that much since most everything is booked on those special event weeks/weekends. She stated that she thought she could sell my timeshare for $10,000. Geez, no one is going to pay $10,000 for an EOY, week 10 at Hilton head that's not even on the beach (Waterside). She asked if I, at time of my original purchase, had signed that I would use the unit to use and to rent. I told her I couldn't remember as I have never rented it out and she said that if I hadn't signed that "rental form" I would have to pay an upfront fee of $699 so that they could legally rent it out. She told me that she would send me two checks of $2100 each for the week I had coming up and for the week I had banked. I refused to send her any money upfront and she said ok and we hung up.

What am I missing here?????? Do they really think we're that stupid? She kept saying "well you now the name GMAC has a great reputation and to please check the better Business Bureau, blah, blah, blah........

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
GMAC is a franchise, so there is no real parent company behind them.

Anyone who charges a large upfront fee is a scammer - PERIOD.

They make their money with the upfront fee and then they make no attempt to sell your timeshare. They don't really even have a buyer - that's a gimmick.

Here are some warnings signs with these kinds of companies:

1) Do they say that they already have a renter/buyer for your timeshare? (or an established market like people attending conventions.)

2) Do they want you to pay hundreds/thousands of dollars for a title search and transfer fees, or taxes, or a closing fee, UPFRONT?

3) Are they offering to rent/sell it for far more than the market value?

4) Do they want you to pay a large up front fee that supposedly you will get back?

5) Do they want your credit card number before they send you a contract?​

If you answer yes to any of these questions, then this is the usual scenario:

Once you pay the fee and receive the contract, you discover that the company has only promised to advertise your resort, not to rent/sell it, and they don't mention having a renter/buyer in the contract.

Then, you won't hear anything from them for a long time, and when you contact them, they will tell you that the renter/buyer backed out, but they will advertise your timeshare on their over-priced website.

Finally, when you try to get your money back, they will point out that you signed a contract, and it's only for advertising.

When you try to challenge it with your credit card company, they will tell you that you only had 60 days to dispute the charge, and that it's too late to do anything.​

To see what your timeshare is really worth on the current resale market:

1) Register with eBay
2) Log into eBay
3) Search for the resort by exact name
4) Click on "completed listings" on the menu on the left

(Be sure you look at the completed listings - those are actually SELLING prices - you will find asking prices all over the place, but what really counts is what they actually sold for.)

Last edited:

TSAdvocate

Reaction score
GMAC is actually CHL Marketing

Folks,

GMAC is currently being investigated by the Attorney General of Florida. This has gone on way too long and they are putting the Kabash on Howard and Carol Levine (CHL Marketing, hence the intials). Its long overdue and with the help of empowered and educated consumers acting together, we may have them by the tails...