• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Carriage Hills Resort in Ontario, Canada: Free, plus extras!!!!

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Hi,
I own a 2 bedroom, lockoff, red (high demand weeks) at Carriage Ridge since 1999. Have loved it, but kids have grown up and we just don't expect to use it as much. Was looking to chat with Liz and Dave, and Brody, and anyone else with any experience on best way to move it. If you could please reply we can arrange to connect! Much appreciated!!!

The best way to communicate with specific BBS users is to click on their blue user name and sent them a PM or email.

There is a lot of info here on tug about selling timeshares. From the main page click on "buying, selling, renting" and read the stickies. Read some of the classified ads to see how people are wording ads. Read posts here in the bargain deals forum to get some ideas.

Be specific with what you have, post links to the resort web page and be positive. Don't start out like some do and say "I need to get rid of this burdensome dog of a timeshare."

Good luck.

VickieW

Reaction score
I would love to know how to get rid of this timeshare. Vickie

Hi Ben,

Did you ever get rid of this? I am in the process of getting rid of
mine- have all paperwork being done now.

If you need help- I found a way and have a dozen people who wanted
mine... let me know

Liz & Dave

Please tell me the secret. Thanks
Vickie

keeboo06

TUG Member
Reaction score
would like to give away my Carriage Hills timeshare

I have a timeshare at the Carriage Hills Resort that I would like to give away. I have a listing in the TUG Marketplace under Bargain Deals. It's floating time in the White season, week #50. I've experienced some financial setbacks last year and struggled to pay the MF's. Unfortunately my circumstances have not changed this year and im trying to give away before 2013 fees are due in November. I've contacted the resort, (Shell Vacations Member services) to try a deedback but they advised me that they don't have a program. Ive been reading these threads and trying things that have been suggested. Ive researched donating and deed transfers and those options come with expensive strings attached and negatively affect other owners. I want to do this the right way, but is this process really this difficult? Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions.

DaveRig

Reaction score
TS looking for a good home.

Keeboo06 I also have a white week at Carriage Hills I don't use anymore.
Were you able to give yours away? I too would like to give mine away before I have to pay the MFs in November.

Anyone else here interested in taking my TS over :)

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Were you able to give yours away? I too would like to give mine away before I have to pay the MFs in November.

I would suggest 3 things.

1) Start your own thread here in the bargain deals forum.

2) Click on lizanddave blue user name in one of their posts and send them an email or PM.

3) Post an ad in the TUG Market Place. You can get there my using the link in the red bar above.

keeboo06

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hello DaveRig,

I have not given away my timeshare as of yet, still working on that. I wonder if Wyndham will offer deedbacks to Shell Vacation Owners since they recently bought Shell out. Any progress with trying to give away yours?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Dave - A gentle suggestion - If you really want to get rid of your timeshare, you should add more info to the thread each week to bump it to the top of the page - otherwise, it's off the main page and lost in oblivion (where no one sees it) in about a week. All you have to do is add another post to the original thread, to bump it to the top of the page where people will actually see it.

Tigger2013

TUG Member
Reaction score
lawyer

For those that closed on your timeshare, would you be able to recommend a lawyer or closing company?

I have called 2 real estate lawyers in the Toronto area and they do not deal with timeshares.

zilentbob

TUG Member
Reaction score

HappyLight

Reaction score
Carriage Hills

Thanks for the note Liz and Dave. I do have someone intested in my timeshare. Now just waiting for my lawyer to send him the paperwork. That part has been a bit painful, dragging on by my lawyer but hopefully this will get done in the next week or so. I hope that the wait has not scared him away.

Hi Broddy, I have found a buyer who want to take over my timeshare at Carriage Hills, but I don't know which lawyer can handle the closing process. Could you please send the lawyer's contact information that you used?

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Broddy, I have found a buyer who want to take over my timeshare at Carriage Hills, but I don't know which lawyer can handle the closing process. Could you please send the lawyer's contact information that you used?

Welcome to TUG

Click on the blue user name of anyone you want to reach and send an email or a PM.

Not everyone checks threads they have posted in and this is the best way to ask questions of specific people.

Jennyb

Reaction score
I think I would be up for a Carriage Hills time share. I am still learning about the ups and downs of time share, but if anyone still has theirs, I would like to begin a conversation. I can't guarantee I will buy it, but we really enjoyed one recently. We live in Southern Ontario and would insist on a clean and simple sale.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I would be up for a Carriage Hills time share. I am still learning about the ups and downs of time share, but if anyone still has theirs, I would like to begin a conversation. I can't guarantee I will buy it, but we really enjoyed one recently. We live in Southern Ontario and would insist on a clean and simple sale.

You can contact any of the posters in this thread by clicking on their blue user name and send them a message, either a PM or an email. Better than hoping they will see your post.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
I would check ebay.com You can get a week for a few bucks and they include all closing and transfer costs.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned