• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What % of ebay auctions include the Program Fees in the total monthly MF?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Talking about points contracts. Obviously no one knows for sure so give me a ballpark figure.

I emailed an ebay seller today and asked if the quoted monthly MF included the Program Fee and he said yes. Is this pretty common? So if you are a current Wyndham owner and are already paying the max. Prog. Fee you could subtract $x from the stated MF. Yes?

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no max Program Fee. There is a MIN program fee, however. This is only an issue if the contract is smaller than about 231k. In that case, if you already have over 231k points, then subtract the fixed minimum cost (it was around $118 the last I checked, but it has likely gone up) and then add back in the per-point Program Fee x the number of points in the contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The program fee is almost always included. but it can be misleading

If I buy a 105000 point cotract from a guy that only has that one contract his program fee is the minimum $117 but when I get it in my account it will only be half of that

the flip side of that is true as well. If I sell a 105000 point contract to someone and its their first Wyndham purchase, they might be surprised to see their fees are more than what I quoted in my ad because they get hit with the minimum, and I dont

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
The other thing that can be confusing is the program fee is pre account not per contract. The total number of point in the account is used to figure out the total program fee. And the program fee will be different depending on whether at least one of the contracts was purchased directly from Wyndham or not. If you purchased one of your contracts from Wyndham the program fee will be $.57 per 1000 points with a minimum of $147.00. If all your contracts were purchased resale then the program fee will be $.55 per 1000 points with a minimum of $128.00.
So if you are buying say a 105000 CWA contract on eBay the program fee listed in the add could be:
$57.23 per month= Wyndham purchase only contract owned
$49.96 per month = Wyndham purchase multiple contracts owned over the minimum.
$55.64 per month = Resale purchase only contract owned
$49.79 per month + Resale purchase multiple contracts owned over the minimum

Occasionally you will just see a mistake where the maintenance fee in the add is simply too high or too low to be correct for the number of point listed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Thanks all. That answers my questions. I knew there was a minimum fee and no maximum. I guess mentally I'll just subtract a few $$ from the stated monthly MF and call it good. A few bucks either direction won't make or break a deal anyway.

I'm staying away from CWA and looking at CWP UDI contracts.