• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

National Harbor

Renny30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm headed to National Harbor on Sunday. We have a 3 bedroom. I want to go ahead and call and request something. What should I ask for? I have no idea what the resort is like. Does it face the water?

All Tugger tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Had a 3 bdr there several years ago. My master bedroom was LARGE with attached bath. Other 2 bedrooms where on the other side of living room. Had a balcony ... too cold to be out on it. Extended family loved the unit... I thought the unit was pretty nice but have had NO reason to book a return visit .. yet.

Parking garage is across the street ... not FREE.

Small indoor pool; outdoor pool would be closed at this time of the year. Several activity rooms inside with age level activities; was surprised as to HOW many activities there were for the kids. Washer & dryer are located on each floor (might have been free).

Multiple restruants in area .. check prices outside before entering (some can be pricier than you may want to pay).

Gaylord Hotel has a great lobby ... worth seeing if they have any light shows or activites ... like at Christmas when I was there, there was seasonal singing with snowflakes falling indoors.

Outdoor walking gets COLD fast as the Harbor winds make you feel cold and damp.. winds seem to blow across the river and up the hill to National Harbor.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
Hello,

I'm headed to National Harbor on Sunday. We have a 3 bedroom. I want to go ahead and call and request something. What should I ask for? I have no idea what the resort is like. Does it face the water?

Thanks in advance!

Bring your long johns.:hysterical:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a great time Rhonda.

We also visited Gaylord Palms Christmas time. Very pretty. Definitely check out the lobby anyway.

We want to go back when the weather is a bit warmer. Enjoy!

asreiter

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a 3 bedroom when we vacationed Nov. 2014. We loved the resort and area!! It was a fairly quick drive into D.C. and the National Harbor area was a lot of fun! We rode the ferris wheel, shopping was good and there were a lot of choices for restaurants. Have a great time!!

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
The waterfront is west of the resort by a couple blocks. Unfortunately, the building on the block between the Wyndham resort and the waterfront is similar in height to the Wyndham building. Therefore, the water view is mostly obscured. It may be possible for rooms on the northwest corner and the southwest corner to have a partial water view... I'm not sure. Look at the resort map on Wyndham's website for room numbers to request. Also a "street view" on Google maps will give you an idea of the upscale, modern, slightly urban feel to National Harbor.

If the weather is reasonable, take the passenger ferry to Old Town, Alexandria, VA. Besides offering a low-cost, pleasant ride across the Potomac, you'll find a charming historic district to explore, with plenty of fun shopping and eating options, all within a few blocks walking distance of the waterfront sightseeing area. We enjoyed the contrasts between National Harbor and Old Town and so did our teenage (at the time) kids. Have a fun trip!

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

When you get there check out Bobby McKey's Dualing Piano Bar .. its on Fleet Street within a block of the Wyndham. Really good times and cover charge is waived for Wyndham guests. Unlike some piano bars, the night we were there the same two pianists played the whole time and were great.

The Wyndham suite was really nice .. we had a 2 bedroom which we had upgraded to presidential. It was a split reservation with 2 nights in one room and 1 night in another. This was one of the first times I've seen where the front desk did NOT combine them into a single no-move room despite my asking. That lady seemed kind of indifferent unlike most Wyndham people who usually go out of their way to accommodate. When the parking pass lady found out she got it corrected so we did not have to move.

Not much view from this place. Ours was opposite from the harbor overlooking a vast parking lot. I wondered if we would have faired better with the split reservation. Harbor side would overlook another building but maybe corners on that side would have views as pointed out above.

We love Olde Town Alexandria and it is worth a visit or two by water taxi and/or car. Charming old cobblestone streets with nice shops, restaurants and bars.

If you are taking the DC Metro downtown, we found that Alexandria is NOT the place to park for a full day -- too expensive (unless you are staying at Wyndham Alexandria where it is free). Better to find a metro station a few stops out where the commuter parking would make it way cheaper.

In DC, the Holocaust Museum is amazing.

Bob