• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Price Differences

tmelleo

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking into purchasing resale and have noticed huge differences in prices. Can someone tell me why 7,000 point may cost $2,500 on one listing and another may have 150,000 points for $600 or even free. I haven't see anywhere that states there is a difference in the points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mel

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For one thing, there is no such thing as a 7,000 point Wyndham contract. A typical small contract might be 77,000 points. I have heard of contracts of 49,000 points but you can't do much with that.

As for difference in price, there are many possible reasons. First, some people may not be familiar with the resale market and price their points too high. Other people just want to get out and will offer them very cheaply or even free. Another issue is that contracts that have a lower MF to point ratio may go for a higher price and those that cost more in MF per point.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking into purchasing resale and have noticed huge differences in prices. Can someone tell me why 7,000 point may cost $2,500 on one listing and another may have 150,000 points for $600 or even free. I haven't see anywhere that states there is a difference in the points.

Thanks,

Mel

The 7,000 points is Worldmark by Wyndham. Worldmark contracts hold better value than Wyndham contracts.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks,

Mel
In addition to to the worldmark/wyndham difference, some resorts have much higher maintenance fees that make them worth much less.

Then there are what I call the "moonshot" listings. Some people put high prices on items in hopes that someone who doesn't care about the price will buy them. Or perhaps someone who doesn't know better will buy them. Or it could be someone who bought from the developer who can't accept the true value of the contract putting them up for sale.

Anyway, the key, of course, is to learn as much as possible before you buy. Check those completed listings! Know exactly what you are buying!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The small contracts (14,000, 28,000, 49,000, 56,000, 63,000) were original sold back in the early years of Fairfield resorts...allowing a family to get a bigger unit (from a 1bdr to a 2bdr) for their "vacation" week or to convert a fixed week to points.

I had acquired a couple Royal Vista (63K and 49K) contracts when transfer fees were only $99.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks,

Mel

The 7,000 points is Worldmark by Wyndham. Worldmark contracts hold better value than Wyndham contracts.

As Ty1on mentions, the 7000 point listings are likely for WorldMark the Club, which is managed by Wyndham. These ARE NOT compatible with Club Wyndham contracts and are held as completely different ownerships.

A 7k WM contract gets you roughly 6 days in a 1 BR at most resorts in the WorldMark system during red season.

WorldMark has substantially lower MF compared to many Club Wyndham contracts, and therefor is worth more in resale value. WorldMark is also a much more flexible system than Club Wyndham. For one thing, the WM points/credits are good for 2 years and can be used into a third year (if booked prior to expiration), whereas one must pay to extend the life of points in Club Wyndham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks,

Mel

To sum up the previous replies, You are comparing apples and oranges

Worldmark and Wyndham are completely separate timeshare clubs

tmelleo

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information, that cleared up a lot for me!