• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] National Vacation Sales - Anyone heard of?

wyndhamvictim

Reaction score
I have done some research on National Vacation Sales and Services located in Orlando, FL. At all cost stay away!!!!! Everything they tell you they do is a complete lie!!!! Financing companies they say they use have never heard of them at all. The program they say they use doesnt exist!!!!! Just another boiler room company so stay away if they want $1500 for paperwork goes straight in there pockets. BBB has them at a D in only 2 years they say they have been in business and the business owner listed as Blair Von Horn. My sister got ripped off and as a private investigator I uncovered alot on this company!!! So please people STAY AWAY it is all a lie they tell you!!!!!! FTC is also aware that they are saying they do FTC regulated phone calls which is a lie also. If you have been scammed contact the Attorney Generals office in Florida as soon as possible 1-866-966-7226 before your money is completely gone.

Mike
Mike,
NVS has rang me (Im in Australia) regarding selling my Wyndham credits for an upfront US$2000 fee & will call me next week. They are listed with the"Florida Dept.... of State-Division of Corporations" as "active" with the owner (being a Tiffany Roebuck?ph. no. 18663282312) Is the above State Dept... legitimate otherwise can you tell me the correct Regulatory body's name/address.Thanks for posting the Attorney Generals No. I have been very unhappy with Wyndham but they won't sell credits & I don't know how to sell/rid myself of this liability. Any advice would be most appreciated.
Garry

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Garry - Hi and welcome to TUG! :hi:

Because of the economy, most timeshares are selling for 0-10% of original retail. I know that is a bitter pill to swallow, but these scammers are preying on TS owners who don't want to accept that.

To see what your TS actually might sell for, go to ebay, search for it by name, and then click on "completed auctions" in the menu on the left. You must be registered and logged in to do this.

If you poke around a bit, you will see that there are more than 200 timeshares listed on ebay for $0-100 - most with no bids. Many people are having a hard time even giving away their timeshares these days.

If you discover that your TS has no resale value, it may be possible to give it away, if it is paid off, and all your fees are up to date. Let us know if you want more info. on that.

On the other hand, if you don't have to get rid of this timeshare, we can definitely help you get more use out of it. Let us know if you want more info. on that.

IFan

Reaction score
Avoid

I had a call from them a week ago and they implied on the phone that they were calling from Marriott, now I had a baby in my arms at the time so I wasn't really listening to the opening call but it sounded genuine. They offered me a pretty good amount for my timeshare in Vegas which I refused. They said they would call back with a better offer which they did, and I accepted. I knew there were fees of $1,500 which I said was fine and after spending 20-30 minutes on the call going through all the legal issues etc - he told me all about federal law and gave me his address (mentioned in the opening post), gave me his ID number. It wasn't until the very last minute he asked me for my credit card details to pay the fee! My husband then took the phone and was asking the guy questions etc, my husband explained that in UK its an absolute "no go" when your asked to pay for anything upfront and the guy had the nerve to suggest we couldn't afford the fee!! At this point my husband hung up the phone.
He sent me a sample contract and if you read the small print, they are only marketing the property for you for 90 days which is why they charge $1,500. He implied he was going to purchase the time share and the money was sat in an Eskrow account but in fact this was not the case as they never actually had a buyer for the time share anyway. If they can't sell it then you have paid the fee for nothing so your better to call Marriotts to see if they can buy it back from you.

bin got

Reaction score
I did everything except google them.
I've been trying to get rid of my wyndam for about a year so when they rang I was this is a scam but followed all there links and stuff.
wired them my cash and they didn't send the paper work so i couldn't sign and return so they at least my have only got 1K of my cash and not my time share.
my question is can the Attorney General get my cash back it's been about 3 weeks .
wish I had Googled them like i did tonight!!!
bin got.

Roofy49

Reaction score
I'm new here.

I just heard from NVS today. They had a buyer sitting in the next office getting approved etc. They emailed me the "contract" and requested $97 via Western Union for the title search.

I did some research and emailed them back. Here is my email:

<snip> I'm feeling very uneasy about this. Your email domain is live.com, not a business domain. A brief search on Google for "National Vacation Sales" generates a listing of invalid links. You are not accredited and, according to the BBB, you have a poor rate of resolving customer complaints over the last 3 years (about half not resolved). I'm supposed to send $97 to you for a title search, not to the title search company.

What is going on here? </snip>

Three phone calls and an email in 2 hours when I was a potential scamee. No response to my email in 5 business hours. What a surprise.

So I believe thatacticheir new tatic, nick many of us for $97.