• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rant [Westgate upfront fee offer]

Jollyhols

Reaction score
Sorry, I need a little rant (even though I haven't been on here for a while)

I've just had an offer to purchase my timeshare for $4100 and out of that I would receive $500. Westgate Resorts require the agent to split their commission with them, so in other words I have to pay $1800 to Westgate for selling my timeshare! Then this new broker has to split their portion with the other broker, Timeshares Only, whom I paid up front several years ago (they've never got me an offer) and who told me that there were no other fees if they sold the timeshare.
I think I'd rather give it away!

Thanks for letting me rant.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How did that offer come to you? Via postcard, phone call, email? Sounds like some kind of predatory scheme to get even more $ out of people who might be looking to be rid of their timeshare during bad economic times. You can be sure the ones who make $$$ are the various brokers with their hands in the till. :annoyed:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that some would say ANY profit from a timeshare sale is a rarity unless one of the hotel brands, so jump on it. But I know that must be frustrating to give the developer even more money for literally doing nothing.

svwoude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be cautious! I can't think of many Westgate resorts that are worth $4100.
Sounds fishy to me.

Jollyhols

Reaction score
The offer came by email from Fidelity Resales in Orlando (www.fidelityresales.com). They got my details from Timeshares Only, whom we paid up front a few years ago to sell our unit.

I know that the unit isn't worth much, but I don't think I can bring myself to let Westgate receive more money from the sale that I would. Also we have several banked weeks with Interval so I am not sure if we could retain those weeks for ourselves or whether we would have to include them with the sale.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you bring yourself to continually paying WasteGate ever increasing mainetenance Fees.

IMHO they are going to ask you for money and the deal will fall apart

No matter what these guys say - there is no reason with the exception of postage you should be paying anybody in this transacation any additional funds, you should be receiving a check at the end of the deal

After you get your contact post the name of the closing company here before signing or sending any paerwork back