• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please help.....just made an offer

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure there is somewhere here I need to look to see what I am suppose to do once I make an offer.

I've researched what property I would like to buy along with what I need for good trading power, researched our offering price compared with other properties and called the resort to check on unit along with its location.

If we go back and forth and an agreed upon price is set, what the heck do I do from there? I am certain I do not want to send this person a bank check :eek: I think I read here about a closing company.
Do I find one myself? If we end up with this property, or even the next time we make an offer and it is accepted, what things do I need/want put in the "contract" for sale?
Thank you all very much. :whoopie:

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Congratulations

You need to find a company who will handle the closing for you.

You contact them with the information of who the buyer is, price agreed upon, week and unit number if applicable, resort name. Your name and address and telephone number.

They will handle everything from there. They will request a copy of the deed from the owner and prepare the necessary documents that both parties will have to sign.

They will tell you the closing costs, plus the agreed price and you will forward them the money. They will not release any funds to the owner till everything has been cleared and a new deed has been prepared.

Good Luck if was not that long ago I was in your shoes

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Timeshare Closing Service Agencies.

I think I read here about a closing company.
Do I find one myself?
Several companies specializing in timeshare purchase & sale closing services are out there & some of those advertise right here on TUG.

The 2 we've used with 100% satisfactory results for a few timeshare purchases & 1 sale are Timeshare Closing Services Inc. & Timeshare Transfer Inc.

Good luck & Happy Timesharing.
-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Cappy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Susan Ducan from Ducan Realty

:clap: She does the best work & you can talk to her!! The 2 other CO I have used also but they trade you off to other people all the time!! You either talk to Suscan asst. or her which I reslly like!! I have used her 4 times now & everything went GREAT!! This is her #(816)424-1230 fax 816-424-1232
Address is: 9301 W. Highway # 116
Gower, MO 64454

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all very much. Still negotiating. Don't want to pay too much since I'm not in a rush.

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Timeshare Closing Services. Of the 12 purchases I've experienced they have been flawless with regard to speed, communication , and professionalism.

Congrats!