• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Desert Oasis – Standard 1BR – Gold Plus Float 1-52 (EOY Even)

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Standard 1BR/1BA - Week 36, Unit 2020 Contract 618197, EOY Even, Floats 1-52.
Voluntary Resort, Star options do not transfer.
Next usage 2018 and buyer pays MF’s in 2017/2018.
MF’s were $665.32 for last usage, plus a $20 Biennial bookkeeping fee or $685.32, of which half is paid each year.

I have owned several of these units and used them to trade into:
Westin Kierland Villas (x2) (2BR)
Marriott Grand Vista (x2) (2BR, 3BR)
Hyatt Mountain Lodge (2BR)
Westin Laguanmar (2BR)
Sheraton Desert Oasis (back into a 2BR – sneaky!)

Remember, Sheraton Desert Oasis is a Vistana Vacations (Formerly Starwood) resort and this means a priority period for other Vistana properties before others can see them.

I have also stayed at SDO one additional time and rented my unit out twice. I only rent it out if I have too many other TS’s to use and booking a Spring Training/Winter week was easy to rent out, as long as you plan/book ahead. The units are all renovated and the resort is in a great location.

Buyer pays $25 resort transfer fee and closing, which is around $150 with LT Transfers. This is a unit I like to call a triple threat – Good trader, easy to rent and a nice resort to stay in.

Of course, all fees are up to date, there are no loans and no current or pending special assessments.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Standard 1BR/1BA - Week 36, Unit 2020 Contract 618197, EOY Even, Floats 1-52.
Voluntary Resort, Star options do not transfer.
Next usage 2018 and buyer pays MF’s in 2017/2018.
MF’s were $665.32 for last usage, plus a $20 Biennial bookkeeping fee or $685.32, of which half is paid each year.

I have owned several of these units and used them to trade into:
Westin Kierland Villas (x2) (2BR)
Marriott Grand Vista (x2) (2BR, 3BR)
Hyatt Mountain Lodge (2BR)
Westin Laguanmar (2BR)
Sheraton Desert Oasis (back into a 2BR – sneaky!)

Remember, Sheraton Desert Oasis is a Vistana Vacations (Formerly Starwood) resort and this means a priority period for other Vistana properties before others can see them.

I have also stayed at SDO one additional time and rented my unit out twice. I only rent it out if I have too many other TS’s to use and booking a Spring Training/Winter week was easy to rent out, as long as you plan/book ahead. The units are all renovated and the resort is in a great location.

Buyer pays $25 resort transfer fee and closing, which is around $150 with LT Transfers. This is a unit I like to call a triple threat – Good trader, easy to rent and a nice resort to stay in.

Of course, all fees are up to date, there are no loans and no current or pending special assessments.

do you know if i can get a westin lagunamar for dates between july 15 and august 10 ?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
do you know if i can get a westin lagunamar for dates between july 15 and august 10 ?

If you are asking if it can be traded internally in the Vistana system - the answer is no - it does not have Staroptions.

It only exchanges with II.

Voluntary Resort, Staroptions do not transfer

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still Available.

I will pay for closing costs (using LT Transfer) and the resort transfer fee.

Tony Adam

Reaction score
Does this come with annual staroptions? And how much can be it converted into spg points? (new member here, struggling to figure out some concepts : ) )

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
SDO is a voluntary resort, so StarOption won't transfer upon resale. Here is a list of Madatory resorts from the VSE/SW FAQ where StarOption usage does transfer upon resale.

* Harborside at Atlantis
* Vistana Villages (Bella and Key West phases only)
* Westin St. John (Virgin Grand - Hillside only)
* Westin Ka'anapali & Westin Ka'anapali-North
* Westin Kierland Villas