• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Successful cancellation of Westgate purchase

Lisa193

Reaction score
Happy to send a picture but not sure how to post it here.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just another bold-faced lie...

<snip> The notary said she was independent and employed by the government - but then her name was printed on the door in their hotel suggesting she works there, alongside everyone at Westgate. Gosh I can't believe the levels of deceit.

The allegedly "independent" notary is just another lying Westgate Weasel employee, plainly stated. While notary public authorization is indeed issued by government, the simple fact is that no governmental entity (whether local, state or Federal) employs (or pays) anyone merely to perform that simple, occasional notary public function.
On the contrary, it is generally just a ancillary function performed by employees within a company, bank, etc. who certainly have other primary job responsibilities.

Truth to tell, little more is accomplished in the "notarization" exercise beyond some limited degree of "proof" of identity of the signatories. However, even this alleged "proof" can actually be very weak, since phony identification could conceivably be utilized in the first place by someone of ill intent, for whatever unknown reason.

You are correct that the extent of oral deceit simply knows no bounds with these types of slimy, hungry parasites. Westgate is simply the worst of the worst (IMnsHO).
They are certainly smart enough to never actually lie in writing, under signature, since doing so would create retrievable, incriminating evidence against themselves.
Sadly, far too many developer-direct buyers simply choose to believe the assorted oral tall tales, outright lies and other exaggerations of the sales weasels and far too few bother to adequately read and / or understand either their written contract content or their rescission rights --- provided to them in writing, as is required by law.
Once the state law rescission period expires, it's a straightforward matter of "you snooze, you lose". Unfortunately, not everyone can be "saved" from themselves.

P.S. I hope you figure out a way to post a photo of Wastegate's long-known (here on TUG, anyhow) "hidden, velcroed compartment". We've known of its' existence and use for some time, but no one has ever actually provided an actual photo. I sincerely hope that you'll be the first to do so in order to help future unsuspecting others.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Lisa193

Reaction score
Okay I have the pictures - is it an app I need to download to post them? That's where it seems to lead me to.

I really want to get these uploaded sooner rather than later.

Thanks for all the advice.

As the days pass I'm more and more disgusted by the lengths these people go to in order to impersonate a decent, reputable organisation. I cannot believe the blatant lies, I thought the notary was truly an independent person. They're a bunch of actors!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay I have the pictures - is it an app I need to download to post them? That's where it seems to lead me to.

I really want to get these uploaded sooner rather than later.

Thanks for all the advice.

As the days pass I'm more and more disgusted by the lengths these people go to in order to impersonate a decent, reputable organisation. I cannot believe the blatant lies, I thought the notary was truly an independent person. They're a bunch of actors!

I regret that I can't offer you any useful help on the photo upload exercise. Someone else more technically savvy may be able to steer you better if seeing your post. It would be a real shame for TUG to miss this rare opportunity to have these "hidden pocket" photos available for posterity with them now being so very close at hand from a willing provider. I'm not sure that a third party "hosting" site is actually required or necessary to conduct a photo upload, however. :shrug:

Your growing disgust with the Westgate Weasels is fully justified and entirely understandable. As I indicated previously, as a company they are quite simply "the worst of the worst" in the U.S. timeshare industry --- at least in my personal opinion. Only in Mexico can worse timeshare parasites be found (again, just my personal opinion).

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perfect! Thank You! Rest assured it will be shown to others.

Jim

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Lisa!

Looks like it is very close to the spine of the binder, so easy to overlook or mistake for a seam. Also, I notice they have at least one large pocket for the 'Directory'--seems that would have been a good place for important information such as rescission details, LOL.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please let me add my own expression of thanks to those offered above already. We've helped a lot of people here to successfully extricate themselves from this very same situation, but you are the first to actually make the effort to reciprocate by providing an actual "visual" of Westgate's infamous "hidden velcroed pocket".

Thanks for your efforts. When the subject arises here in the future, "a picture is worth a thousand words". You will be helping a lot of others for a long time to come. :clap:

Last edited:

Lisa193

Reaction score
Ah don't mention it guys, it's the least I could do. If it wasn't for this site, I'd of believed the notary and thought I couldn't recind.

I hope others find use in the information provided to date, as I have.

Take care all.

Lisa

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew how to "tag" or otherwise somehow "isolate" these "Westgate hidden velcroed pocket" photos by means of a "sticky" or by some other TUG mechanism, so that they could be easily and readily retrieved and viewed by others who might (...hopefully only temporarily) find themselves in the future clutches of Westgate.

Any ideas or suggestions, oh ye more technically savvy TUGGERS? :shrug:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hmm, ill see what we can do here....might make for an interesting short advice article =)

wish id read this sooner, im sorry she had so much trouble uploading the photos...ill get them up on TUG for safekeeping.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good job. This will hopefully help new visitors in the same position.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Binder photo

Terrific job! I'd heard about this pocket but seeing it is priceless.

Great article to help new purchasers. TUG is the best!

Lisa193

Reaction score
Huge thanks to you all - I got back my hefty deposit today of just over £2000. After finding the invaluable advice here, I wrote a simple letter recinding by certified post, which was delivered on 3rd September and today I received a refund to my bank account.

I'm not sure if they bothered calling as I ignored all calls from withheld numbers and just prayed for it to all be over. Thank God my prayers were over today.

I'm so pleased that I found this group, I really hope others do too before its too late.

Hideous outfit, so glad I don't have to think about them anymore.

Thanks again!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Huge thanks to you all - I got back my hefty deposit today of just over £2000. After finding the invaluable advice here, I wrote a simple letter recinding by certified post, which was delivered on 3rd September and today I received a refund to my bank account.

You're welcome!, And Thanks to you for providing those pictures of the infamous pocket. It will help us save many thousand$ for other people who find us in time.

We wish you happy travels. And if you should consider timesharing, we can help there too.

Jim

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
My disgust for Wastegate currently knows no bounds

Can't believe the secret velcro pocket - it's just all so insane, I'd laugh if it wasn't so tragic and sinister what they are doing to people.

The pictorial documentation of the "secret velcro pocket" has even surprised me. My disgust for Wastegate currently knows no bounds. Their sales weasels, management lackeys and corporate henchmen truly are the worst of a bad lot.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks for getting back to us to advise you've gotten your deposit back. And, again, thanks for taking the extra effort to post the photos.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
always like reading a happy ending!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Huge thanks to you all - I got back my hefty deposit today of just over £2000. After finding the invaluable advice here, I wrote a simple letter recinding by certified post, which was delivered on 3rd September and today I received a refund to my bank account. <snip>

Congratulations and well done! :clap:

Glad that the input and guidance you received here was of direct use and value to you. Rest assured that the photos you have considerately provided for others to see for themselves will surely benefit many people in the future.

Some would likely have some difficulty even believing the levels to which contempt-worthy Westgate Weasels routinely stoop, but first hand witness accounts (like yours) of personally experiencing (...or should I say personally enduring and surviving) the assorted Westgate lies, exaggerations, obfuscation and other deceitful tactics certainly help to educate and make "believers" out of others who might find their way here to conduct research before swimming in hungry piranha-infested waters.

Additionally of course, as the old saying correctly observes, "a picture is worth a thousand words". Those priceless photos say it all with no words even required.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited: