• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carsbad CA Timeshare Resorts Mtc Fees

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a low cost week at Seapointe, Pacific Palisades, or Marbrisa for day use. Hoping to find an EOY week for lowest possible mtc costs. I am wondering for people that own at these resorts which has the lowest mtc fee?
Thanks

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are all significantly higher than non-GPR properties, just as a head's up. I have all 3. The costs differences between the 3 are fairly minor, but Marbrisa has lower MFs and higher taxes. I expect the MFs to go up there when the place is no longer under construction.

Seapointe is slightly highest and that makes sense since it is across the street from the ocean. It will always needs more paint and upkeep because of the salt water.

That leaves you with GPP. You can get an EOY there for $1 and your MFs will run around $500 per year. They bill every year for EOY contracts.

Since the overall costs are not much different between all the properties, go with which one you want day use at. GPP is probably the best. It has the best pool and the nicest shower area (if you plan to workout and shower and go to work).

Do not count on getting day use at Marbrisa. Someone here bought a resale contract for that and was told the day use was not transferrable with resale. All the new contracts are HGVC and HGVC does not offer day use.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Do not count on getting day use at Marbrisa. Someone here bought a resale contract for that and was told the day use was not transferrable with resale. All the new contracts are HGVC and HGVC does not offer day use.

Which is a shame really because they could use the business at the new super pool. Every time I have been there off season its been very low usage or closed. I would certainly go there for a pool day and spend on drinks and lunch, even having to drive from an hour away. The cabanas are nice, free use with $150 in spend, offer that to owners for pool parties.

I do like my Seapointe for that, and I see a lot of locals use it, many are kids of original buyers.

We just found out King's Land offers owners day use for $10, works out cheaper than open season just to use the super pool. Locals don't have public pools they can visit. We go for evening happy hour every day we stay there, mmmm lava flows...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Which is a shame really because they could use the business at the new super pool. Every time I have been there off season its been very low usage or closed. I would certainly go there for a pool day and spend on drinks and lunch, even having to drive from an hour away.
I would, too. I'd even reserve the cabanas once in a while and host a small gathering. They'd make money off of me for sure.

If only Seapointe had a close by (walking within a block) bar/restaurant. It would be so easy to grab some food and hang out at the adult pool watching the sunset. I don't enjoy packing in my own stuff so much.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I am thinking of getting a low cost week at Seapointe, Pacific Palisades, or Marbrisa for day use. Hoping to find an EOY week for lowest possible mtc costs. I am wondering for people that own at these resorts which has the lowest mtc fee?
Thanks

What are your goals for day use? That should be how you choose which property. For example, only Grand Pacific Palisades has a true lap pool. The others don't. And only Seapointe will give you parking that's within walking distance to the beach. MarBrisa gives you good parking for Legoland and a private entrance to Legoland too that the others don't have.

I own at Carlsbad Inn and have used day use a few time for parking for the beach and the fitness room for showers and changing after the beach. I would probably never use day use for their pool since it's so small but I have used it for movie night when we're staying at another nearby resort.

Keep in mind that in Carlsbad, taxes are separate from MF and that the property taxes are assessed at each ownership transfer. That means that if you buy resale then what the seller paid in taxes is NOT necessarily what you will pay in taxes. You will pay whatever the assessor determines your ownership is worth at the time you buy it. I would venture to guess that's why Presley pays more in taxes for MarBrisa than the others - it's a newer purchase and was probably assessed higher because most of the comps were developer purchases at higher prices.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
If you want gym and pool, I would say Palisades.

If you want pool and gorgeous sunsets I would say Seapointe.

Carlsbad Inn is also an option and the gym is brand new there. You can also get beach gear and walk down the stairs to the beach and you are walking distance to many places to eat.

That being said, we use Seapointe the most. It's closer to my house and parking is easier. My Carlsbad Inn was great but now in escrow becuase someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Keep in mind that in Carlsbad, taxes are separate from MF and that the property taxes are assessed at each ownership transfer. That means that if you buy resale then what the seller paid in taxes is NOT necessarily what you will pay in taxes. You will pay whatever the assessor determines your ownership is worth at the time you buy it. I would venture to guess that's why Presley pays more in taxes for MarBrisa than the others - it's a newer purchase and was probably assessed higher because most of the comps were developer purchases at higher prices.

Fyi, Seapointe HOA pays the property taxes directly. They are included in our maintenance fees.

Btw, I also love the day use at Seapointe, but my favorite is the day use at Coronado. We park the car, grab the beach chairs and an umbrella and walk over to the best beach in San Diego.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We used to own Carlsbad Inn when our son was young and we did use the day use to walk across to the beach but did not like the small pool. Sold that week a while ago. Live within 5 minutes of Seapoint, GPP, and Marbrisa. Looking for a place to spend a day at the pool and maybe gym, so sounds like GPP might be best.

Does anyone have any luck renting non summer weeks out at any of these places?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We used to own Carlsbad Inn when our son was young and we did use the day use to walk across to the beach but did not like the small pool. Sold that week a while ago. Live within 5 minutes of Seapoint, GPP, and Marbrisa. Looking for a place to spend a day at the pool and maybe gym, so sounds like GPP might be best.

You might rent non summer weeks for your maintenance fee if you're lucky. Probably better to exchange it in GPX.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

You might rent non summer weeks for your maintenance fee if you're lucky. Probably better to exchange it in GPX.

I have both summer & non-summer Seapointe and summer GPP. I've been able to rent out my floating Seapointe week if I am diligent in reserving a mid/late June week since that is considered summer for a lot of east coast schools. Locals don't usually rent that time frame because of the potential for June gloom.

In the situations where I was asleep at the wheel and forget to reserve a June week, I have deposited it with GPX and then exchanged back in for a summer week - again you have to be quick on the draw because those get snapped up the first day of availability