• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My impressions of Minerals resort and spa, vernon, nj

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello TUGGERS,
I just returned from vacationing at the Minerals resort and spa, II code GG1.
My impression of that resort is that it has seen better days.
Apparently management of that resort rents out the units to the locals using yearly leases. Management also charges $69 per month per adult for use of the gym and pool.
So, at least for my unit, I got the feeling that I was getting cheap rental housing for 1 week.
For example, the dishwasher, fridge, and microwave oven were severely used and stained, as you would expect of an appliance that was heavily used year round by a tenant (who maybe couldn't care less).
We did not get fitted sheets for our bed, instead we got two flat sheets, which were constantly coming off.
There was several scoff marks all around the unit, indication that a paint job was long overdue. The washer/drier was tiny, seemed like it'd only fit 5-7 lbs of clothing at a time. And, there were stairs, tons of it, every where. We were on the first floor, and we had to walk a flight of stairs from up in the parking lot down to the first floor, then up again another fight of stairs to enter our unit.
Immediately outside the resort area there was little that caught our attention, it seems as if the area has been economically depressed for years.
The positives were that the two beds were king size, we have kids that love coming to sleep in our bed, so not having to be literally on top of each other was nice.
The gym and the pools I'd call the best experience of our stay there, the gym equipment was some of the latest and greatest I've seen, for example, some of the equipment allows you to play videogames while working out.
The indoor pool is heated and has a waterfall, which reminds me out being in a natural stream. There is another heated indoor pool that extends to the outside.
There are at least three hottubs, one which is right next to a kiddie pool. There is a dry heat sauna, and a steam room. In order to tell who is a resort guest and who has a gym membership, they make people wear different color wristbands, which I found odd.
Overall, I would not stay again at this resort, except for the fact that I have older siblings in the area that would find it much harder to visit me. In other words, this resort fits my needs of a cheap stay in the area to visit relatives.
:wave:

Last edited:

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I'm sorry to hear this. We stayed there many years ago and the unit was really nice. I'm glad to hear the indoor/outdoor pool is still in good shape. The kids loved swimming under the wall.

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
Indidually owned?

We had a similar experience a few years ago. The room was so outdated. We actually stayed the night & left the next day. Not what we expected from the villa. Still liked the pools but room was terrible. Think where we stayed was indidually owned.