• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Brewster Green Rentals

Dougc

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Heard from an employee @ Brewster Green that internal exchanges are no longer available to owners.

We were told that the resort has made a million dollar deal with an outside entity to rent all the resort owned weeks.

We are looking at buying a week, but the lack of flexibility seems to have put a damper on our enthusiasm.

How has this effected current owners?

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Brewster Green area is beautiful this week

Not responsive, but FWIW, Route 6A from Brewster to Barnstable is gorgeous this week...cherry trees and other trees in full bloom, forsythia swinging by its peak, daffodils & jonquils in bloom (as are the dandelions). And the seafood in the area is as good as ever.

If this sounds attractive, BG has this week for resale for $1000, with about $700/year maintenance fee, I'm told.

The units are large, comfortable, well-equipped, and attractive...though some of the exterior woodwork could benefit from painting and maintenance attention. Master BR is very comfortable.

The locals just told me that the place they all go to for fried clams, etc., is Kream n Kone. We will give that a try tomorrow. In the meantime, Sir Cricket in Orleans has served us well.

If I get a chance, I will ask about internal trades.

My wife wants to come back in another May.

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
If the attached is any indication of the number of summer intervals that the Association owns, the value of an internal exchange program using Association owned weeks was probably limited at best. Off season rentals are a dime a dozen.

Direct owner to owner exchanges seems like it would be something, but if I owned a summer week at Brewster Green (something I've contemplated) I would never give it up for internal exchange with another owner. I'd rent it to family or friends.

Have you spoken with Michelle about this change? Her # is on the flyer below

attachment.php

Attachments

• BG-resales.jpg
    BG-resales.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 98

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If you are an RCI member, Brewter Green has lot of available weeks for exchange or extra vacations,sometimes they slash TPU. Unless I was going to use it myself I would not buy a summer week. We just returned from a visit there in April. We plan to go back, but not every year.
TerryC

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Forget Kreme and Cone, drive east on 6A and go to Chapins, better food and a wait staff for not much more.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I agree with Joe33426 buy a resale. There may be more available, I saw this list in April when I was there. Also, VRI is the owner of Brewster Green, they have a exchange program that offers rentals to owners of any of their affiliated resorts at a discounted fee. We own at Holly Tree which is a VRI resort too. We used RCI to exchange, for Brewster Green, we needed an off season week in April it was nice there. I cant imagine them not having internal exchanges anymore, maybe just the summer weeks? We were told that about Holly Tree, we can do internal exchange, just not a summer week.
silentg