• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New HGVC Owner!

heatherf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone - we closed on our 5000 HGVC points (resale through Samuel Rodriguez! woo woo) and I am booking our first week in Orlando - Parc Soleil (we own the Strip).

Few questions:

(1) I plan to book my week now for April 2015 and then when it is Open Season can I add nights on to my booked week? Does it just depend if days are available? And then you just pay cash and add a few days on to beginning or end?

(2) Do owners get "better" units then those they give to those who are there on VIP or the specials? Can you request a unit? Not sure best spots in Parc Soleil?

(3) How is a 2 bedroom PLUS different/better than a 2 bedroom? Does it depend on the resort whether its worth the extra points? How about in Parc Soleil? Better view?

(We stayed in HGVC Orlando 2x at Tuscany - we loved it there. Parc Soleil looks alot bigger. We wanted to try something new.
Our kids are 5 and 8)

(4) Why can't you book Mexico on the website? Is it hard to do over the phone?

(5) Once I book the Orlando week and pay the fee - can I then change the dates online whenever (if I need to) for free?

Thanks!!!

jsparents

Reaction score
I will only answer the questions I have personal knowledge on. I stayed at SeaWorld in June with my 8 and 5 year old. I have not stayed at Parc Soleil, but went to owners update there.

1. You can book open season 30 days out. The only risk you run is if the time is available.

2. I have heard owners get better units vs RCI. I am not sure about VIP packages. You can always call and request a location or building, but there are no guarantees.

3. A Plus unit is usually with a view or a higher floor. Example would be an ocean view for a plus and ocean front for a premier. At Parc Soleil, I have heard a plus usually faces Disney and you can see the fireworks in the distance. I believe Park Soleil has the best pool in Orlando as it is zero entry and is the only HGVC with a water slide. The only drawback to me is that Parc Soleil looks more like a high rise hotel vs other HGVC resorts that have numerous buildings with only a few levels.

5. I have had to change my reservations a few times. I have called every time so I could speak with someone. I was not charged, but lost my initial fee paid to consolidate two reservations (2 bdrm & studio) to a 3 bdrm.

These are my opinions and experiences. I hope they help. Stay in touch with this website and you will learn the system to use to your advantage.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I believe it is because those are affiliate resorts, like Club Intrawest. I was told we couldn't book Club Intrawest online because the Hilton website doesn't work with Club Intrawest's site in actual time. It would make sense that Festiva would have the same issue.

Not hard to do on the phone. The Hilton reps are great and very helpful about room types and locations. Just remember when you book over the phone, you need to pay for a changeable reservation if you there is a chance that you will need to change your reservation at any point. Otherwise, you lose the booking fee and have to pay a reservation fee again.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana

The registration computers for Fiesta Americana in Mexico have been closed down for members for some time, so everyone has to book by phone. The registration people aver very nice and very helpful so it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone - we closed on our 5000 HGVC points (resale through Samuel Rodriguez! woo woo) and I am booking our first week in Orlando - Parc Soleil (we own the Strip).

:banana::banana: Just wanted to say congrats Heather!! whoo hooo :banana::banana:

We are recent HGVC owners as well and just enjoyed our first trip and RCI exchange in Kauai.
It was fantastic!

heatherf

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you!

Thanks everyone! This site has been so incredibly helpful and saved us $20,000+
Not too shabby :)
Very excited to be owners.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
(2) Do owners get "better" units then those they give to those who are there on VIP or the specials? Can you request a unit? Not sure best spots in Parc Soleil?

(We stayed in HGVC Orlando 2x at Tuscany - we loved it there. Parc Soleil looks alot bigger. We wanted to try something new.
Our kids are 5 and 8)

Yes HGVC will put an owner in a better unit.
I've never gotten a bad view at Parc Soleil. I have been 3 times.
My friends stayed on a "tour" package and got a low floor facing the parking lot.
I faced the pool on the same stay as an owner.

Not sure if it's bigger than Tuscany. It may have more land but Tuscany is fully developed.
Once they finish the resort then it may well be bigger than Tuscany.
I own at Tuscany too. Very different feel to Parc Soleil than Tuscany.
I love the parking garage as parking is a pain at Tuscany.
Haven't had a problem yet with the parking garages.

The pool is great. The kids will love the slide.
It's very resort like with the steel drum band playing and it's great having the restaurant right there next to the pool.
Doesn't feel like you are in Orlando. :D

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I believe Park Soleil has the best pool in Orlando as it is zero entry and is the only HGVC with a water slide. The only drawback to me is that Parc Soleil looks more like a high rise hotel vs other HGVC resorts that have numerous buildings with only a few levels.

We stayed there about four years ago, and my kids (7 and 5 at the time, loved the pool and slide).

The tower was a drawback however, when the fire alarm went off at 11 p.m. and we had to get the kids down 8 flights of stairs to evacuate the building (someone had set it off frying chicken in their room).

oldsntnick

Reaction score
I have stayed at Parc Soleil - very nice place. When we went a couple years ago, there was still construction. But the units were great with the exception that they built the towers about 1000 miles from anywhere interesting (exaggeration, but definitely no walkable destinations).

As for the open season, my guess is there will be lots of availability - based on the fact that most Hilton clubs that are in lower demand places are rarely sold out. But it is a risk - might be better to borrow against the next year's points.

Congrats on the purchase - I wish I had bought a resale - would have saved me $15k!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
(5) Once I book the Orlando week and pay the fee - can I then change the dates online whenever (if I need to) for free?

Technically:
If you book online, you can only change it online (and its free).
If you book by phone, it's only changeable if you paid a changeable-fee.

The call center may refuse help you change an online booking.
The resort staff may say they cannot change a booking for you.
But sometimes, a CSR will bend the rules and help you anyway.

<clear as mud?>

nlehvac

Reaction score
:banana::banana: Just wanted to say congrats Heather!! whoo hooo :banana::banana:

We are recent HGVC owners as well and just enjoyed our first trip and RCI exchange in Kauai.
It was fantastic!

Where did you exchange to with RCI in Kauai? I'm trying to convince my husband we have to get there before he even THINKS about dreaming about a house on the Big Island [don't ask !]

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score

nlehvac

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Both about where you stayed and where you'd "buy." I'd certainly say that for a last minute find, you did very well !!!