• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How much is too much??? [Grandview at Las Vegas]

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I have seen many sales for the Grandview at Las Vegas 120000 RCI points free to the buyer except the price they bid on it and $100.00 for the RCI cost if your already a member.... the last one went for a little over $3000.00... I already own a smaller Grandview.... and its NOT the money.... just wondering if people on here think this is a good way to get lots of points for not that much money??? the yearly fees are 700,00 thoughts??? :confused:

Dave did I say I LOVE TIMESHARING :)))))) :banana:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
It's the points to maintenance fees ratio. Either pay a lot upfront for lower annual fees or get it for next to nothing and have higher annual fees.

Sent from Tapatalk

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For grandview, they also have a home group booking that gives you access at 11 months out before the 9 month booking window to book at their affiliates which is nice for getting those snowbirds weeks at golden strand and palm beach shores

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For grandview, they also have a home group booking that gives you access at 11 months out before the 9 month booking window to book at their affiliates which is nice for getting those snowbirds weeks at golden strand and palm beach shores
do you get a discounted fee when you book something from your home group booking? do you do that through RCI or Grandview? Dave

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's the points to maintenance fees ratio. Either pay a lot upfront for lower annual fees or get it for next to nothing and have higher annual fees.

Sent from Tapatalk

Well, I jumped... I got 120000 RCI yearly Grandview 699.00 a year right now... all paid except $100.00 to RCI to have it put to my account.... $2800.00 call me dumb if you want.... but I don't think its that bad..... I bought it through
GO Properties Service LLC.....

thanks for the input :) Dave....

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call you dumb at all. That's a great point/MF ratio. You'll get many great vacations from this.

Good on ya.

Jim

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wouldn't call you dumb at all. That's a great point/MF ratio. You'll get many great vacations from this.

Good on ya.

Jim
Thanks Jim!!! I now hope GO Properties is fast.... Sent everything today...

Dave
:banana:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
well, very interesting.... 38 minutes left on an auction in ebay for the same thing 120000 RCI points Grandview.... points next year just like mine.... its up to 3749.00 $850 more then what I paid.... I am interested to see how the final bid guys do at the end.... maybe it will end up being more then 1000.00 more then I paid.... then I know for sure I did GOOD.... Go Properties contacted me, said they got the money and were sending in the paperwork.... Dave

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stupid Stupid Stupid Me!!!

I won that auction. I was so mad because some clown kept on bidding the auction up and up. I finally gave up and went through a sniper. I know I should have done that from the beginning but I never expected this guy to up the bid so fast. I put in a high Auto-bid number and don't you know he bid until he reached it. IThe auction went from $800 to $3000 in a heartbeat. Stupid, Stupid Me. I should have looked at other Grandview auctions because he did the same in one of those for an every/other year that went for $3500.

I'm glad its over. I wish I was a smarter person and not put in an automatic bid for so much money. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID ME!!!

But now it's mine.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won that auction. I was so mad because some clown kept on bidding the auction up and up. I finally gave up and went through a sniper. I know I should have done that from the beginning but I never expected this guy to up the bid so fast. I put in a high Auto-bid number and don't you know he bid until he reached it. IThe auction went from $800 to $3000 in a heartbeat. Stupid, Stupid Me. I should have looked at other Grandview auctions because he did the same in one of those for an every/other year that went for $3500.

I'm glad its over. I wish I was a smarter person and not put in an automatic bid for so much money. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID ME!!!

But now it's mine.

Can anyone say, "shill bidder?" At least you have a lesson learned... Now go enjoy your new purchase...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score

But now it's mine.

Can we get the name of the seller so that all of us are forewarned in future dealings?

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can we get the name of the seller so that all of us are forewarned in future dealings?

I have been working with this seller for a long time and I don't believe the guy was a shill. I think he's someone who compulsively bids on something he wants, wait that describes me too!

This is my third timeshare from this seller and I'm confident he wouldn't use a shill. I've gotten a couple of great deals from him on Marriott timeshares in the past. I can't blame him for me putting in such a high auto-bid

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

But now it's mine.

I am sorry you ended paying so much! you at least have the integrity to pay what you got the bid for... alot would abandon ship... I was just really lucky with my dealings and received notice today that my Deed and Affidavits were recorded and sent to Resort Accounting (Daily Mngt.) for their transfer.... then on to RCI..... which I KNOW from experience it can take months for them to get off their... butts to get this done.... all in all like someone had posted before you either pay high upfront for a low MF or really low upfront for a higher MF.... hope you enjoy all the points... I CAN'T wait.... Dave:whoopie:

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
do you get a discounted fee when you book something from your home group booking? do you do that through RCI or Grandview? Dave

No discount fee for home group booking, still $159 fee. It's done via RCI.

Just select "Home Reservations" on the exchange screen.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have looked at a lot of ebay bid history since year 2000, not just timeshares, and it seems that a lot of bidders don't know how ebay bidding system functions.

Apparently they think that whatever they bid always indexes the bid that high, so they bid in small increments, sometimes about 25 times.

If there are other bidders, most likely sniping will save you money.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have looked at a lot of ebay bid history since year 2000, not just timeshares, and it seems that a lot of bidders don't know how ebay bidding system functions.

Apparently they think that whatever they bid always indexes the bid that high, so they bid in small increments, sometimes about 25 times.

If there are other bidders, most likely sniping will save you money.

I thought I could do it myself. Never again, I'm sticking to sniping.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I snipe ... I set my limit early, set a snipe and LOG OFF EBAY! Either I get it at my price limit or less OR I don't ... But I don't get caught up in either a shill bidding war OR some idiot who has more money than brains.

There is ALWAYS another equal or BETTER timeshare deal .... trust me!

I still love my 1,000,000 Royal Vista deeded points for $1,050 including closing costs. Snipe, snipe and snipe again.....

(PS That is a $200K+ developer purchase that someone brought from Wyndham).

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought I could do it myself. Never again, I'm sticking to sniping.

when I bid.... which I also hate to do I also use snipe.... set the amount I am willing to go to and that's that..... that way I am NOT watching and getting caught up in the auction... anyways Icydog, I have NEVER actually stayed at the Grandview in Las Vegas.... last year we stayed at Tahiti Village.... I bought both these Grandviews just for the trading ability of them.... I am going to give away the Florida one after I get the points next year.... I am sure you can't wait to use the points either.... 122000 points is a boat load!!! you will get LOTS of fantastic vacations with that! With my other Grandview 61000 I get 181000 points a year for around $1000.00 thats .5524 cents a point... Dave :banana:

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
But now it's mine.
If you really want to you can back out of it. eBay auctions for real estate are nonbinding.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non-binding-bid.html
So you can contact the seller and explain that you didn't really want to pay that much and give him another number. Be willing to walk away from the deal if you go that route but you might also get to buy at your lower offer. It's worth a try, IMO. Just keep in mind that if you bargain-hunt you might make enemies. People don't like selling things for less than they think it's worth.

In the future, remember you can negotiate before the auction too. I bought my Carlsbad Inn week by simply offering the ebay seller what I wanted to pay. He accepted and we had a deal - no auction. No need to snipe or worry about other bidders, just swooped in there before it got hot.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you really want to you can back out of it. eBay auctions for real estate are nonbinding.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non-binding-bid.html
So you can contact the seller and explain that you didn't really want to pay that much and give him another number. Be willing to walk away from the deal if you go that route but you might also get to buy at your lower offer. It's worth a try, IMO. Just keep in mind that if you bargain-hunt you might make enemies. People don't like selling things for less than they think it's worth.

In the future, remember you can negotiate before the auction too. I bought my Carlsbad Inn week by simply offering the ebay seller what I wanted to pay. He accepted and we had a deal - no auction. No need to snipe or worry about other bidders, just swooped in there before it got hot.

I already backed on one deal with this seller when thought a two bedroom Marriott was a lockoff and it wasn't. He was very very gracious about that mistake and I don't want to do it again. I like him. I made the deal I am going to honor it.

Okies

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge, Sheraton Desert Oasis
I made the deal I am going to honor it.

Good on you I.dog. Says a lot about you.

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Jim!!! I now hope GO Properties is fast.... Sent everything today...

Dave
:banana:

:banana::banana:**UPDATE**

I got an email today from Go Properties: Hi Dave,
I called Resort Accounting Services and the Grandview unit has been transferred into your name. Attached is the Deed and recorded POA. A copy of these documents, a check for the fee and the RCI paperwork have been sent to RCI for their transfer. RCI will contact you when this is completed.
Thanks,
Eric

I could not be happier with how quick this went through.... NOW I know from past experience that RCI can take forever..... any way to get them to move on this quicker??? Go Properties REALLY HELD UP THEIR END OF THE DEAL!!

Dave :whoopie:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Wow that was very fast! Congrats!

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah! It took 15 days for them to send it in and get it transferred to our name.... Now comes the grind.,,,, RCI..........