• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great way Services and Notary public

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from Greatway services telling us we need to sign a POA/corrective document and have if notorized for a resale we won on ebay for a Wyndham property located in Florida.

Is this all new as we have purchased resales in the past also in Florida and have never had to do this before ?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A corrective document corrects an error in the original deed.

Is this sale still in process, or is it complete?

Was Greatway Services involved in the original transaction?

If not - it may just be a scam - you need to contact the original closing company.

Last edited:

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was a Sumday Vacations ebay auction and they are using Greatway as the closing service

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This was a Sumday Vacations ebay auction and they are using Greatway as the closing service

So the purchase is NOT complete? Have you already signed another contract?

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
I electronically signed a Timeshare Resale Agrrement with Sumday and then I just received this from GreatWay . I sent them an email telling them that the ebay ad stated all closing and transfer services for $298, which I paid so,why should I pay for a notary as this will cost more money for the closing fees

Correction Agreement Limited Power of Attorney
On ___________ _______, 20____ the undersigned buyer(s), for and in consideration of the approval, closing, and payment of their property, hereby appoint Josh Brown as closing agent and/or GreatWay Services Co, LLC as limited power of attorney to facilitate documents on behalf of all of the closing documentation required to be executed by the undersigned at closing. In the event this limited power of attorney is exercised, the undersigned will be notified and will receive a copy of the document executed or initialed on their behalf.
This limited power of attorney may not be used to increase the undersigned’s price, change property for a less valuable property in the undersigned’s name, or increase outstanding balance due by the undersigned.
This limited power of attorney shall automatically terminate 120 days from the closing date of the undersigned’s property.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned have executed the limited power of attorney as date and year first above referenced.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Howzzat ???

Just got an email from Greatway services telling us we need to sign a POA/corrective document and have if notorized for a resale we won on ebay for a Wyndham property located in Florida.

If the existing deed contains error(s) that need to be corrected, I fail to comprehend how / why you (..as the buyer) would have any involvement, responsibility or, for that matter, legal standing in getting that error corrected prior to a transfer of ownership. I admittedly also fail to comprehend why a closing company possibly needs PoA from you, as the buyer.

It's your call and your decision, but I would probably be inclined to tell this seller "get back to me when you have any existing deed errors corrected and recorded and are prepared to proceed with a clean, straightforward "seller to buyer" transaction. YMMV.

That being said, notary services for documents are generally minimal cost (even free, for customers at many banks), so I wouldn't get too hung up on this minor detail. I'd be more concerned about the others issues already mentioned.

P.S. If this is a Wyndham transfer, then there is a $299 transfer fee, separate and apart from other closing costs. Have you ascertained who is paying that tab?

Last edited:

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an estoppel with Wyndham at the top, showing the sellers name, but I cannot locate a deed at all with their names on it when I search the public county records.

Bill4728

Reaction score
It doesn't appear to me that there is any corrective documents going on. The closing company want them to sign a POA so that the POA can sign all the needed docs for the closing.
the undersigned buyer(s), for and in consideration of the approval, closing, and payment of their property, hereby appoint Josh Brown as closing agent and/or GreatWay Services Co, LLC as limited power of attorney to facilitate documents on behalf of all of the closing documentation required to be executed by the undersigned at closing. In the event this limited power of attorney is exercised, the undersigned will be notified and will receive a copy of the document executed or initialed on their behalf.
This limited power of attorney may not be used to increase the undersigned’s price, change property for a less valuable property in the undersigned’s name, or increase outstanding balance due by the undersigned.
This limited power of attorney shall automatically terminate 120 days from the closing date of the undersigned’s property.
Personally I would like to sign the docs myself and not have this guy sign them for me BUT I can understand that signing one POA means not having to FedEx the docs back and forth between the buyer and the closing company.

My banks have a notary which does it for me for free. Have you checked with your banks?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Most sellers don't FEDEX Docs any more - they simply email them.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is not a deed correction. This is a limited power of attorney in case the recorded deed needs to be corrected within 120 days. It lessens the time spent going back and forth on a potential clerical change.

I understand the trepidation in authorizing it, but Sumday is top notch on making in right it the end so I personally do not believe there is any risk.

I experienced a deed correction first hand with Sumday/GreatWay after I had authorized the limited POA. There was a unit number error where I thought from the listing it was a 2BR. The deed came back and it was a unit number for a 1BR. I asked for half the money back and Sumday did not hesitate. I am pretty sure they would have given me the full amount back but half was fair. It turns out the unit number really was what I thought from the original listing and the deed needed to be corrected.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It doesn't appear to me that there is any corrective documents going on. The closing company want them to sign a POA so that the POA can sign all the needed docs for the closing.

In my experience I signed the original paperwork. The POA only came into play when a correction was needed on the newly recorded deed.

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
Company response

Is this all new as we have purchased resales in the past also in Florida and have never had to do this before ?

Dear schiff1997,

The POA/Corrective document that Greatway is asking you to sign allows them to correct clerical or scrivener errors without spending additional time collecting signatures from the seller or buyer.

For instance, let's say the Wyndham deed originally read: 77,000 points in units 1401, 1402 & 1403.

But, Sumday or Greatway messed up and typed it as: 77,000 points in units 1401, 1402 & 1404.

The POA/Corrective document allows them to re-record and correct the mis-typed unit number, it does not allow them to change what you materially purchased as the 77,000 points did not change.

If you've purchased a house recently, all title companies require a POA/Corrective document to be signed as standard practice, this is the same type of document and it has a limited scope to ensure that you get what you paid for in a prompt and timely manner.

As for the Florida portion of your response, there have been recent law changes in Florida that require us to use a licensed title company to conduct a closing for Florida property transfers. This might be why you didn't see this before....or your prior purchase was done without regard for the new compliance laws.

You also made a comment about paying $298 for the closing and that doesn't cover the cost of a notary. We will gladly notarize it for you but that would mean you would have to come to our office. But, if you take the document to your bank they normally will notarize your signature without charge. If a $3-5 notary charge becomes an issue simply email me privately and I'll refund that from the price you paid Sumday Vacations.

This form and documents are not meant to burden you, they are simply a portion of the legalities that now have to be done when transferring a Florida property.

I hope this helps to answer your question, should you need additional information feel free to contact me directly at jeffbrown@sumdayvacations.com.

Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'm in the process of a closing with SumDay and Greatway. One of the docs you signed is an Affiliated Business Disclosure letting you know that Greatway and SumDay are owned by the same company.

As far as I know, SumDay is the only eBay seller letting you know this. Their honesty and upfront information is another reason I will buy from them again.

If this name comes up again in a question here let it be know that this is SumDay's in house closing company.

I was not willing to send my SSAN to them but did send a copy of my drivers license for each person on the deed.

With the new national security laws, deed transfer companies have to have positive identification from the people they are dealing with so the DL was not a problem for me.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear schiff1997,

The POA/Corrective document that Greatway is asking you to sign allows them to correct clerical or scrivener errors without spending additional time collecting signatures from the seller or buyer.

For instance, let's say the Wyndham deed originally read: 77,000 points in units 1401, 1402 & 1403.

But, Sumday or Greatway messed up and typed it as: 77,000 points in units 1401, 1402 & 1404.

The POA/Corrective document allows them to re-record and correct the mis-typed unit number, it does not allow them to change what you materially purchased as the 77,000 points did not change.

If you've purchased a house recently, all title companies require a POA/Corrective document to be signed as standard practice, this is the same type of document and it has a limited scope to ensure that you get what you paid for in a prompt and timely manner.

As for the Florida portion of your response, there have been recent law changes in Florida that require us to use a licensed title company to conduct a closing for Florida property transfers. This might be why you didn't see this before....or your prior purchase was done without regard for the new compliance laws.

You also made a comment about paying $298 for the closing and that doesn't cover the cost of a notary. We will gladly notarize it for you but that would mean you would have to come to our office. But, if you take the document to your bank they normally will notarize your signature without charge. If a $3-5 notary charge becomes an issue simply email me privately and I'll refund that from the price you paid Sumday Vacations.

This form and documents are not meant to burden you, they are simply a portion of the legalities that now have to be done when transferring a Florida property.

I hope this helps to answer your question, should you need additional information feel free to contact me directly at jeffbrown@sumdayvacations.com.

Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations

Thank you Jeff for the clarification . The words Corrective Document and Power of Attorney in the same sentence was a huge concern. Also Paperwork requiring a Notary signature in Canada at least Ontario where we live can pretty much only be done by a lawyer so this does mean extra dollars . Also I am sure they will question the document as lawyers will do. I haven't bought a resale in about 3 or 4 years so I am sure the method of closing has changed .

I will not though include an SSN number as I don't have one and also we already sent drivers license copies to Sumday so I am not sure why we have to do it again.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At this point, may I gently recommend that your correspond directly with Jeff? If you don't have his email, you can send it by clicking on his blue user name.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
For any who may later read this thread, I had this exact thing occur for a purchase I made from Sumday/Greatway.

There was an error in the deed (contract) number that no one (including myself) discovered until it was at Wyndham. Having the POA on file allowed Josh at Greatway to file the paperwork for the deed correction directly. It was a great help and expedited things by several weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Jeff for the clarification . ...

I will not though include an SSN number as I don't have one and also we already sent drivers license copies to Sumday so I am not sure why we have to do it again.

One submission of DL suffices (I called Josh at Greatway for clarification on my recent purchase). I think the POA DL request is redundant with the request for emailed copies and may be a holdover from a previous process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk