• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Would you sell your timeshare like this? Or is this a scam?

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used a try it before you buy it and have rented and sold a few that way but I did not give away a free vacation. I have sold about 5 ownerships in a little over one year and have about broken even on those bought 323 to 7 years ago.

That gives me the control instead of a 3rd party realator to response asap and accurately to inquiries, way faster compared to some realators.

Buy doing it myself I know I it is easier to avoid misunderstandings between 2 people than when more than two are involved.

I also know most of my resort and it usage rights better than 99% sales outfits do.

Some sales outfits make it hard to exchange info and are bottlenecks. I dislike typing and ask people to call me direct to discuss a rental or sale so we both can get a feel for each other and I find it simpler to answer questions and ask questions over the phone than by emailing.

Another problem can be with third party rentals that the realtor could rent it out to someone who may cause :eek: :( damage and your friend would most likely be liable for the damages seeing he is the owner of record. That could cost your friend thousands of dollars

Unless your friend gets a large upfront security deposit he IMHO should walk away from this rental-sale deal. If the realtor has buyer that is legit then a large upfront security deposit should pose no problem.

A lot of third party rentals are mostly smoke and mirrors and have no substance. Did your friend do a Google search of the realtor and another one for his company?

It sounds like your friend will still own the cow while after feeding it it's maintenance fees and the realtor gets free milk and your friend risks having to pay additional fees to clean up any thrashing than went on.

There are to many alarms bells connected to this deal.

Bruce :D

Last edited: