• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Don't need to be an owner to get Getaway Weeks - Skyauction

jl2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove At Yarmouth
I was emailed a link to Skyaution (I have used them before) where they offered $249 7 day vacation vouchers good at hundreds of resorts. These resorts turn out to be timeshares. Mine is listed, and so are many others. Is this a new trend where the public gets to vacation cheaper then the actual owners? Not so great I think.. thoughts?

Here is the initial link:
http://www.skyauction.com/anyoffer/105861?adref=EM080211CERT

Here is the link where you can check availability of the properties:
http://www.resortcerts.com/

Last edited:

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the same email from RCI. I checked and my resort is also on the list.

Suzanne

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This isn't new at all. It's been around for at least three years, maybe longer. ANother source is extraholidays.com

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
SkyAuction is one of the original RCI outlets for rentals to the general public. They have been doing it for years.

I remember when the issue was first brought up on TUG and some of the usual suspects of RCI defenders first said it could simply not be RCI doing it and ''RCI bashers'' were just trying to defame RCI. One, who still regularly defends RCI on these boards, even said there was ONE GUY who owned A LOT of timeshare weeks who was responsible for the SkyAuction weeks. Then some Tuggers started getting these weeks for themselves, and they all received standard RCI confirmations. That settled the issue as to where they were coming from. Resorts also received the standard RCI inbound report for each of the SkyAuction rentals. That was all pretty well settled some years back, and the situation has not changed. Of course, a lot more RCI rental to the public sites have been identified since.

Sometimes the SkyAuction price is less than what RCI charges its dues paying members for rentals.

This is just one more way that RCI is undermining the timeshare industry for its own short term benefit.