• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free hospitality requests and offers - members only

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
We are rather out of the way on the coast of NC but we have a full large guest suite that is fully equipped with private entrance and full kitchen waterfront.
Near Camp Lejuene Marine Base.

Thank you, sent a PM.

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
10/12 and 10/13- Southern CA

Hi,

4 of us need a place to go for a couple of nights in October. Flights are hard to come by and expensive on Sunday so thought we might extend a couple of days. We will be in Escondido and wanted to stay close to the beach for two nights.

Does anyone have any suggestion for where we should go for a couple of extra days? We do not like hotels if we can avoid it.

SunLover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love this idea Denise. Will the Forum be in Bargain Deals or will you create a new forum title? I would hope for another title.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Love this idea Denise. Will the Forum be in Bargain Deals or will you create a new forum title? I would hope for another title.

It won't have it's own forum - it's a sticky in Bargain Deals (and you just posted in the thread.)

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Visiting Philadelphia

Late September or October 2014

Need a night or two for 2 adults.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
So how does this differ from 'CouchSurfing' https://www.couchsurfing.org/ or 'Bed 'n' Breakfast' https://www.airbnb.com/?

Those outfits are specifically set up and have networks in place to link people who need casual lodging with those willing to provide it. Does TUG REALLY need to try to fill this niche too?

Just curious....

Jim

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So how does this differ from 'CouchSurfing' https://www.couchsurfing.org/ or 'Bed 'n' Breakfast' https://www.airbnb.com/?

Those outfits are specifically set up and have networks in place to link people who need casual lodging with those willing to provide it. Does TUG REALLY need to try to fill this niche too?

Just curious....

Jim

In my case I was offered a place to stay by another member for no charge. It didn't work for me so even though I was very grateful for the offer, I could not make it work for my plans.

I don't think you'll find anything free on those other stites but I could be wrong.

I couldn't get couch surfing to load so I'm not sure how it works.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had successful matches of people having an extra night or two in a timeshare as well as in homes. Also, many of us enjoy meeting other Tuggers. This is much more like a Hospitality Club than Airbandb which is profit driven.

If someone wants to offer a bedroom, we always recommend using the PM system. Just another avenue to help fellow Tuggers.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
if anyone has an extra night or two at Christmas Mountain between Aug 1 and aug 10, I could use it.

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have in or around San Diego for August 16th - August 18th?

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have had successful matches of people having an extra night or two in a timeshare as well as in homes. Also, many of us enjoy meeting other Tuggers. This is much more like a Hospitality Club than Airbandb which is profit driven.

If someone wants to offer a bedroom, we always recommend using the PM system. Just another avenue to help fellow Tuggers.

It was you who offered me a room that unfortunately I couldn't use, I thank you again.

I constantly check here to see If I can help someone out but I'm afraid in most cases it's a long shot.

Plumberty1

Reaction score
[Deleted: please see notes below]

[Deleted: Rentals are not permitted here. See the rules posted in the first post.]

1. All offers and requests must be completely free.

Last edited by a moderator:

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)
Hilton Head 3/10-3/13/16

I know this is a long shot, but I need two to three nights in Hilton Head. I'm already going to my nieces wedding and am staying on the island 3/13-3/20, but a friend from Europe let me know she was going to be on HHI from 3/5-3/12. We will miss each other by one day! Here's hoping someone can help out-- though any suggestions for inexpensive options would be appreciated as well.

paulgamla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
San Luis Bay Inn
First tug post from paulgamla need Vegas one night

This is something new that we are trying.

Here are the rules:

All offers and requests must be completely free.
All negotiations should take place privately for privacy and security.
Only TUG members may participate.
Do not post your phone number.

The post should include the city, dates/timeframe offered, type of accommodations, contact info.

:hi: Tugger with two gals in tow on way to Sundance to Volunteer for the Film Festival needs stopover night in Vegas on Monday January 18 3 beds

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
In a year, there have only been about a dozen offers/requests, so I would say that this has not really been a hit on TUG.

*Just to clarify - this thread is only for offers/requests for free hospitality - more info. at the top of the thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is that 'free hospitality' the left over days from a time share or at someones private home who wish to function like a "couch surfer" type thing?

I don't think I'll be doing the college couch crashing / following a band on tour thing, again, anytime too soon... but ya never know.

we of course often times have made both of the above available to other, so I'm not surprised if other Kind folks do the same.

TrojanRickus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
SDO
WKV
Carlsbad Area April 2nd

We are supposed to check on April 3rd but would love to be there on the Second for our owners meeting/celebration. It is just my wife, myself and my 4 year old. Also, looking into resort time with the site we own at.

thank you.

nativesun1979

TUG Member
Reaction score
Las Vegas 6/3-6/5

Accommodations Needed: Las Vegas - 2 people - Friday June 3 through Sunday June 5

We are looking for a timeshare for 2 nights for 2 people. Please contact me by clicking on my blue user name and sending me a message.

CarlosR2004

Reaction score
Birthday gift

[Please note that is thread is for members only.]

Last edited by a moderator:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I just noticed this sticky, is it still active?

akdrc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two weeknights, middle of March, in Portland. Longshot and quiet thread, but you never know..... :)

Drtiger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Accommodations Needed: Las Vegas - 2 people - april. 28:thumbup:

We are looking for a private bedroom, or timeshare for 1 night for 2 people. Please contact me by clicking on my blue user name and sending me a message.