• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Margaritaville Timeshare St Thomas

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Very interesting - thanks for posting this. Will be curious to see points requirements and access restrictions when they come out.

Best,

Greg

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Finally, they have been sitting on this property for some time. They were going to start it a few years ago. But with the economy they put on the brakes.

Nice to see a theme Margaritaville.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting that they are promising to try and track down the people who used to work at the hotel....five years ago. I certainly hope that many of those former employees have already found work.

Still, even if it's window dressing, it's nice window dressing....

Jimmy Buffet is one hell of a businessman. Every person who gets more than 1 top ten hit should take business classes fron him.

I can only begin to imagine the possibilities...

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Holy heck!!! Love Buffett - have traveled all over hitting Margaritavilles and concerts for years. We took our one and only trip to St. Thomas a few years ago, liked it, and intended to go back. Well....we definitely will be going back now. Can't wait for this to open! Don't know what prices will be like but oh boy......it would be tempting.

Bruce W

TUG Member
Reaction score
One more for you to sample soon.

Holy heck!!! Love Buffett - have traveled all over hitting Margaritavilles and concerts for years. We took our one and only trip to St. Thomas a few years ago, liked it, and intended to go back. Well....we definitely will be going back now. Can't wait for this to open! Don't know what prices will be like but oh boy......it would be tempting.

http://www.margaritavilleatlanticcity.com/press-release.html

madduag

Reaction score

Jan, like you, wherever we travel we always hit up Margaritaville if close by. We are set to go to St John next year and I was hoping all the construction would be done but it doesn't look like it. Guess we will have to go back sometime.

We have been to St Barth and as a fan you probably are well aware this is JB home away from home. What a beautiful island that CAN be done on a budget!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maddaug,

Well now you will have a reason to head back the to VI's in 2015. It would be fun to meet up there!

We have not been to St. Barth but it's on our list - hopefully when JB is there but his travel plans are always elusive. LOL

We are planning to hit the two new M'villes in Australia later this year. Looking forward to that. Our plan is to hit every M'ville but not so sure about the ones in Jamaica. It's so crazy there that they might be the ones we miss. Will have to see.

Fins up!

Jan

Jan, like you, wherever we travel we always hit up Margaritaville if close by. We are set to go to St John next year and I was hoping all the construction would be done but it doesn't look like it. Guess we will have to go back sometime.

We have been to St Barth and as a fan you probably are well aware this is JB home away from home. What a beautiful island that CAN be done on a budget!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was just in St B's for NYE. JB was there with his yacht. He did go into town and sing at a local bar just past New Years.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
JB also owned a small hotel on St. Barth which burned down in the early 80's, Autor de Rocher, which he wrote a song about....of course! I believe David Letterman bought the property from him but nothing is built there yet. We will be heading back to St. B in May. It is our favorite island. Since there are no timeshares, we usually rent a small villa :whoopie:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand he is Warren Buffet's cousin and gets some business consultation from him.

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
I understand he is Warren Buffet's cousin and gets some business consultation from him.

Just finished reading a new Warren Buffet book called "Tap Dancing to Work".
The book describes the Warren and Jimmy relationship. While they know each other well and over the years have spent time together joking about the possibility of being related...a couple of years ago they under went DNA testing which proved conclusively that there is no family relationship...they remain friends.

bbb

madduag

Reaction score
Carolyn, Sandy wish I were in SB now!!

NYE St Barth, our friends went, we did not :bawl:

They saw Jimmy play at Baz and of course loved it. We all made the trip for Le Select 60th anniversary for the celebration with Jimmy and CR and had such a great time. Nothing tops that, except an impromptu performance of JB singing all my favorites. LOL

Autour is always on our list to visit. The views are amazing. I can't believe nothing has been built there, but happy that we can still go up there and toast to the ghosts of Autour.

We usually stay at Petit Morne when we first get to St Barth before a villa stay. Nothing fancy but amazing staff and fits our needs wonderfully.

St Barth is one of most favorite islands. Traveling all around the island, the hikes to untamed and beautiful beaches just can't be matched.

Jan, it would be fun to meet in Margaritaville St Thomas. I wish now I could get our friends to push this trip ahead to 2015 but I think we are set for next year. Don't think we will make it 2015. I know there is a wedding or 2 in our future by then.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finished reading a new Warren Buffet book called "Tap Dancing to Work".
The book describes the Warren and Jimmy relationship. While they know each other well and over the years have spent time together joking about the possibility of being related...a couple of years ago they under went DNA testing which proved conclusively that there is no family relationship...they remain friends.

bbb

Interesting. I'll have to tell my source. ;) What's funny is he's a broker, so should know a heck of a lot about Warren.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was fun to be a tradewinds yacht over New years, hanging out in Gustavia outer harbor. There were at least 600 boats in St Barts. It was really crazy fun.

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Carolyn, Sandy wish I were in SB now!!

NYE St Barth, our friends went, we did not :bawl:

They saw Jimmy play at Baz and of course loved it. We all made the trip for Le Select 60th anniversary for the celebration with Jimmy and CR and had such a great time. Nothing tops that, except an impromptu performance of JB singing all my favorites. LOL

Autour is always on our list to visit. The views are amazing. I can't believe nothing has been built there, but happy that we can still go up there and toast to the ghosts of Autour.

We usually stay at Petit Morne when we first get to St Barth before a villa stay. Nothing fancy but amazing staff and fits our needs wonderfully.

St Barth is one of most favorite islands. Traveling all around the island, the hikes to untamed and beautiful beaches just can't be matched.

Jan, it would be fun to meet in Margaritaville St Thomas. I wish now I could get our friends to push this trip ahead to 2015 but I think we are set for next year. Don't think we will make it 2015. I know there is a wedding or 2 in our future by then.

Love P'tit Morne. We have also spent some time there. Best value on the island for sure!

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
It was fun to be a tradewinds yacht over New years, hanging out in Gustavia outer harbor. There were at least 600 boats in St Barts. It was really crazy fun.

When we did the St. Martin Tradewinds Cruise, the Captain said it was too rough for the sale over to St. Barth. We were with another couple plus my son and DIL. We were so bummed because we kept telling them St. Barth was going to be the highlight of the trip :mad:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry to hear, we had good weather on NYE and the days around it. The wind did begin to howl some days later. It did pick up later in the week and we had to scrub Anguilla. Prickly Pear was way too rough to anchor overnight, we had to find shelter behind one of the other smaller islands.

I am sure the captain did was they thought was going to be comfortable. Sorry you did not get to go.

Sullco2

Reaction score
From Lawrence Welk to Jimmy Buffett

with Wayne Newton in between.

I think that covers the music icons in the timeshare business--although perhaps Dolly Parton did it too.

But I think it's interesting that Welk continues in business.

Wayne Newton had a failed venture in the Poconos decades ago--I remember seeing their sales room. It looked like a casting call for The Sopranos.

Buffett might do well, although I am a firm believer that St. Thomas is the Caribbean's least appealing destination. I always felt like I was in the middle fo a crime scene.

St. Bart's, on the other hand....but it's a budget buster.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very interesting - thanks for posting this. Will be curious to see points requirements and access restrictions when they come out.

Best,

Greg
yes, hopefully they will be reasonable points considering elysian and bbc's point totals, and the likely casual theme at Margaritaville.

Additionally, I forsee this being open to all wyndham owners via points. There isnt a single wyndham timeshare that has restrictions excluding points owners, even ones with only presidential reserve units. It really doesnt facilitate the system to take that route.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heres what Steve Holmes said about it in the recent earnings call

"The creative approaches adopted by WVO are not limited to inventory procurement. As you know, marketing and tour generation is the lifeblood of the timeshare business. In this regard, we have some great long-term marketing affiliation partners, and we are pleased to add another to the mix. We have entered into a relationship with Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffett's lifestyle brand to create MARGARITAVILLE VACATION CLUB by Wyndham. The demographics of his customer base is a great match for our product, and we will have Margaritaville resorts starting with the conversion of a 34-acre property we control in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. This represents a great new source of owners for WVO."

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heres what Steve Holmes said about it in the recent earnings call

"The creative approaches adopted by WVO are not limited to inventory procurement. As you know, marketing and tour generation is the lifeblood of the timeshare business. In this regard, we have some great long-term marketing affiliation partners, and we are pleased to add another to the mix. We have entered into a relationship with Margaritaville, Jimmy Buffett's lifestyle brand to create MARGARITAVILLE VACATION CLUB by Wyndham. The demographics of his customer base is a great match for our product, and we will have Margaritaville resorts starting with the conversion of a 34-acre property we control in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. This represents a great new source of owners for WVO."
thanks for posting this and affirming my suspicion. And to you too Amycurl.

From amycurls link:

"Rather than a traditional timeshare system, in which owners have a deed for a set number of weeks per year for a specific unit, owners can purchase points, which can be used at any of the Wyndham's timeshare properties."

Looking forward to cheeseburgers in paradise.

Last edited: