• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Select Exchange Getaways

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
This post is sort of a warning about so-called Elite benefits that are advertised but do not really exist. Members who had attained the Elite Plus or Elite Premier status are offered Elite Select Exchange Getaways. The problem is that whenever I request such a Getaway, none are available. This has been going on for three years. I have enjoyed my HGVC membership and this glitch will not stop me from exchanging elsewhere. However, I consider promoting this benefit to be a form of false advertising. The benefit is not real if the exchanges are never available. I have learned from the school of hard knocks that the savings of purchasing resale far exceed the value of the so called Elite benefits.

janckenn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Grand Waikikian x1
HGVC West 57th Street x2,
HGVC Flamingo x2,
HC The District x1
HGVC member since 2007
I was sent an e-mail from HGVC in March to let me know that I could book the Myrtle Beach property in March and April as an Elite perk. Unfortunately too busy to do so on such short notice. I thought that was a nice perk, but for summer reservations I have to wait just like everyone else.

Aquaman55

TUG Member
Reaction score
This post is sort of a warning about so-called Elite benefits that are advertised but do not really exist. Members who had attained the Elite Plus or Elite Premier status are offered Elite Select Exchange Getaways. The problem is that whenever I request such a Getaway, none are available. This has been going on for three years. I have enjoyed my HGVC membership and this glitch will not stop me from exchanging elsewhere. However, I consider promoting this benefit to be a form of false advertising. The benefit is not real if the exchanges are never available. I have learned from the school of hard knocks that the savings of purchasing resale far exceed the value of the so called Elite benefits.

One nice Elite Plus perk is the ability to convert Club points to HH points the same year. Another is resort upgrades when available. Yet, with the thousands Elite members pay, there is a lot more HGVC ought to do... like adding additional annual bonus points and maybe discounts on MFs. Yes, Yes, everyone knows the TUG mantra about resales, but Elite members do make a significant contribution to the whole HGVC food chain. They ought to be rewarded...

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Members who had attained the Elite Plus or Elite Premier status are offered Elite Select Exchange Getaways. The problem is that whenever I request such a Getaway, none are available.

IOW, whatever you think we'll do, its up to us to decide if we're gonn'a let you.
They oversell it, and all you have is a license to hunt. Typical.

Last edited:

danoquinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was sent an e-mail from HGVC in March to let me know that I could book the Myrtle Beach property in March and April as an Elite perk. Unfortunately too busy to do so on such short notice. I thought that was a nice perk, but for summer reservations I have to wait just like everyone else.

I received the same email about the Myrtle Beach reservation window. My wife's and my birthdays were coming up so I thought for a nice get away weekend we could go to MB. I called the HGVC reservation number and had no problem getting exactly the room what I wanted. I was pleasantly surprised actually. Going over the March/April weekend. Looking forward to it. I don't think it will be this easy in the summer months unless you are owner though. I am glad HGVC finally has something on the east coast besides Florida.