• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any one heard of Seabreeze Advertising Corp.

jenerusgirl

Reaction score
Thank you to all of you who are kind and understanding like Dave. I appreciate your understanding. I don't really feel the need to defend my descision any further. It is what it is. Sorry if my last post was a little abrasive...I just didn't appreciate people being so rude just because I didn't follow the advice given. To those of you who wished me luck, thank you and I will take it because yes, I am sure I will need it. Enough is enough everyone ok!

PS - To satisfy some curiousities, on the ad's that I placed I clearly said that I was open to any and all offers. Is that to high?

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just thought I would post some observations about Seabreeze's website - seabreezeadvertising.com jenerusgirl, I am posting these comments only for those that might be considering following your lead. According to their website, they have 2735 properties listed for sale. I looked at apx. 30 different listings throughout the U.S. and only found 1 listing that included the week. In every other listing, no information was given about whether fixed/floating/season/week. You were just asked to make an offer without knowing such minor info. The one listing that included a week was Vistana Villages (wk 40) but the listing made no mention of options and based on the maintenance fee posted, was seeking $16500 for eoy 2bdr. I did check out westgate (wastegate) for a certain mod and I don't understand his complaining about westgate if you can move that ts for $30k.:hysterical: A Mayan Palace in Acapulco is listed for 27K - no idea what week and location wasn't easy to determine. There is a listing for DVC, SSR with no mention of # of points. Someone is going to be able to pick up a steal at Sheraton's Vistana with a 2 bdr. going for only $21k or a 1bdr. at Tahiti Village going for 20k.

My point is simple, if this company really was legit and wasn't just interested in the listing fees, they would be working with the sellers in obtaining a reasonable ad (that includes all the important info.) at a reasonable price. Future tuggers, stay away from Seabreeze!

CatLovers

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What's done is done with respect to having paid Seabreeze. Even if you demanded a refund, they won't give you one - guaranteed.

Not entirely true! For the benefit of any newbies who read this thread in the future, if you paid for this using your credit card, you still have another option. Call your credit card company and explain to them that you have just discovered that this outfit is a scam, as evidenced by:
(a) the BBB ratings and significant information you found over the Internet where people have reported them as a scam. Print off the appropriate information and fax it to your credit card company as part of your request.
(b) their unwillingness to honor the 6-day (or whatever) recission period they gave you when you first signed up.

It's been my experience that the credit card companies are very willing to help when you have evidence that you have been cheated. Just because the OP is not willing/able to back out of this deal does not mean that you are necessarily stuck with it. Invest some time and energy and it may still work out for the best.

jenerusgirl

Reaction score
If I was paying them for the ad that they put on their website, I wouldn't have paid. I paid them because of the showcases they said they do each weekend. Big difference. Here I go again defending my decision! Anyway...do I dare ask...what is OP?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If I was paying them for the ad that they put on their website, I wouldn't have paid. I paid them because of the showcases they said they do each weekend. Big difference. Here I go again defending my decision! Anyway...do I dare ask...what is OP?

If those weekend showcases are such a great idea, why don't they mention on their website that they do those events? Wouldn't you think that they would want owners such as you to know that they provide that great sales tool??

Personally, I think that's just part of a pitch they do on the phone. How do you know they actually do those showcases? Where do they do them?

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
jenerusgirl - OP is either original poster or original post depending on the context of use. Again, my above comment wasn't directed at you but for anyone coming across this thread in the future. You have made your decision and you stand behind it. That is fine. My post is directed at those that may come across Seabreeze and think it is legitimate. If the company really was interested in trying to resell timeshares, the info. in their ads and the listed prices would reflect that.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
...the way I look at it is this:
I can list my timeshare with numerous free or low cost websites and hope that one morning some one who happens to have cash on hand wakes up and thinks "I am going to buy a timeshare today." On top of this they are going to happen to do this through one of the websites I listed on, they are going to also happen to want my resort, my week, and my price with out hearing any type of sales pitch on it.

Now to me this just seems VERY UNLIKELY!
It's actually very likely, assuming you price your timeshare as suggested in the article we have referred you to. See this linked current thread for some current examples of how happy some long-time TUGgers are with such "free or low cost websites".

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can list my timeshare with numerous free or low cost websites and hope that one morning some one who happens to have cash on hand wakes up and thinks "I am going to buy a timeshare today." On top of this they are going to happen to do this through one of the websites I listed on, they are going to also happen to want my resort, my week, and my price with out hearing any type of sales pitch on it.

Oh and by the way, I have listed my timeshare on 3 different free sites, and haven't had any luck there yet either.

All I can do at this point is keep my fingers crossed. Whether or not you all believe my situation, I can't help you there. I don't really feel the need to have to prove anything to any of you strangers anyways, I mean COME ON!:doh:

Jenerusgirl you need to remember that there are thousands of timeshares out there for sale. You need to spend as little money as possible with the most exposure! As far as the sales pitch you can do this yourself,its called answering buyers question and being honest (concept your company would never use).

You stated if they were not honest why would they only take part of the money upfront and rest of your money at closing as closing fee's. If you only paid something like $29.95 upfront then maybe they are good company but I doubt they would take small fee. They probably took hundreds from you,what ever after talking to you that they new you would pay. Now your told rest comes out of closing fee. I doubt they care because there will be no sale and no closing fee. They made what ever money you paid upfront and they move on to next target.

I'm not sure how many free sites are out there but I have had very good luck with Craigs list for selling and buying and renting and it cost me nothing but a few minutes. For a little amount you can list on Tug and Redweek and few other sites that thousands do see each day.

You are right that its hard to find buyer that matches up to your unit but it happens.

If you have a nice resort and good price then it will sell at some point.

You are way off base in your thinking people with no money or knowlege of timeshares are the ones that will want your unit. :doh:

Most people that find a unit on these resale ads already own or have some dealing in timeshares and understand how it works. Many of these people are looking for a resort they know about or have stayed there before and if you have it great and now you can work out a deal. Some are just looking for good deal for a resort for trade too! Not to many newbe's just see resale list and buy a timeshare without knowing anything about it. Unless you own a fixed week then your floating week doesn't matter if its the season the buyer wants.

The people your talking about are the newbe's that get taken by the developers sales pitch. Most at that point never heard of resales or they would have never bought from resort at their prices.:crash:

Most of us on here are just trying to help you and others. shrug:

Last edited:

Coach-1

Reaction score
I am confused---

Hello.
I am not trying to be prudent here or rude, but I am confused about something within the TUG network....

The name to fame here is that basically ALL the Timeshare Resale Industry is a Fraud.......and to do it with TUG instead!

1. It says you reach 25,00 users.
2. Ability to post on classifieds and post on bulletins.
3. Did anyone REALIZE....THAT EVERYONE IN THE SYSTEM ALREADY OWN TIMESHARE and WANT TO SELL OR RENT????????

Think about this for a minute...
a. People waste time coming here to ask questions.
b. People whom write or work for TUG post replies.
c. People waste even more time posting ads and bulletins on TUG.
d. The people in the disussion groups are either:
--Admin of TUG or--
--Timeshare Owner, usually 90% of the Time!
Exactly how will that help a person wanting to sell their timeshare??

I recently read a couple of the discussion forums within TUG about 'free' places online to advertise a timeshare.
a. This is the exact thing that TUG admin says...NOT to do...online ads
b. One post said to look whom is coming up on the top of a search...
--ALL those Sites of Co's that come up top on a search you PAY for!
--How do you THINK they got to the top of the page??? NO COST
to them?? Funny isnt it. Think about that...Co's pay hundreds
of dollars weekly or even thousands to get ads out there and you
expect them to charge you nothing? How do you think they as
well as TUG stay in business?
Then you have all the ebay hubbub....that a couple users here in TUG have advised. Ah....DON'T work either! How many ebay items end up over $5,000 you think.....not many EVER!

Oh...right people say...but you can sell it for whatever just to get rid of it.
Well, what do you say to 75% to 90% of the Timeshare Owners out there that have MINIMUM $10,000 Invested??? ----just tell them to dup it for $1?
--Yeah, thats great advise.
--Anyone else have any bright ideas for this resale industry??

So far we got a user base here primarily made up of Current Owners whom WANT to SELL their timeshare and NOT people looking to Buy along with bright ideas about selling it for $1 when you have Thousands invested to loose. We are off to a great start folks!

I 'WILL' be back later to answer all your questions and see what the infamous TUG admin staff have to say. That is unless it is a non-FREE Speech organization and my user account is deleted for telling the TRUTH.

We will see.
Hope to be back to answer questions.

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is funny and COACH-1 is fast! He just put this post on the TUG site and beat me all the way over to REDWEEK.:doh:

All that running to get there made me tired!:rofl:

This person just posted this on Tug as his first post and also just made first post on Redweek under the name MER5 so this person either likes to change his user name or has a partner in crime!

Don't get his point in all this unless he runs or works for one of those upfront companies!

Seems to be just throwing this out to see if anything sticks.

PHIL

Last edited:

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
The poster (Coach-1) has flawed logic and grammar, IMHO.

Last edited:

jdb0822

Reaction score
obviously very uneducated on the real resale market and market values, and IMHO, he probably works for one of the post card companies.

lets face it, really only 2 groups get routinely slammed here, post card company scammers and the sales weasals for developers.

You know he is uneducated on timeshares when he says "10,000 invested".

Timeshare is not designed as an investment.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello.
I am not trying to be prudent here or rude, but I am confused about something within the TUG network....

ok...what confuses you...we are happy to help.

The name to fame here is that basically ALL the Timeshare Resale Industry is a Fraud.......and to do it with TUG instead!

where do you get this from? we have an article on how to sell your timeshare and that article mentions MANY low or no cost sites alternative to TUG. We are here to help people get the most out of their timeshares...be it selling it, renting it...or using it themselves.

It is not our fault that certain timeshare questions all have the same answer that comes across as negative.

1. It says you reach 25,00 users.

what does?

2. Ability to post on classifieds and post on bulletins.

and? dont understand if this is a question or?

3. Did anyone REALIZE....THAT EVERYONE IN THE SYSTEM ALREADY OWN TIMESHARE and WANT TO SELL OR RENT????????

thats not the case at all...how exactly do you come to this conclusion? what facts do you have to back this up? none id guess as its entirely false.

Think about this for a minute...
a. People waste time coming here to ask questions.

they do? over the past 14 years TUG has helped tens of thousands of people with their timeshare experience....be it buying, selling, renting or using them. if you feel it is a waste of time...it may very well be FOR YOU...and you are welcome to leave at any time. Obviously its not a big enough waste of time for you to come here and post a long anti-tug rant. That doesnt mean you arent within your rights to do so however.

b. People whom write or work for TUG post replies.

All the moderators and admins (besides me) are volunteers and timeshare owners themselves who exhibit both a love for timesharing and helping other timesharers...but experience and knowledge in the timeshare industry.

c. People waste even more time posting ads and bulletins on TUG.

still dont quite see why you feel this is a waste of time...or why you chose to waste your time typing all this nonsense. (I certainly have a theory on why...but thats neither here nor there)

d. The people in the disussion groups are either:
--Admin of TUG or--

false

--Timeshare Owner, usually 90% of the Time!

you dont say???? a site dedicated to the timeshare community that is 90% timeshare owners? Thank you for bringing this dark secret out in the open...any more pearls of wisdom you have for us?

Exactly how will that help a person wanting to sell their timeshare??

how can you not see that the people here have already "been there and done that" and provide the advice and information necessary to help people sell or rent their timeshares if thats what they want to do. However the forums are not for selling timeshares in the first place...so again I fail to see your point.

I recently read a couple of the discussion forums within TUG about 'free' places online to advertise a timeshare.

for someone who thinks its a waste of time here..you sure do spend alot of time doing it!

a. This is the exact thing that TUG admin says...NOT to do...online ads

please point out where anyone has ever said to "not do online ads". yet again you are so completely out there with your comments its just absurd.

b. One post said to look whom is coming up on the top of a search...
--ALL those Sites of Co's that come up top on a search you PAY for!

yes...and? depends on what you search for.

search for "sell timeshare" and you get tons of upfront fee companies.

search for "timeshare advice" and you get TUG.

--How do you THINK they got to the top of the page??? NO COST to them??

they spend millions of dollars on SEO is how.

We get our rankings from content...thus is the difference.

Funny isnt it. Think about that...Co's pay hundreds
of dollars weekly or even thousands to get ads out there and you
expect them to charge you nothing?

only a few of these companies are at the top of those listings, however most mentioned here dont even show up in the first 100 or so listings for any google searches. So explain to me how spending a large upfront fee to have your timeshare advertised on a site that DOESNT show up at the top of any search engine is a good deal?

Fact is, you are more than welcome to spend your money any way you wish...after all its your money. We at TUG give you our recommendations on tried and true options for selling your timeshare. If you choose to ignore them and use other options...that is certainly your right.

How do you think they as well as TUG stay in business?

I can assure you the $10 tug charges for ads wouldnt even cover the cost of running this server for a year....after all...all tug members get an ad for free each year they are a member. (and soon will get unlimited ads for free)

Then you have all the ebay hubbub....that a couple users here in TUG have advised. Ah....DON'T work either! How many ebay items end up over $5,000 you think.....not many EVER!

again...where do you come up with your facts to back up your comments?

going on ebay and typing in "timeshare" and searching completed listings comes up with nearly 3000 ads.

of the first 52....42 of them are marked as sold.

2 of them sold for over 5000 dollars.

while I did attend public school.....thats a pretty good sold rate...which is why when you see people recommend ebay as a selling option...its for selling items at no reserve price.

Oh...right people say...but you can sell it for whatever just to get rid of it. Well, what do you say to 75% to 90% of the Timeshare Owners out there that have MINIMUM $10,000 Invested??? ----just tell them to dup it for $1?
--Yeah, thats great advise.
--Anyone else have any bright ideas for this resale industry??

if its only worth $1...and those owners just want out of the timeshare...then yes...that is a viable option and good adivce.

is your advice to tell them to spend 800 dollars in a futile attempt to sell it for $10,000?

our advice costs little to no money...and will probably end up in the owner being done with their timeshare for good.

your option will cost them hundreds of dollars and they will still have the timeshare.

but hey...if YOU think thats good advice...start your own site and preach it....you wont find many followers of poor advice here.

So far we got a user base here primarily made up of Current Owners whom WANT to SELL their timeshare and NOT people looking to Buy along with bright ideas about selling it for $1 when you have Thousands invested to loose. We are off to a great start folks!

again...where do you get your facts from to back this up? they are again so ridiculously false its just funny. many many EXISTING timeshare owners are in the market to buy an additional timeshare...and many many timeshare owners own multiple weeks. then again...as mentioned before...you arent here on these forums to search for a buyer...you come here for advice. Why this concept escapes you is beyond me.

I 'WILL' be back later to answer all your questions and see what the infamous TUG admin staff have to say. That is unless it is a non-FREE Speech organization and my user account is deleted for telling the TRUTH.

you wont get deleted for speaking your mind...however I havent seen a single fragment of truth in anything you have said above.

jdb0822

Reaction score
the fact that he chose to repsond to this old thread tells me something, which isn't good.

As for users here, I used this site in 2005 to to learn about and find a rental. I used this site again in 2006 once again to find a rental. I started using the site in late 2007 to learn how and what I should buy for my needs. I spent the time researching and in Jan 08 I purchased a timeshare for 95% under the developers price. I bought that through a timeshare broker that is very well known here on TUG as many members recommended them.

I think many users here will agree that the info & help on TUG is very helpful for all transactions dealing with timeshares.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think its foolish to assume everyone or even the majority of people reading TUG are timeshare owners. I'm interested in purchasing a timeshare(s), so I did an internet search looking for timeshare discussion boards. Almost everything in life has a discussion board now, and you can get free advice from people who are knowledgeable. I honestly don't understand why someone in this day an age would spend thousands of dollars without doing research on the internet, unless of course they got weasled into it by a high pressure sales pitch. I'm sure there are many other people like me who may not have registered as TUG members but are reading the BBS for research.

My two cents,
Michael

Coach-1

Reaction score
Bravo!

post deleted...if you cant follow the be courteous rule...your posts wont be permitted here.

only warning you will get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think jenerusgirl chose a very appropriate user name.
Just went to the website. Very hard to find timeshares for sale. They promote rentals and vacations. Finally did get to a resort I am considering. They are listed at developer prices and WILL NEVER sell. Get that j-girl?

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Coach,

Take a deep breath. Then tell us what your angle is - are you looking for help to sell a timeshare you spent more than $10k on? I'm going to assume that you are frustrated in not getting any bites on your timeshare for sale priced around $10k. you can get advice about that. the $1 on ebay thing is not one-size-fits all. But many timeshares actually have no value. Sorry, that's how it is. If you start at $1 on ebay and it gets bid up to $5k, well, then we know the value.

If you want to be part of this community, you can be. You aren't off to a great start, but, many who came here full of anger soon calmed down and decided to learn. How to sell or how to make the best of what they own or whatever.

If you simply want to discredit Tug, well, good luck. If you find a better source of information about timesharing, good for you.

scambuster

Reaction score
[Message deleted. Duplicate posts are not permitted on these forums. I have transferred the subsequent responding posts to this existing thread. Dave M, BBS Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

ljohaley

Reaction score
I am a victim of Seabreeze Advertising

To anyone considering falling for the Seabreeze Advertising scam, please DO NOT. I fell for their pitch in Oct 2007 - paid them $928 to sell my timeshare. They contacted me 4 days later (a person has 7 days to cancel the contract) to tell me they had some people interested. Since then, nothing. They contact me only when I contact them first, usually with excuses, such as 'things have been slow', or 'wait until after the holidays'. I have searched & searched on their website, like a buyer would, for my listing & it cannot be found. DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR HYPE! They will do nothing but take your money. I loved my timeshare, but can no longer afford to travel, can no longer afford to pay the maintenance fee, and most definitely did not have $900 to waste on Seabreeze. SEABREEZE IS A SCAM!!!