• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here's a strange Ebay for sale

sfsailors

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Closing Services, Inc

Timeshare Closing Services, Inc is very slow in closing. It will be close around Aug 2009!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Why wouldn't the current owner just rent out the final week of their RTU?

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the description:

Similar ownerships sell for over $15,000 when purchased directly from the developer. Purchase this exact ownership NOW at a fraction of the original price!

Wow, I wonder what one with 5-10 years left on it sells for.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
From the description:

Similar ownerships sell for over $15,000 when purchased directly from the developer. Purchase this exact ownership NOW at a fraction of the original price!

Wow, I wonder what one with 5-10 years left on it sells for.

It isn't too far in the future until people will be posting the same type of things about Disney Vacation Clubs.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
They say that the seller pays all costs except for this years maintenance fees.

Bruce :D

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw this today- makes no sense to me to sell a RTU with just one year left and incur an $800 transfer fee, plus a $299 closing fee paid by seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...3591&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

IMHO it was not clearly stated in your posting above that the seller was to pay going both fees.

You posted " with just one year left AND incur an $800 fee. The key words in your posting IMHO is AND INCUR AN $800 Transfer fee.

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
The seller is not the same as the eBay member listing it - the eBay member is a broker. It is not in his best interest for this to end up as a rental, because then he doesn't get his fee/commission.

The "comparable" unit obviously isn't comparable - it is a RTU that ends in 2027, per the resort website. That sells for $16000 on their website, but again, has 19 years remaining, not just 1.

Obviously it would make more sense for the "seller" to simply rent the unit out, and not pay any fees. That does entail a small amount of risk, but why pay closing fees and transfer fees when they're not necessary?

It might be different if the current owner has an option to extend the RTU at a substantial savings over the current prices, but otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

DonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO it was not clearly stated in your posting above that the seller was to pay going both fees.

You posted " with just one year left AND incur an $800 fee. The key words in your posting IMHO is AND INCUR AN $800 Transfer fee.

The original Ebay ad was that the buyer would pay the $800 transfer fee, and the seller would pay the $299 closing fee. Then the Ebay seller changed the ad so that the seller would pay both fees.

My original post stated (before the Ebayer changed the terms) "...Just saw this today- makes no sense to me to sell a RTU with just one year left and incur an $800 transfer fee, plus a $299 closing fee paid by seller".

To me it didn't matter who paid these fees (since I had no intention of buying the week). My point was it didn't matter who paid the fees- a RTU that's expiring in one year shouldn't be sold.

I think Mel hit the nail on the head. The seller is a broker and will make more on a sale than a rental, and he doesn't care who pays a fee as long as it's not him! The owner probably knows little about timesharing.