• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kroger- Hilton Head, sc

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
We arrive at Island Links tomorrow for 2 weeks. It's suppose to be about 48 degrees when we arrive tomorrow afternoon, but looks like temps will be warmer next week. Since we are from the Tampa area, we consider this our touch of winter for the year.

The new Kroger is open on Hilton Head. It opened Dec. 11. Kroger does not double coupons anymore as of Oct., 2013. I'm anxious to see the changes around the Mall area. Harris Teeter is having Super Doubles(double any coupon up to $2.- limit 20 per day) this week through next Tuesday. Just mentioned this, in case there are any couponers that are TUG members.

Has anyone been to HH in the past month to tell me what new things to look for? Have a groupon for Pazzo's. Ate there last February, the food & service were great.

Also look forward to going to the great thrift shops in the HH/Bluffton area. No, it doesn't take much to entertain this senior couple. LOL

Can't wait to get there!

Last edited:

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I hope it gets to 48 this afternoon. Right now it is 36 and very windy but at least the sun is shining. Enjoy you stay.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
The new Krogers was very nice I didn't have any coupons, so I didn't notice they didn't double I also didn't think to ask if they have a senior day like we do at home on Wednesdays. Not sure whether it was because we were there the weeks of Christmas and New Years, but they seemed to have too much food and marked down a lot of things because they were short dated. We got some nice meat for the trip and even got milk for $1.99 a gallon. They were out of store brand eggnog on New Years Eve and were willing to substitute another brand for the same price.

As for thrift stores, we went to the one off island one day that advertised 20,000 sf. It was actually four stores, one on the main road and three together on another road. Definitely worth a visit. I believe this was where I picked up the book listing all the thrift stores in the area.

We also liked the Litter Box, which benefits the local animal shelter. We went to a few of the consignment stores and one pawn shop without finding much interesting. I do NOT recommend the Bargain Box. I left a negative review for them on Yelp if you want to read about my poor experience there.

It was cold and rainy most of the time we were there, but we did manage to rest up from a hard December. Hope your weather is better. It is approaching zero at home tonight, so the cool weather at HH doesn't seem so bad.

Sheila