• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Notice from RCI: Massanutten check-in changed to 6PM!?!

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not an old timer like some here and we've only been on 11 timeshare vacations so far - but on over half I have had to call the resort and tell them we would be checking in after 6:00 PM anyway.

For us it's no big deal.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I think a 6 pm check-in is very unreasonable. I agree with earlier posters that in the busy summer and holiday week periods they need to have more people working to turn these units over. I own at Massanutten and years ago we used to be able to check in early - around 1 or 2. The last 2-3 years they held you to the 4-5 pm check-in. We are from the DC area and want to be on the road by 12 noon to beat the traffic out of town. It's only a 2 1/2 hr drive so we arrive early and don't want to buy groceries along the way because of the uncertainty of check-in time.

This is a huge customer dissatisfier and Massanutten needs to do something about this. If they get enough customer complaints maybe they will change it like when they were charging $55 a week for Wi-Fi and after enough complaints, it became free.

Post #15 points out that rooms will be available starting at 1PM. No matter how many extra people are brought in during busy times, some rooms will not be ready until later.

dawna

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 Massanutten units - I really love the place. We very often do the owners update meeting. They really, really are pushing hard to go to points. Do NOT believe the car pass people when they tell you that so many people complained about how long the meetings were taking - they now limit them to 2 hours:annoyed:

We have been going for years and never had them try so hard to sell. I will never, never do an owner update meeting again - this was the first that my husband got up and walked out of the meeting:)

How did your meeting go??

The meeting went well. They assigned a manager to us, I guess they thought that we would buy if the big dogs pull out the gun on us. I didn't buy a thing. just wanted the gift card. He was very upset that we didn't buy. I got two units in Woodstone and a good week there so why would I want to buy from them when I got this resort from ebay at a good price. They tried to sale us the Regal Vista for 11 grands. when I left the meeting I went back to my villa and book the Regal Vista through RCI.

Dawna

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents worth. By checking in at 6 pm you have lost one whole day of vacation. shaggy

Not necessarily. We are going to Massanutten in October, we live 3 hours away. We plan to leave home in the morning, spend the day driving down Skyline Drve and admiring the fall leaves all day. We are not the type to spend all day at the resort. We will explore the surrounding area on the day of arrival.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Not necessarily. We are going to Massanutten in October, we live 3 hours away. We plan to leave home in the morning, spend the day driving down Skyline Drve and admiring the fall leaves all day. We are not the type to spend all day at the resort. We will explore the surrounding area on the day of arrival.

Good point that many people forget or never knew, getting there is half the fun. When we pull out of the driveway we sing to each other, "we're on vacation, we're on vacation.":cheer:

lvkcwalker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked in today at Regal Vistas at 2:30 p.m. without any problems. There were quite a few others doing the same, and it appeared that they were all given units without delayed check-in.:)