• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What to Expect Weather-wise in Boston?

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
I will be joining DH in Boston the last week of Aug for a biz trip. I will be joining the spouses for daytime activities while DH is in meetings and afterwards, he and I will do some sightseeing for a few days.

What can I expect weather-wise? I'm used to Calif summer weather of no rain, very low humidity, mid 80s, cool eve/nights. it's been 20 years since our last trip and I have no idea what to tote around during the day...umbrella? light sweater? other?

Also, can someone suggest a great restaurant for a special dinner? I am horribly allergic to shellfish, so all-seafood establishments are out due to kitchen cross contamination.

Lastly, what's the best way to get to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetary in Concord as we won't have a car? One of the spouses has that on her to do list for a free afternoon.

Thanks.

Ingrid

persia

Reaction score
You are not from a temperate region, Boston can be anything from hot and dry to cold and wet. Average temperatures are 80F high and 65F low. Average rainfall is 3.35 inches. Average sunny days in August is 9, Average partly cloudy days is 11 for a total of 20 out of 31 days of sunshine. But again it is Boston, so there are no guarantees.

As far as Sleepy Hallow Cemetery, the closest public transport is 0.9 miles away Concord Station on the Fitchburg/South Acton Commuter Rail Line. At a hefty $10.5 fare...

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
You want to rent a card to drive to Concord. The best way to handle the weather is to look up the 10 day weather forecast the day before you leave, then plan accordingly. The weather can change in Boston in a matter of minutes.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ingrid,
I might be able to take you out and back. Please PM me and I'll see what I can do. I am working all that week, but may be able to rearrange a few things.
I took some Tuggers out to Author's Ridge last year, but could not find all the authors and I've been there many, many times. Lots to see and do in Concord. The Old North Bridge (the shot heard 'round the world), Walden Pond, Emerson's House, the museum, etc.

I wouldn't rent a car unless you've driven here before. It's an easy ride down Rte. 2, but you have to get to Rte. 2 and with the Charles River Rail Bridge under construction, it could be confusing. Again, your choice.

If you grew up loving "Little Women", you might want to consider "Orchard House".

I live 4-5 miles from Concord/Walden Pond.

Self-tour (lots of walking) : http://www.newenglandtravelplanner.com/go/ma/boston_west/concord/sights/walking_tour.html

I've never been on one of these, but it may be of interest to you.

This one may be able to tailor a tour for your interests: http://www.concordguides.com/

http://www.adventurestudenttravel.com/themetours/literature-Concord-Massachusetts.html

No tour bus can make it up to Author's ridge, though. The Beaglemobile is about the largest car that can maneuver those narrow cemetery turns.

http://www.viator.com/tours/Boston/Cambridge-Lexington-and-Concord/d678-3978TOUR2?pref=02&aid=g1860

http://tourlexington.us/libertyride.html

http://bookriot.com/2013/03/14/a-literary-tour-of-concord-massachusetts/

Re : The weather. Good idea on the 5-10 day forecast. Expect the unexpected.

Last edited:

GeraldineT

Reaction score
If there is a few of you going then maybe look into just getting car service. Public transportation outside of the city isnt the easiest. We were in Boston Last summer as my husband has an office about 15 minutes north and it was like 100 degrees and they closed some of the ships and beacon monument because of the heat. For dinner there are a few nice bistros at Feneuil Hall. We love walking around there at night. Often you can find some musicians playing/street performers in the common areas and they have a nice waterfront. We usually grab an gelato after dinner and take a walk.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers

charford

TUG Member
Reaction score
Restaurant for special dinner

When we lived in Boston, our go - to restaurant for a special night out was L'Espalier. It's on Boylston St. in the Back Bay. Here's the link: L'Espalier main page

litebrite

Banned
Reaction score
The humidity on the East Coast is intense compared to our beautiful California sunshine. Boston is also known to have rainstorms in the summer time.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Thank you all for you responses. I was hoping not to have to carry a big tote bag with umbrella and stuff, but no such luck...am spoiled by the climate we have here.

I learned that next week is restaurant week in Boston, so we should have some options for some fabulous meals!

Ingrid

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I never knew about Author's Cemetary.
We liked Concord and lexington so much, we went back a second day.
My husband is a descendant of the family that owned buckman's tavern, so we had to tour that.

persia

Reaction score
Is 4.5 years too early to work on a check list of what to see and do in the Boston area? This year I hit the Lantern Festival in Jamaica Plain and the pops 4th of July celebration. I really want to see everything here before I retire and leave.