• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Presentation Tomorrow

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Wish us luck. Send reinforcements if we're not back by noon Was going to skip but our guests were really interested in the golf, spa, and food discounts. We were also 'upgraded' to a better view. It really is a phenomenonal view overlooking the ocean and resort. The panoramic attached doesn't do it justice since the left portion (almost pure ocean) is cutoff.

It's our 4th visit to Vidanta so I'm well aware of what to expect after the free (relative, I know) breakfast. Love this place; just don't love the price.

dd51df6dfa2d92888f444e43286e8c08.jpg

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Luck. They can and will stretch it out far longer than the agreed-upon 1 1/2 hours. First, the clock doesn't start until AFTER the breakfast. Then they won't sign you off to gifting until they've run several- 3-4 closers by you.

Be ready for the hard sell. 'WHY won't you buy'? 'We'll take your ______ timeshare on trade/' ;'We will rent your excess weeks for you to pay the MF'. etc. etc. etc.

Just be careful. They're more dangerous than the offshore sharks.

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Friends don't let friends go to sales presentations...

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Friends don't let friends go to sales presentations...
I'm getting my revenge on my friends...I mean guests.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm getting my revenge on my friends...I mean guests.

Think how bad you will feel if they buy... :(:(:(

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Good Luck. They can and will stretch it out far longer than the agreed-upon 1 1/2 hours. First, the clock doesn't start until AFTER the breakfast. Then they won't sign you off to gifting until they've run several- 3-4 closers by you.

Be ready for the hard sell. 'WHY won't you buy'? 'We'll take your ______ timeshare on trade/' ;'We will rent your excess weeks for you to pay the MF'. etc. etc. etc.

Just be careful. They're more dangerous than the offshore sharks.

Jim
Been through it several times before. I could pull an all nighter with them, but DW never lets it get that far. I take it as a challenge to see how low they will drop the price before we walk away.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Think how bad you will feel if they buy... :(:(:(
They won't. Oh, and Vidanta dropped the required time to 60 minutes I wonder how slow their watch will be.

truthmonkey

Reaction score
What's the difference between 90 minutes stretched to 4 hours and 60 minutes stretched to 4 hours?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Out in 84 minutes! Would have been less but the last deal was extremely enticing. Still considering it, but out of presentation and enjoying the resort

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Coffee ??

What's the difference between 90 minutes stretched to 4 hours and 60 minutes stretched to 4 hours?

A second cup of coffee at the breakfast .

Hi truthmonkey ,
I know you have been following the Wyndham thread (s)
re points buckets and computer issues re owner's accts and online reserving ( Aug-Sept 2016)

FYI - all Vidanta reservations are currently done by phoning their reservations number.
IMO - they have very helpful and knowledgeable staff in reservations ( as I am sure Wyndham does )

While Vidanta contracts are in (simple) weeks - the complication is in the MF per use week and the brand level - which depends on when the contract was written and addendum details .

A Grand Luxxe owner can reserve any level but not the reverse . ( at it should be )

I can reserve Sea Garden or Mayan Palace . My contract states that we pay the same MF for SG as MP . A Sea Garden owner with a 20 year old contract is likely paying less $ for the same unit.

This ( the MF / by timeframe sold variation) probably applies across their system . I understand that reservations has a subset of staff who make sure it is quoted and billed accurately . Since many owners have the - MF on use only and a max. % increase per year addendums - the following years MF per contract- is sent to the owner- the fall before the use year, as information . The MF is often not payed - until you are making your reservation (and then , generally charged to a credit card ) . Accuracy is paramount to maintain the owner service levels expected by all parties .

< One reason Vidanta likes to get owners to upgrade is that your new MF for Grand Bliss etc is based on this years Sales contract . That is why negotiating and adding new addendums and keeping the ones in you existing contract is key if an owner decides to upgrade .>

IMO - Perhaps Vidanta SHOULD REMAIN with their current reservations format and take a pass
on letting owners do online reservations and online credit card billing due to potential computer programming issues
ala Wyndham's current ( fall 2016 ) example .

Last edited:

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Out in 84 minutes! Would have been less but the last deal was extremely enticing. Still considering it, but out of presentation and enjoying the resort

As an owner, I almost always do the updates as I am always open to new possibilities. If nothing entices me, about 60 - 90 minutes is the norm. However, they do sometimes entice me with creative offers and my time to negotiate has extended to several hours. I actually don't mind the process as I am always looking to upgrade my vacation experience and they are looking for creative ways to separate me from my money - so it all works.

That said, but if there is actually no way someone will spend any money regardless of the offer on the table, then I see no logic to ever attend any presentation. It seems you went in with the right attitude: "entice me with something and I will consider it - but I am in total control of my money."

Mike

Irish_Reign

Reaction score
We will be making our first trip to the GL Nuevo location where we own in the new lofts level. We bought pre-construction and have only visited RM previously. When at RM they always offered us 10% off purchases, tickets to Cirque show or X-Caret and a tour for 4 to Telum. If you hold out they even over a credit to your bill.

My question is what do they offer in Nuevo to take the owner update? We are considering a trip out to Marietas Islands and also a scuba dive. I don't want to book and pre-pay for a trip only to find out Vidanta was offering the same excursion free if we go to the update...

Thanks!

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I was able to get the following:
- "Upgraded" view (tower 1 vs tower 4). The view was phenomenal (6th floor facing the ocean). It was worth it just for this.
- 10% off food
- 2 free massages
- Unlimited massages for ~$45 after the 2 free
- Unlimited rounds of golf for $60 (normally $175 to $225 approx depending on course)
- 50% off golf club rental
- Reduced rates (I think 10% discount) on all excursions booked onsite
- Taxi fare back to airport

I'm not sure if some of the above apply if you don't attend (like the golf) and are staying at Luxxe, but it ended up being a good deal for me...especially considering I was out in less than 90 minutes and we golfed several times. My wife and friend enjoyed the massages.

Others I talked with didn't get as much. I'm sure they read each person and offer based on initial discussion/reaction.

We will be making our first trip to the GL Nuevo location where we own in the new lofts level. We bought pre-construction and have only visited RM previously. When at RM they always offered us 10% off purchases, tickets to Cirque show or X-Caret and a tour for 4 to Telum. If you hold out they even over a credit to your bill.

My question is what do they offer in Nuevo to take the owner update? We are considering a trip out to Marietas Islands and also a scuba dive. I don't want to book and pre-pay for a trip only to find out Vidanta was offering the same excursion free if we go to the update...

Thanks!

Irish_Reign

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. It is very helpful. I am usually very good at seeming disinterested and steering the conversation. I typically start volunteering what we like to do to see what they may offer.

The free massages for 2 is a bonus as we get 2 for 1. We have 16 free rounds of golf in our contract so I will try to stay away from that. An upgraded view would be awesome but our units are not in the original GL towers. From what I understand our buildings all face down the river towards the ocean with views of PV. I will be sure to post pics as soon as I have them.

The taxi fare back is interesting. In RM they won't pay for your return. Something about a union that they could get in trouble with. So if you push hard enough they will credit your account the $38 for the return taxi. This way they pay for it without really paying for it...

So it sounds like they don't offer any free excursions. That is helpful to know. Right now I can book 2 and get a 3rd free online. I just didn't want to book them and find out I could have done some of them free.

Thanks again for the input. If anyone else has received different benefits I would love to hear about it.