• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vallarta Gardens - The Registry Collection

dreamin

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
While searching RCI for timeshares in the PV area, the Vallarta Gardens showed availability for ridiculously low point values. The listing indicates that this is available to Platinum members only. The description states it is part of The Registry Collection which is registered under RCI, LLC. I've searched TUG and read all the horror stories about their timeshare presentations yet Trip Advisor shows great reviews of the resort itself. The photos of the resort on the Registry Collection website are beautiful yet on TUG it's been reported that these new buildings have not even been constructed. Something isn't right here. Can anyone help me make sense out of this? Would it be too risky to reserve here if I stayed away from the lying salesmen? Is anyone familiar with The Registry Collection, which offers "luxury vacation opportunities" and appears to be affiliated with RCI?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
what you are missing is that it is a mandatory All Inclusive Resort with a very high AI fee for all the luxury they provide. Off the top of my head I would guess around $2000 per person for the the week but I will check and edit the post if I am wrong.

I guess I was wrong and confused it with the Grand Velas. The only think I can see is that the more prestigious units are the 3, 4, and 5 bedroom houses. I am not sure what the studios and I bedroom units would be like and what kind of private facilities you would have for those. Try it out and write a review.

Last edited:

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing anything about all inclusive for this resort. I've held a week (600 RCI points!) for March 2017 and as this is an easy drive I'm hoping it works out!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
There was no signs of construction of the towers on our 2016 visit. The resort consisted of a converted condo type village with only a few units having ocean view. The units we looked at were very nice and spacious. If a view isn't important then this is decent place. My thought is that there will be construction going on, eventually, that will block the entire ocean front access as soon as they decide to build the towers.

Bill

terminator

TUG Member
Reaction score
While searching RCI for timeshares in the PV area, the Vallarta Gardens showed availability for ridiculously low point values. The listing indicates that this is available to Platinum members only. The description states it is part of The Registry Collection which is registered under RCI, LLC. I've searched TUG and read all the horror stories about their timeshare presentations yet Trip Advisor shows great reviews of the resort itself. The photos of the resort on the Registry Collection website are beautiful yet on TUG it's been reported that these new buildings have not even been constructed. Something isn't right here. Can anyone help me make sense out of this? Would it be too risky to reserve here if I stayed away from the lying salesmen? Is anyone familiar with The Registry Collection, which offers "luxury vacation opportunities" and appears to be affiliated with RCI?

Not much right about this resort. There are many posts you can review covering several years. There are a few newer houses (perhaps 7 to 8 yrs old) with ocean views, located facing south on ocean front, shown by VG sales people to potential "buyers" of timeshare. This is a Condo development, with private owners in the majority of the houses paying condo fees, established many years ago. Some come up for sale now and then by the private owners, and that's one way to locate/buy there. Questionable who has title to the few VG large houses; not sure if it's been noted anywhere. Presume it's the director of VG. Doubt any units/towers will be built as that has been the pitch for several years. Also a matter of where they - towers especially - would be located within the site. Many victims, some of whom have recovered their funds, some not. An aggressive collection agency (Monterey Financial Services) in California now pursuing many buyers of the fraud, including those who have been refunded their money by the credit card companies. Any recipients of the calls/letters should contact the Attorney General for California. Many travel websites have carried ads for VG rentals. Believe Trip Advisor issued a caution about VG last year. Still on there, advertised as private boutique residence club. In 2015 VG promoted fractional ownership, which foreign buyers may not be able to purchase in MX if within certain distance of waterfront; requires a bank trust, which is practical for homes and condos. Depends how fractional is structured. Seems VG is promoted as a hotel if you want to believe any of the reviews.
The T/S presentation is slick...amounts to fraud by misrepresentation in many cases, if not all.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
FYI- A Vallarta Gardens -Scam TUG thread exists / stated in 2014

Just an FYI - to any new readers .

Thread was started Jan 17 2014
Beware of Vallarta Gardens

It has 91 posts so lots of details on how
the " slick TS sales ( scam ) works "

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free