• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton vistana villiages

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
In building 9 Bella and Internet is slow, room smells, road noise, tread mill screens do not work. I own here and wonder where my maintenance fee goes.

I own Marriott, Hilton, Westin, and Disney and all are much better than this place, guess I'm spoiled. I hardly ever stay here as I bought it for the star options To .gonelsewhere.

I will be letting management know of this anyone know best source to file feedback?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
In building 9 Bella and Internet is slow, room smells, road noise, tread mill screens do not work. I own here and wonder where my maintenance fee goes.

I own Marriott, Hilton, Westin, and Disney and all are much better than this place, guess I'm spoiled. I hardly ever stay here as I bought it for the star options To .gonelsewhere.

I will be letting management know of this anyone know best source to file feedback?

I have only on a rare occasion been given a room that has seen more than its fair share of abuse and was not, in my opinion, adequately maintained. Did you try asking the front desk to be moved?

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have only on a rare occasion been given a room that has seen more than its fair share of abuse and was not, in my opinion, adequately maintained. Did you try asking the front desk to be moved?

Yes, we had a lock off 2 bedroom in key west which spelled musty and requested a move. Room number 2 was in Bella. That room only had the studio side ready unfortunately the keycards we were given did not work but we saw workers with the door open ripping the 1 bedroom side carpet padding up. They told us the carpet got wet and they dried it out overnight and we're now replacing the padding. We went back to front desk to get room #3 but did not have another one ready so we went out and came back to room 3 that had an immediate strong smell of Lysol and we opened the windows and decided to stay as our guests were already settled in the lockoff side.

We have stayed here apps 4 years ago and it was fine but not this year.

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at SVV Sept 30-Oct 5. Building 3 Room 507 (premium 1 bdrm). Room had just been renovated, in immaculate condition. We own Bella and Key West. On our third time staying there we've never had an issue. We noticed that St. Augustine was in process of renovation. Just received an email evaluation form.
I suggest doing the evaluation form and noting a negative experience on TripAdvisor or similar travel review site.

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Bella phase was just renovated, no?

What a shame.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bella phase was just renovated, no?

What a shame.

Pretty sure this is not a renovated room maybe soft items and carpet but patio furniture is in bad shape. It was more the smell, terrible Internet, and today a 7am wake up call which we did not request go figure

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
today a 7am wake up call which we did not request go figure

They were just helping you to be on time for your owner's update ;)

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Yes all units in Bella have been renovated within the past couple years. I personally was not very impressed with the renovation-the phase still does not seem nearly as modern as other areas of the resort, and a lot of the older features were kept. Sorry to hear about your poor experience. Unfortunately sometimes you just get a bad room there. This happened to us in 2006, I believe, where the closet door was off its hinges, the front door had trouble shutting all the way, the oven would not close, the counter was stained from old food, the bathroom tiles were coming out and were cracked, the window curtain was stained, and the whole room smelled of smoke. That was the last year we stayed in Bella!! Hopefully maintenance can be a bit more proactive in preserving the older rooms.

As for internet, I think it is very spotty and the signal varies throughout the resort, despite various upgrades that they have completed throughout the years.

And I would definitely contact the general manager, Jorg Heyer, for feedback. He is great and very responsive to concerns and issues.

blondietink

Reaction score
Yes all units in Bella have been renovated within the past couple years. I personally was not very impressed with the renovation-the phase still does not seem nearly as modern as other areas of the resort, and a lot of the older features were kept. Sorry to hear about your poor experience. Unfortunately sometimes you just get a bad room there. This happened to us in 2006, I believe, where the closet door was off its hinges, the front door had trouble shutting all the way, the oven would not close, the counter was stained from old food, the bathroom tiles were coming out and were cracked, the window curtain was stained, and the whole room smelled of smoke. That was the last year we stayed in Bella!! Hopefully maintenance can be a bit more proactive in preserving the older rooms.

As for internet, I think it is very spotty and the signal varies throughout the resort, despite various upgrades that they have completed throughout the years.

And I would definitely contact the general manager, Jorg Heyer, for feedback. He is great and very responsive to concerns and issues.

We stayed in Bella a couple of times as well as St. Augustine. The internet in all of the villas we stayed in was less than ideal at SVV. Would think they would have it fixed by now. In contrast, we just stayed at Lagunamar in Cancun and the internet was fantastic in both the villa and public areas of the resort. SVV needs to take a lesson here from Lagunamar. Just MHO.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would tell them I need to get another unit. I wouldn't put up with an odor at all. There is not reason to be in a stinky room with a lot of noise. We stayed in Bella and liked it okay. We were right next to the playground and thought the noise would bother us, but it was fine.

Never let a resort get by with assigning you an uncomfortable unit. You are paying their salary as an owner. As an exchanger, I have had wonderful luck with all Starwood resorts in recent years. Vistana was bad at one time, but that goes back to a stay in 2004. Our stay a few years ago was stellar, and we were in Fountains.